|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
2. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) Their role.
(b) The past.
(c) The main point.
(d) Their virtue.
3. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
(a) The horse.
(b) The mammoth.
(c) The dinosaur.
(d) The dog.
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
(a) Mrs. Antrobus.
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
5. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
(a) Stand insanity only so long.
(b) Stand his children only so long.
(c) Stand other people only so long.
(d) Stand a family only so long.
6. What does Sabina ask the audience to pass up for the fire?
(a) Their chairs.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their purses.
7. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared for her mother.
(b) Scared to be left alone.
(c) Happy to be with her family.
(d) Happy being with her mother.
8. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
(a) Law historian.
(b) Law breaker.
(d) Law writer.
9. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says the reason that she took the part of Sabina was because she hadn't what?
(a) Been in costume for a long time.
(b) Been on stage in a while.
(c) Worked in a long time.
(d) Seen other people in a while.
10. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Connecticut.
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
11. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
12. What musical instrument does Homer carry?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A flute.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A lute.
13. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(a) The inventions his father has created.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The times tables.
14. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(a) A dress.
(b) A bathing suit.
(d) A mini skirt.
15. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
(a) Cook over the fire.
(b) Light the fire.
(c) Open a message.
(d) Keep them warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
2. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
4. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
5. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)