|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) The society.
(d) Judge Moses.
2. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ball.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A rock.
3. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared to be left alone.
(b) Scared for her mother.
(c) Happy to be with her family.
(d) Happy being with her mother.
4. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus to do to save them from the cold?
(a) Invent something that warms everyone.
(b) Build a bigger fire.
(c) Discover electric fire.
(d) Burn everything in the house.
5. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
6. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The selfishness of humans.
(c) The Antrobus'.
(d) The compassion of humans.
7. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
8. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The times tables.
(d) The inventions his father has created.
9. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A locket.
10. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
11. While Homer sings a ballad, Moses recited from the Bible in what language?
(a) Ancient Latin.
(b) Ancient Greek.
(c) Ancient Arameic.
(d) Ancient Hebrew.
12. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
13. What kinds of fortunes does the Fortune Teller shout, apparently at random?
(a) Prosperous fortunes.
(b) Happy fortunes.
(c) Gloomy fortunes.
(d) Sad fortunes.
14. What role does Sabina play in the Antrobus household?
15. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Ancient America.
(d) Ancient China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
2. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
3. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus quote while Henry quotes the multiplication tables?
5. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)