|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
(a) Why the whole universe continues.
(b) Why the whole universe exists.
(c) Why the whole universe was set in motion.
(d) Why the whole universe is collapsing.
2. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(d) Think it over! Good over evil!
3. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
(a) Her rooms.
(b) The beach.
(c) The casino.
(d) A bar.
4. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) 100 years.
(b) A few days.
(c) A week.
(d) 10 years.
5. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
(a) That he loves them too.
(b) That he just wants to go home.
(c) That he doesn't care.
(d) That he doesn't want to be loved.
6. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
7. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
(a) Stageworkers' Union.
(b) Employment Union.
(c) Actors' Union.
(d) Entertainment Union.
8. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(d) Jump overboard.
9. What rumbles distantly as Mrs. Antrobus appears in Act 2, Part 2?
(a) The earth.
(b) The sea.
(d) The wind.
10. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) The Muses.
11. Henry says that he has no family and doesn't want what?
(a) A family.
(b) Peace of mind.
(d) A home.
12. Sabina tells Henry that his father is determined to do what to her?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Kidnap her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Imprison her.
13. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
(a) In a better fashion.
(b) As it used to be.
(c) With more feeling.
(d) As normal.
14. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
15. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has become unable to walk.
(b) She has had a baby.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has become an inventor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
2. What color are Gladys' stockings?
3. The stage directions for Act 3, Part 2 describe Henry as being a representation of what?
4. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
5. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)