|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus allow Gladys to keep her stockings?
(a) Because Mr. Antrobus likes the color.
(b) Because Henry likes the color.
(c) Because she likes the color.
(d) Because Sabina likes the color.
2. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
(a) Everyone was in need of her.
(b) Everyone was at their best.
(c) Everyone was helping each other.
(d) Everyone was staying home.
3. Sabina tells Henry that his father is determined to do what to her?
(a) Kidnap her.
(b) Seduce her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Imprison her.
4. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Actors' Union.
(b) Employment Union.
(c) Stageworkers' Union.
(d) Entertainment Union.
5. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(c) An end.
6. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Tackle him.
(d) Hit him.
7. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(b) Too many people care about others to give up.
(c) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(d) Too many people have hope to give up.
8. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
9. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(b) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(c) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(d) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
10. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Pick up at a point in the future.
(b) Restart at Act 2.
(c) Continue from where she left off.
(d) Start the Act over again.
11. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of shallowness.
(b) People of straw.
(c) People of mirrors.
(d) People of toothpicks.
12. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(b) Why the whole universe exists.
(c) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
(d) Why the whole universe continues.
13. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) The wrong side.
(d) The right side.
14. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(a) A passerby.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
15. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To invent.
(b) To love.
(c) To live.
(d) To understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
2. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
3. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
4. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
5. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)