|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) A week.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) A few days.
2. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
(d) A whale.
3. Henry promises to go away where he can be what?
4. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(b) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(c) Too many people have hope to give up.
(d) Too many people care about others to give up.
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(b) Why the whole universe exists.
(c) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
(d) Why the whole universe continues.
6. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
(a) As it used to be.
(b) As normal.
(c) In a better fashion.
(d) With more feeling.
7. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(b) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(d) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
8. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(a) His mother.
(c) The police.
9. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(a) Jump overboard.
10. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
11. What color are Gladys' stockings?
12. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The conventioneers.
(b) The stagehands.
(c) The on-lookers.
(d) The audience.
13. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) In the ruins of the convention.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) On a hilltop.
(d) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
14. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
(a) The swine flu.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) The flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
15. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(c) An end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry says that his childhood led him to feel like he was being deprived of what?
2. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
3. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
4. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
5. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)