|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Actors' Union.
(b) Stageworkers' Union.
(c) Entertainment Union.
(d) Employment Union.
2. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Awful and deprived.
(b) Happy and demanding.
(c) Fabulous and filled with love.
(d) Strange and weird.
3. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
(a) The flu.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) The swine flu.
(d) Food poisoning.
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(b) Why the whole universe continues.
(c) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
(d) Why the whole universe exists.
5. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(b) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(d) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
6. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
(a) His pets.
(b) His family.
(c) His books.
(d) His home.
7. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He starts to cough.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He faints.
8. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A uniform.
(b) A fur jacket.
(c) A long overcoat.
(d) A navy blue suit.
9. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to kill.
(b) The desire to hate.
(c) The desire to love.
(d) The desire to destroy.
10. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
(a) Everyone was staying home.
(b) Everyone was in need of her.
(c) Everyone was helping each other.
(d) Everyone was at their best.
11. Henry says that his childhood led him to feel like he was being deprived of what?
12. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
13. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
14. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
15. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) A week.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
2. Why does Mrs. Antrobus allow Gladys to keep her stockings?
3. What rumbles distantly as Mrs. Antrobus appears in Act 2, Part 2?
4. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
5. Henry vows to be free even if he has to do what?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)