|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(a) The loudspeaker.
(b) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) A casino worker.
2. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A dark blue pant suit.
(c) A uniform.
(d) A jumper.
3. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) 5,000 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
5. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared for her mother.
(b) Scared to be left alone.
(c) Happy being with her mother.
(d) Happy to be with her family.
6. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
(a) Praise her just once.
(b) Sing to her just once.
(c) Teach her something just once.
(d) Look at her just once.
7. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
8. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
(a) Classifying the animals.
(b) Classifying the insects.
(c) Classifying the birds.
(d) Classifying the fish.
9. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
10. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
(b) Hot water.
11. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(a) A mini skirt.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A dress.
12. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New York.
(b) New Connecticut.
(c) New Hampshire.
(d) New Jersey.
13. Why does Sabina ask the audience to pass things up for the fire?
(a) To save the children.
(b) To save herself.
(c) To save the Antrobus'.
(d) To save the human race.
14. What musical instrument does Homer carry?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A flute.
(c) A banjo.
(d) A lute.
15. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A lot of sand.
(c) A desert.
(d) A wall of ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
2. What are the occupations of the old women who are refugees?
3. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
4. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
5. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)