|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of straw.
(b) People of shallowness.
(c) People of mirrors.
(d) People of toothpicks.
2. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people care about others to give up.
(b) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(c) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(d) Too many people have hope to give up.
3. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) The right side.
(b) The wrong side.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She doesn't know.
4. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
5. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) On a hilltop.
(b) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In the ruins of the convention.
6. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
(a) Punch them.
(b) Light them on fire.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Pour water on them.
7. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A week.
8. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The police.
(c) The enforcers.
(d) The lawmakers.
9. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he doesn't want to be loved.
(b) That he just wants to go home.
(c) That he doesn't care.
(d) That he loves them too.
10. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has been wounded.
(b) She has become unable to walk.
(c) She has had a baby.
(d) She has become an inventor.
11. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
(b) His mother.
(c) The police.
12. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(b) The Fortune Teller.
(c) A whale.
13. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He dies.
(b) He faints.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He starts to cough.
14. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(b) Descending from above.
(c) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(d) From a trapdoor in the floor.
15. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Tackle him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
2. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
3. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
4. How does Henry describe his childhood?
5. The stage directions for Act 3, Part 2 describe Henry as being a representation of what?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)