|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people speak during a monologue?
2. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) Noah's Ark.
(c) Cain and Abel.
(d) Sodom and Gomorrah.
3. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
(a) Open a message.
(b) Keep them warm.
(c) Cook over the fire.
(d) Light the fire.
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
(a) So Henry knows he loves him.
(b) Because Mr. Antrobus always hits Henry.
(c) So Henry will have something to really remember the day.
(d) Because Mr. Antrobus is mad at Henry.
5. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(a) A casino worker.
(c) The loudspeaker.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
6. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
7. Where does Mrs. Antrobus send the children so that she can talk to Mr. Antrobus alone?
(a) The playroom.
(b) Their rooms.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The study.
8. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
(a) A bright red C.
(b) A bright red L.
(c) A bright red M.
(d) A bright read S.
9. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Happy being with her mother.
(b) Scared for her mother.
(c) Scared to be left alone.
(d) Happy to be with her family.
10. What does Mrs. Antrobus quote while Henry quotes the multiplication tables?
(a) Biblical story or repentance.
(b) Biblical story of destruction.
(c) Biblical story of flood.
(d) Biblical story of creation.
11. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The light.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The theater.
12. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
13. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
14. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus to do to save them from the cold?
(a) Discover electric fire.
(b) Build a bigger fire.
(c) Invent something that warms everyone.
(d) Burn everything in the house.
15. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A locket.
(d) A pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus says that she does not believe that sleeping with a window open is what?
2. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
3. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
5. Before the Telegraph Boy can come into the house, Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus do what?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)