|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Entertainment Union.
(b) Stageworkers' Union.
(c) Employment Union.
(d) Actors' Union.
2. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he loves them too.
(b) That he doesn't care.
(c) That he doesn't want to be loved.
(d) That he just wants to go home.
3. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
(a) The swine flu.
(b) The flu.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Chicken pox.
4. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(b) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(c) Descending from above.
(d) From a trapdoor in the floor.
5. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
(d) Mrs. Antrobus.
6. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Awful and deprived.
(b) Happy and demanding.
(c) Strange and weird.
(d) Fabulous and filled with love.
7. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(b) Everyday life.
8. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A navy blue suit.
(b) A uniform.
(c) A fur jacket.
(d) A long overcoat.
9. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(b) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(c) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(d) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
10. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe exists.
(b) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
(c) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(d) Why the whole universe continues.
11. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(a) The children.
(d) A promise.
12. What does Mrs. Antrobus throw into the ocean?
(a) A filled bottle.
(b) A bottle of beans.
(c) A bottle with a message.
(d) An empty bottle.
13. Who does Sabina describe as the enemy in Act 3?
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
14. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) A week.
(b) A few days.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 10 years.
15. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has had a baby.
(b) She has become an inventor.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has become unable to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
2. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
3. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
4. What rumbles distantly as Mrs. Antrobus appears in Act 2, Part 2?
5. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)