|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
(a) Human division.
(b) Inventor division.
(c) Learner division.
(d) Keeper division.
2. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The War.
(c) The Depression.
(d) The Earthquake.
3. What is the name of Mrs. Antrobus' other son?
4. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It is changed to new sets.
(b) It is darkened.
(c) It moves upwards.
(d) It disappears.
5. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
(a) Keep them warm.
(b) Light the fire.
(c) Cook over the fire.
(d) Open a message.
6. When Mr. Antrobus introduces the old women refugees, who does he say they are?
7. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
(c) The wheel.
(d) Multiplication tables.
8. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) The main point.
(b) Their virtue.
(c) The past.
(d) Their role.
9. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
(a) Helping her.
(b) Arresting her.
(c) Marrying her.
(d) Kidnapping her.
10. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
(a) The society.
(c) Judge Moses.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
11. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
(a) Sodom and Gomorrah.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Noah's Ark.
(d) Cain and Abel.
12. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
(a) Because it makes her look pretty.
(b) Because the boys like it.
(c) Because other girls do it.
(d) Because she wants to.
13. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
(a) The horse.
(b) The dinosaur.
(c) The dog.
(d) The mammoth.
14. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
15. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
2. Where is Act 2, Part 1 set?
3. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
5. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)