|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumbles distantly as Mrs. Antrobus appears in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The earth.
(b) The sea.
(c) The wind.
2. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of shallowness.
(b) People of toothpicks.
(c) People of straw.
(d) People of mirrors.
3. Who takes Henry off the stage in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) No one.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
4. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Actors' Union.
(b) Stageworkers' Union.
(c) Employment Union.
(d) Entertainment Union.
5. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
(a) How all the animals are scattering away.
(b) How happy he is to be married.
(c) How calm everyone is with the storm approaching.
(d) How all the animals are coming onto the beach.
6. Why does Mrs. Antrobus allow Gladys to keep her stockings?
(a) Because she likes the color.
(b) Because Sabina likes the color.
(c) Because Henry likes the color.
(d) Because Mr. Antrobus likes the color.
7. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
8. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to destroy.
(b) The desire to hate.
(c) The desire to kill.
(d) The desire to love.
9. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(a) A family.
(c) Peace of mind.
(d) A home.
10. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! Good over evil!
(d) Think it over! Survival of the best!
11. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He dies.
(b) He starts to cough.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls asleep.
12. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
(a) The back yard.
(c) The front yard.
(d) The kitchen.
13. What does Henry do to the books on the stage?
(a) Pour water on them.
(b) Punch them.
(c) Kick them.
(d) Light them on fire.
14. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 100 years.
(b) A few days.
(c) A week.
(d) 10 years.
15. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Happy and demanding.
(b) Strange and weird.
(c) Fabulous and filled with love.
(d) Awful and deprived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
2. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
3. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
4. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
5. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)