|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Homer sings a ballad, Moses recited from the Bible in what language?
(a) Ancient Latin.
(b) Ancient Hebrew.
(c) Ancient Arameic.
(d) Ancient Greek.
2. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
(a) Because so many of their children had died.
(b) Because their children are sick.
(c) Because their whole family is ill.
(d) Because a doctor is always a good person to have.
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus quote while Henry quotes the multiplication tables?
(a) Biblical story of flood.
(b) Biblical story of destruction.
(c) Biblical story or repentance.
(d) Biblical story of creation.
5. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
(a) Too dark.
(b) Too sad.
(c) Too cold.
(d) Too dangerous.
6. Sabina asks the Fortune Teller if whom has come?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
7. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Connecticut.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
8. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Marrying her.
(c) Helping her.
(d) Arresting her.
9. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
(a) A bright read S.
(b) A bright red C.
(c) A bright red M.
(d) A bright red L.
10. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
(b) The society.
(c) Judge Moses.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
11. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
(a) Inventor division.
(b) Learner division.
(c) Keeper division.
(d) Human division.
12. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
(a) A dark blue pant suit.
(b) A jumper.
(c) A uniform.
(d) A skirt.
13. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
14. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
15. How many old women are among the crowd of refugees at the Antrobus'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people speak during a monologue?
2. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
3. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
4. What word does the Fortune Teller use to describe the flooding rain that is in humanity's future?
5. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)