|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) From a trapdoor in the floor.
(b) Walking onto the stage from backstage.
(c) Walking onto the stage from the audience.
(d) Descending from above.
2. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He faints.
(d) He starts to cough.
3. When Sabina begs to be allowed onto the ship, who says she can come on board?
(b) The Fortune Teller.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Mrs. Antrobus.
4. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
(a) The right side.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) The wrong side.
5. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
(c) Jump overboard.
6. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Pick up at a point in the future.
(b) Continue from where she left off.
(c) Start the Act over again.
(d) Restart at Act 2.
7. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(b) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
(c) Too many people have hope to give up.
(d) Too many people care about others to give up.
8. Mr. Antrobus vows to continue fighting Henry, saying they both want what?
(d) An end.
9. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
10. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
(a) His father.
(b) No one.
(c) His mother.
11. What color are Gladys' stockings?
12. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) A passerby.
13. What does the Fortune Teller tell the conventioneers about their future?
(a) That a few will survive.
(b) That some might get onto the ship.
(c) That they are all lucky.
(d) That they are about to die.
14. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
(a) The swine flu.
(b) The flu.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Chicken pox.
15. How does Sabina describe people without deep feelings?
(a) People of straw.
(b) People of mirrors.
(c) People of toothpicks.
(d) People of shallowness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What union does the stagehand threaten to report Sabina to if she doesn't play the scene properly?
2. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
3. Sabina shouts that Mr. Antrobus is still inventing what?
4. When the Fortune Teller looks over the water at the Antrobus' and their ship, she says what?
5. How does Henry describe his childhood?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)