|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Tackle him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Hit him.
2. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(c) Jump overboard.
3. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
(a) Think it over! Good over evil!
(b) Think it over! A new world to make!
(c) Think it over! Survival of the best!
(d) Think it over! New laws to abide by.
4. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to destroy.
(b) The desire to love.
(c) The desire to hate.
(d) The desire to kill.
5. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) The right side.
(b) She doesn't say.
(c) The wrong side.
(d) She doesn't know.
6. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She has had a baby.
(b) She has become unable to walk.
(c) She has become an inventor.
(d) She has been wounded.
7. Who breaks character and tells everyone to stop the scene, reminding the actors about what happened the previous night?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) The Muses.
8. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of straw.
(b) People of shallowness.
(c) People of mirrors.
(d) People of toothpicks.
9. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
(d) Everyday life.
10. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
(a) His pets.
(b) His books.
(c) His family.
(d) His home.
11. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
(b) The children.
(d) A promise.
12. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
13. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
14. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(b) A passerby.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
15. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(b) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(c) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(d) Descending from above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
2. Henry promises to go away where he can be what?
3. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
4. Sabina says that Mr. Antrobus is determined to end what, after the war?
5. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)