Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The Antrobus'.
(b) The compassion of humans.
(c) The selfishness of humans.
(d) The refugees.
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
(a) So Henry knows he loves him.
(b) Because Mr. Antrobus is mad at Henry.
(c) Because Mr. Antrobus always hits Henry.
(d) So Henry will have something to really remember the day.
3. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
(a) Too dangerous.
(b) Too sad.
(c) Too cold.
(d) Too dark.
4. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Helping her.
(c) Arresting her.
(d) Marrying her.
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
(a) The light.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The theater.
(d) The clouds.
6. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
(a) The wheel.
(b) The car.
(c) The house.
(d) The stove.
7. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
8. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It is changed to new sets.
(b) It is darkened.
(c) It moves upwards.
(d) It disappears.
9. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Fried food.
10. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
(a) Classifying the birds.
(b) Classifying the fish.
(c) Classifying the animals.
(d) Classifying the insects.
11. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
(a) Save Humanity.
(b) Save the House.
(c) Save the Family.
(d) Save the Environment.
12. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A ball.
(b) A rock.
(c) A knife.
(d) A lamp.
13. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
(a) The mammoth and the dog.
(b) The dinosaur and the mammoth.
(c) The dog and the horse.
(d) The horse and the dinosaur.
14. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
(a) An usher.
(b) Theater loudspeaker.
(c) The orchestra director.
(d) The stage manager.
15. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
(a) Because their children are sick.
(b) Because a doctor is always a good person to have.
(c) Because so many of their children had died.
(d) Because their whole family is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Antrobus' live?
2. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
3. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
4. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
5. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)