|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
(a) A bee.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dolphin.
2. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
(a) The onion.
(b) The lima bean.
(c) The potato.
(d) The tomato.
3. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(b) A casino worker.
(c) The loudspeaker.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
4. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Sabina's mother.
5. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(a) The times tables.
(b) The inventions his father has created.
(d) The Constitution.
6. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
(a) Stand other people only so long.
(b) Stand a family only so long.
(c) Stand insanity only so long.
(d) Stand his children only so long.
7. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Fried food.
8. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
(a) Teach her something just once.
(b) Sing to her just once.
(c) Look at her just once.
(d) Praise her just once.
9. When Mr. Antrobus introduces the old women refugees, who does he say they are?
10. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
11. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
(a) Theater loudspeaker.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) An usher.
(d) The orchestra director.
12. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
(a) A reporter.
(b) Her children.
(c) A historian.
(d) A member of the society.
13. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(b) A mini skirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) A bathing suit.
14. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) The society.
(d) Judge Moses.
15. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared to be left alone.
(b) Scared for her mother.
(c) Happy to be with her family.
(d) Happy being with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people speak during a monologue?
2. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
3. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
4. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)