|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he doesn't want to be loved.
(b) That he loves them too.
(c) That he just wants to go home.
(d) That he doesn't care.
2. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Her spirit.
(b) The Fortune Teller.
3. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! Good over evil!
(d) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
4. Henry promises to go away where he can be what?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear to greet Henry, what are they wearing?
(a) Their costumes from Act 2.
(b) Their costumes from Act 1.
(c) The robes of some priesthood.
(d) New costumes for Act 3.
6. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
(a) Gives him supplies.
(b) Gives him money.
(c) Wishes him good luck.
(d) Asks him to stay.
7. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(b) Descending from above.
(c) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(d) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
8. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) The Fortune Teller.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
9. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
(a) The beach.
(b) A bar.
(c) Her rooms.
(d) The casino.
10. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Strange and weird.
(b) Awful and deprived.
(c) Happy and demanding.
(d) Fabulous and filled with love.
11. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
12. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A week.
13. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To understand.
(b) To love.
(c) To live.
(d) To invent.
14. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
15. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The stagehands.
(b) The conventioneers.
(c) The on-lookers.
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
2. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
3. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
4. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
5. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)