|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A lance.
2. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
3. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(b) A promise.
(c) The children.
4. What color are Gladys' stockings?
5. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To find food.
(b) To say goodbye to her family.
(c) To pack their things.
(d) To look for Henry.
6. What does Sabina pull to get the set to start to right itself?
(a) A door.
(b) A lever.
(c) A handle.
(d) A rope.
7. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Tackle him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Shoot him.
8. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
(a) With more feeling.
(b) In a better fashion.
(c) As normal.
(d) As it used to be.
9. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To invent.
(b) To live.
(c) To understand.
(d) To love.
10. Who takes Henry off the stage in Act 3, Part 2?
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) No one.
11. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear to greet Henry, what are they wearing?
(a) Their costumes from Act 2.
(b) Their costumes from Act 1.
(c) New costumes for Act 3.
(d) The robes of some priesthood.
12. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
13. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
(a) Everyone was in need of her.
(b) Everyone was staying home.
(c) Everyone was helping each other.
(d) Everyone was at their best.
14. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(b) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(c) Descending from above.
(d) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
15. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He starts to cough.
(c) He faints.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry says that his childhood led him to feel like he was being deprived of what?
2. Who does Sabina describe as the enemy in Act 3?
3. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
4. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
5. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)