|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Connecticut.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
2. What word does the Fortune Teller use to describe the flooding rain that is in humanity's future?
(a) A sizeable.
(b) A downpour.
(c) A deluge.
(d) A laughable.
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
(a) Because Mr. Antrobus is mad at Henry.
(b) So Henry will have something to really remember the day.
(c) So Henry knows he loves him.
(d) Because Mr. Antrobus always hits Henry.
4. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
(a) The horse.
(b) The dinosaur.
(c) The dog.
(d) The mammoth.
5. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
(a) Sing to her just once.
(b) Look at her just once.
(c) Teach her something just once.
(d) Praise her just once.
6. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) The past.
(b) Their role.
(c) Their virtue.
(d) The main point.
7. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A dark blue pant suit.
(c) A jumper.
(d) A uniform.
8. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
9. What are the occupations of the old women who are refugees?
(a) Music teachers and artists.
(b) Writers and poets.
(c) Music teachers and writers.
(d) Artists and poets.
10. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
(b) Hot dogs.
11. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
12. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
13. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The compassion of humans.
(c) The selfishness of humans.
(d) The Antrobus'.
14. Why does Sabina ask the audience to pass things up for the fire?
(a) To save herself.
(b) To save the human race.
(c) To save the children.
(d) To save the Antrobus'.
15. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Sodom and Gomorrah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
2. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
3. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
4. While Homer sings a ballad, Moses recited from the Bible in what language?
5. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus to do to save them from the cold?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)