|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
(a) The flu.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) The swine flu.
2. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has become unable to walk.
(b) She has been wounded.
(c) She has become an inventor.
(d) She has had a baby.
3. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) The Fortune Teller.
4. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(d) An end.
5. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(a) A family.
(b) Peace of mind.
(c) A home.
6. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
(a) To say goodbye to her family.
(b) To look for Henry.
(c) To pack their things.
(d) To find food.
7. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He faints.
(b) He starts to cough.
(c) He dies.
(d) He falls asleep.
8. What is the name of the stagehand who insists that Sabina play the scene properly, even though she doesn't want to?
9. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
(a) Stupidity and corrpution.
(b) Laziness and idiocy.
(c) Illness and suffering.
(d) Poverty and war.
10. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(b) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(c) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
(d) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
11. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A long overcoat.
(b) A uniform.
(c) A fur jacket.
(d) A navy blue suit.
12. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
(a) Asks him to stay.
(b) Gives him supplies.
(c) Wishes him good luck.
(d) Gives him money.
13. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
14. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The conventioneers.
(b) The audience.
(c) The stagehands.
(d) The on-lookers.
15. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(b) Everyday life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
2. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
3. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
4. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)