|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Entertainment Union.
(b) Employment Union.
(c) Stageworkers' Union.
(d) Actors' Union.
2. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(c) Her spirit.
(d) The Fortune Teller.
3. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
(a) The Broadcasters.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
(d) The Loudspeaker.
4. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
(a) Everyone was helping each other.
(b) Everyone was at their best.
(c) Everyone was in need of her.
(d) Everyone was staying home.
5. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) A week.
(b) A few days.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10 years.
6. Sabina tells Henry that his father is determined to do what to her?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Imprison her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Kidnap her.
7. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(a) An end.
8. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
(a) Divine energy.
(b) Divine help.
(c) Divine worship.
(d) Divine intervention.
9. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
(b) Moment of relaxation.
(c) Walk in the sunshine.
(d) Piece of cake.
10. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
11. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
12. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(b) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(d) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
13. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) A passerby.
14. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) A whale.
(d) The Fortune Teller.
15. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he doesn't care.
(b) That he just wants to go home.
(c) That he doesn't want to be loved.
(d) That he loves them too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
2. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
3. Henry vows to be free even if he has to do what?
4. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
5. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)