|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
2. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Mrs. Antrobus.
3. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
(a) Light them on fire.
(b) Punch them.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Pour water on them.
4. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
5. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
6. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
(a) His mother.
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
7. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Her spirit.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
8. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of mirrors.
(b) People of shallowness.
(c) People of straw.
(d) People of toothpicks.
9. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
(a) Her rooms.
(b) The beach.
(c) A bar.
(d) The casino.
10. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
(a) Laziness and idiocy.
(b) Poverty and war.
(c) Stupidity and corrpution.
(d) Illness and suffering.
11. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
(a) Divine worship.
(b) Divine help.
(c) Divine energy.
(d) Divine intervention.
12. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Descending from above.
(b) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(c) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(d) From a trapdoor in the floor.
13. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) In the ruins of the convention.
(b) On a hilltop.
(c) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
(d) In a meadow.
14. What is the name of the stagehand who insists that Sabina play the scene properly, even though she doesn't want to?
15. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
2. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
3. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
4. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
5. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)