|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(a) His mother.
(d) The police.
2. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To find food.
(b) To say goodbye to her family.
(c) To look for Henry.
(d) To pack their things.
3. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
(a) His mother.
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
4. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
(a) Her rooms.
(b) The casino.
(c) A bar.
(d) The beach.
5. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
(a) How all the animals are scattering away.
(b) How calm everyone is with the storm approaching.
(c) How all the animals are coming onto the beach.
(d) How happy he is to be married.
6. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) A week.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) A few days.
7. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
8. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Tackle him.
(c) Strangle him.
(d) Hit him.
9. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The back yard.
10. Henry says that his childhood led him to feel like he was being deprived of what?
11. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(b) The Loudspeaker.
(d) The Broadcasters.
12. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To live.
(b) To love.
(c) To invent.
(d) To understand.
13. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He faints.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He starts to cough.
14. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(b) Everyday life.
15. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has become unable to walk.
(b) She has had a baby.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has become an inventor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
2. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
3. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
4. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear to greet Henry, what are they wearing?
5. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)