|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Happy being with her mother.
(b) Happy to be with her family.
(c) Scared to be left alone.
(d) Scared for her mother.
2. What kinds of fortunes does the Fortune Teller shout, apparently at random?
(a) Happy fortunes.
(b) Sad fortunes.
(c) Prosperous fortunes.
(d) Gloomy fortunes.
3. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
4. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
5. What does Sabina ask the audience to pass up for the fire?
(a) Their purses.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their chairs.
(d) Their clothing.
6. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees the man who spread the story about Mr. Antrobus wanting to be a fish?
(a) Drops her bag.
(b) Walk away.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Lose her temper.
7. Mrs. Antrobus says that she does not believe that sleeping with a window open is what?
8. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient America.
(c) Ancient China.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
9. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A rock.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ball.
(d) A lamp.
10. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
(a) Light the fire.
(b) Open a message.
(c) Cook over the fire.
(d) Keep them warm.
11. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The compassion of humans.
(b) The selfishness of humans.
(c) The Antrobus'.
(d) The refugees.
12. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
(a) Because Mr. Antrobus always hits Henry.
(b) So Henry knows he loves him.
(c) So Henry will have something to really remember the day.
(d) Because Mr. Antrobus is mad at Henry.
13. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says the reason that she took the part of Sabina was because she hadn't what?
(a) Been on stage in a while.
(b) Seen other people in a while.
(c) Been in costume for a long time.
(d) Worked in a long time.
14. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
(a) The elephant.
(b) The cow.
(c) The dinosaur.
(d) The mammoth.
15. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
2. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
3. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
4. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)