|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he doesn't want to be loved.
(b) That he loves them too.
(c) That he doesn't care.
(d) That he just wants to go home.
2. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) The Muses.
3. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(b) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(c) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(d) Descending from above.
4. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
5. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The on-lookers.
(b) The stagehands.
(c) The audience.
(d) The conventioneers.
6. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(b) Everyday life.
7. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
(a) Pour water on them.
(b) Light them on fire.
(c) Punch them.
(d) Kick them.
8. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The front yard.
9. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
(a) The police.
(b) The lawmakers.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The enforcers.
10. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(b) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(d) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
11. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(a) The children.
(b) A promise.
12. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! Good over evil!
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(d) Think it over! Survival of the best!
13. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
14. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
15. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has become unable to walk.
(b) She has become an inventor.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has had a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
2. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
3. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
4. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
5. How does Henry describe his childhood?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)