|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To find food.
(b) To pack their things.
(c) To say goodbye to her family.
(d) To look for Henry.
2. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
3. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
(a) A bar.
(b) The beach.
(c) The casino.
(d) Her rooms.
4. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) A whale.
5. Henry promises to go away where he can be what?
6. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
(a) That some might get onto the ship.
(b) That they are all lucky.
(c) That a few will survive.
(d) That they are about to die.
7. What does Mrs. Antrobus throw into the ocean?
(a) A bottle with a message.
(b) A bottle of beans.
(c) An empty bottle.
(d) A filled bottle.
8. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A lance.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A syringe.
9. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
(a) Stupidity and corrpution.
(b) Illness and suffering.
(c) Poverty and war.
(d) Laziness and idiocy.
10. What does Sabina pull to get the set to start to right itself?
(a) A rope.
(b) A lever.
(c) A handle.
(d) A door.
11. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(a) A home.
(c) Peace of mind.
(d) A family.
12. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
13. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(a) The children.
(c) A promise.
14. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! A new world to make!
(b) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(c) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(d) Think it over! Good over evil!
15. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
(a) Divine help.
(b) Divine energy.
(c) Divine worship.
(d) Divine intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
2. Sabina tells Henry that his father is determined to do what to her?
3. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
4. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
5. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)