|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people have hope to give up.
(b) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(c) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(d) Too many people care about others to give up.
2. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A syringe.
(b) A lance.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
3. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
(a) The enforcers.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The lawmakers.
(d) The police.
4. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
(a) Disown him.
(b) Murder him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Apologize to him.
5. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has been wounded.
(b) She has become an inventor.
(c) She has had a baby.
(d) She has become unable to walk.
6. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Tackle him.
(d) Hit him.
7. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
(a) How calm everyone is with the storm approaching.
(b) How all the animals are scattering away.
(c) How all the animals are coming onto the beach.
(d) How happy he is to be married.
8. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
9. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
(a) Divine intervention.
(b) Divine energy.
(c) Divine help.
(d) Divine worship.
10. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Strange and weird.
(b) Fabulous and filled with love.
(c) Happy and demanding.
(d) Awful and deprived.
11. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
12. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(a) A family.
(b) Peace of mind.
(d) A home.
13. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(b) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(c) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(d) Descending from above.
14. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To look for Henry.
(b) To say goodbye to her family.
(c) To pack their things.
(d) To find food.
15. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stagehand who insists that Sabina play the scene properly, even though she doesn't want to?
2. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
3. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
4. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
5. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)