|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(c) Everyday life.
2. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
(a) A lance.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A syringe.
3. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Restart at Act 2.
(b) Continue from where she left off.
(c) Start the Act over again.
(d) Pick up at a point in the future.
4. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
(a) Laziness and idiocy.
(b) Poverty and war.
(c) Stupidity and corrpution.
(d) Illness and suffering.
5. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) A passerby.
6. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
(a) The lawmakers.
(b) The enforcers.
(c) The police.
(d) The neighbors.
7. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
(a) How all the animals are scattering away.
(b) How happy he is to be married.
(c) How calm everyone is with the storm approaching.
(d) How all the animals are coming onto the beach.
8. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) On a hilltop.
(d) In the ruins of the convention.
9. What does Mrs. Antrobus throw into the ocean?
(a) A filled bottle.
(b) An empty bottle.
(c) A bottle of beans.
(d) A bottle with a message.
10. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(b) A whale.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
11. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(b) A home.
(c) Peace of mind.
(d) A family.
12. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
(a) His books.
(b) His home.
(c) His pets.
(d) His family.
13. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Tackle him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Hit him.
14. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A week.
15. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stage directions for Act 3, Part 2 describe Henry as being a representation of what?
2. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
3. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
4. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
5. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)