|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To pack their things.
(b) To find food.
(c) To look for Henry.
(d) To say goodbye to her family.
2. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(b) An end.
3. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
4. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
(b) The Fortune Teller.
(c) The Broadcasters.
(d) The Loudspeaker.
5. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
(a) Walk in the sunshine.
(c) Piece of cake.
(d) Moment of relaxation.
6. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
(a) That they are all lucky.
(b) That they are about to die.
(c) That some might get onto the ship.
(d) That a few will survive.
7. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
8. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(b) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(d) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
9. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(b) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(c) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(d) Descending from above.
10. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
(a) The front yard.
(b) The back yard.
(d) The kitchen.
11. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Her spirit.
(d) The Fortune Teller.
12. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people care about others to give up.
(b) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(c) Too many people have hope to give up.
(d) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
13. What is the name of the stagehand who insists that Sabina play the scene properly, even though she doesn't want to?
14. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
15. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sabina describe as the enemy in Act 3?
2. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
3. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
4. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)