|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
(a) Gives him supplies.
(b) Wishes him good luck.
(c) Gives him money.
(d) Asks him to stay.
2. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) The Fortune Teller.
3. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Happy and demanding.
(b) Awful and deprived.
(c) Fabulous and filled with love.
(d) Strange and weird.
4. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
(a) That some might get onto the ship.
(b) That a few will survive.
(c) That they are about to die.
(d) That they are all lucky.
5. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The on-lookers.
(b) The conventioneers.
(c) The stagehands.
(d) The audience.
6. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(c) The police.
(d) His mother.
7. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(b) Everyday life.
8. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
9. What is the name of the stagehand who insists that Sabina play the scene properly, even though she doesn't want to?
10. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
11. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In the ruins of the convention.
(c) On a hilltop.
(d) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
12. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe exists.
(b) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(c) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
(d) Why the whole universe continues.
13. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(c) A whale.
(d) Mrs. Antrobus.
14. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(c) Jump overboard.
15. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A knife.
(b) A lance.
(c) A syringe.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
2. Henry says that his childhood led him to feel like he was being deprived of what?
3. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
4. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
5. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)