|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The Earthquake.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The War.
(d) The Depression.
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
3. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
(a) The first verses of the Bible.
(b) The first verses of "Amazing Grace."
(c) The first verses of some poetry.
(d) The first verses of the Illiad.
4. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The compassion of humans.
(c) The Antrobus'.
(d) The selfishness of humans.
5. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) Their role.
(b) The main point.
(c) The past.
(d) Their virtue.
6. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
(a) A bingo hall.
(b) A casino.
(c) A church building.
(d) A sports bar.
7. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A knife.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A rock.
(d) A ball.
8. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A locket.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A pocket watch.
9. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
(a) The theater.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The light.
10. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A desert.
(c) A wall of ice.
(d) A lot of sand.
11. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
(a) The society.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Judge Moses.
12. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
13. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) The loudspeaker.
(d) A casino worker.
14. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
15. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
(a) A dark blue pant suit.
(b) A uniform.
(c) A skirt.
(d) A jumper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
2. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
3. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
4. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says the reason that she took the part of Sabina was because she hadn't what?
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus quote while Henry quotes the multiplication tables?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)