|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(b) An end.
2. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
3. Henry vows to be free even if he has to do what?
(a) Disappear to do it.
(b) Die to do it.
(c) Kill everyone to do it.
(d) Leave everyone to do it.
4. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(d) Think it over! Good over evil!
5. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(a) Jump overboard.
6. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to kill.
(b) The desire to hate.
(c) The desire to destroy.
(d) The desire to love.
7. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people care about others to give up.
(b) Too many people have hope to give up.
(c) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(d) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
8. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
(a) Pour water on them.
(b) Light them on fire.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Punch them.
9. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
(a) Apologize to him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Disown him.
10. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Strange and weird.
(b) Fabulous and filled with love.
(c) Happy and demanding.
(d) Awful and deprived.
11. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) On a hilltop.
(b) In the ruins of the convention.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
12. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(d) Her spirit.
13. Why does Mrs. Antrobus allow Gladys to keep her stockings?
(a) Because Mr. Antrobus likes the color.
(b) Because she likes the color.
(c) Because Sabina likes the color.
(d) Because Henry likes the color.
14. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
15. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(c) A passerby.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
2. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
3. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
4. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
5. Who does Sabina describe as the enemy in Act 3?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)