|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Antrobus takes one last look at Henry, who is thrashing in his sleep, where does she go?
(a) The back yard.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The front yard.
2. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
3. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
(a) In the ruins of the Antrobus' home.
(b) On a hilltop.
(c) In the ruins of the convention.
(d) In a meadow.
4. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
(a) The Fortune Teller.
(c) Her spirit.
5. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
(a) To love.
(b) To invent.
(c) To live.
(d) To understand.
6. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) The wrong side.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) The right side.
7. When Henry wakes up and confronts his father, what does he challenge Mr. Antrobus to do?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Apologize to him.
(c) Disown him.
(d) Shoot him.
8. What does Mrs. Antrobus throw into the ocean?
(a) A bottle of beans.
(b) A bottle with a message.
(c) An empty bottle.
(d) A filled bottle.
9. Henry promises to go away where he can be what?
10. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
(a) The on-lookers.
(b) The conventioneers.
(c) The stagehands.
(d) The audience.
11. How does Henry describe his childhood?
(a) Strange and weird.
(b) Happy and demanding.
(c) Awful and deprived.
(d) Fabulous and filled with love.
12. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Start the Act over again.
(b) Continue from where she left off.
(c) Pick up at a point in the future.
(d) Restart at Act 2.
13. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) The Fortune Teller.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
14. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
(a) How calm everyone is with the storm approaching.
(b) How all the animals are coming onto the beach.
(c) How all the animals are scattering away.
(d) How happy he is to be married.
15. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
(a) The desire to destroy.
(b) The desire to hate.
(c) The desire to love.
(d) The desire to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus hand Gladys over to her father and then leave again?
2. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
3. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
4. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
5. The stage directions for Act 3, Part 2 describe Henry as being a representation of what?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)