|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Tackle him.
(d) Shoot him.
2. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
(a) Illness and suffering.
(b) Stupidity and corrpution.
(c) Poverty and war.
(d) Laziness and idiocy.
3. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) The Muses.
4. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
(a) That some might get onto the ship.
(b) That a few will survive.
(c) That they are about to die.
(d) That they are all lucky.
5. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To live.
(b) To understand.
(c) To love.
(d) To invent.
6. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Employment Union.
(b) Stageworkers' Union.
(c) Entertainment Union.
(d) Actors' Union.
7. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He starts to cough.
(b) He dies.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls asleep.
8. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
(a) His home.
(b) His books.
(c) His pets.
(d) His family.
9. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to destroy.
(b) The desire to kill.
(c) The desire to hate.
(d) The desire to love.
10. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The audience.
(b) The conventioneers.
(c) The on-lookers.
(d) The stagehands.
11. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(a) Jump overboard.
12. Who takes Henry off the stage in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) No one.
13. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
14. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(b) The police.
(d) His mother.
15. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The enforcers.
(c) The lawmakers.
(d) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
2. How does Henry describe his childhood?
3. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
4. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
5. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)