|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe the song the Telegraph Boy sings?
2. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bathing suit.
(d) A mini skirt.
3. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Sabina's mother.
4. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus' birthday.
(b) The anniversary of their son's death.
(c) Sabina's birthday.
(d) The Antrobus' anniversary.
5. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) The main point.
(b) Their virtue.
(c) Their role.
(d) The past.
6. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
(a) The first verses of the Illiad.
(b) The first verses of some poetry.
(c) The first verses of "Amazing Grace."
(d) The first verses of the Bible.
7. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
8. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus to do to save them from the cold?
(a) Burn everything in the house.
(b) Discover electric fire.
(c) Build a bigger fire.
(d) Invent something that warms everyone.
9. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A locket.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A bracelet.
10. What are the occupations of the old women who are refugees?
(a) Writers and poets.
(b) Music teachers and artists.
(c) Artists and poets.
(d) Music teachers and writers.
11. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
12. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
(a) Save the Environment.
(b) Save the House.
(c) Save Humanity.
(d) Save the Family.
13. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
(a) Classifying the fish.
(b) Classifying the birds.
(c) Classifying the insects.
(d) Classifying the animals.
14. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
15. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The War.
(d) The Earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
2. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
3. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees the man who spread the story about Mr. Antrobus wanting to be a fish?
4. What role does Sabina play in the Antrobus household?
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)