|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Pick up at a point in the future.
(b) Restart at Act 2.
(c) Continue from where she left off.
(d) Start the Act over again.
2. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
(a) Everyone was staying home.
(b) Everyone was in need of her.
(c) Everyone was helping each other.
(d) Everyone was at their best.
3. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A knife.
(b) A lance.
(c) A gun.
(d) A syringe.
4. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has become unable to walk.
(b) She has had a baby.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has become an inventor.
5. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
(a) Divine intervention.
(b) Divine help.
(c) Divine energy.
(d) Divine worship.
6. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She doesn't say.
(c) The wrong side.
(d) The right side.
7. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
(b) The Fortune Teller.
(c) The Loudspeaker.
(d) The Broadcasters.
8. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) The Fortune Teller.
9. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! Good over evil!
(b) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(c) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(d) Think it over! A new world to make!
10. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Apologize to him.
(c) Disown him.
(d) Murder him.
11. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(a) A promise.
(d) The children.
12. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He faints.
(c) He dies.
(d) He starts to cough.
13. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
14. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
15. Why does Mrs. Antrobus allow Gladys to keep her stockings?
(a) Because Sabina likes the color.
(b) Because Henry likes the color.
(c) Because Mr. Antrobus likes the color.
(d) Because she likes the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
2. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
3. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
4. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
5. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)