|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
(a) Keeper division.
(b) Inventor division.
(c) Learner division.
(d) Human division.
2. While Homer sings a ballad, Moses recited from the Bible in what language?
(a) Ancient Greek.
(b) Ancient Arameic.
(c) Ancient Latin.
(d) Ancient Hebrew.
3. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
(b) Hot dogs.
4. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
(a) Stand other people only so long.
(b) Stand his children only so long.
(c) Stand a family only so long.
(d) Stand insanity only so long.
5. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
(a) Law writer.
(c) Law breaker.
(d) Law historian.
6. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
(a) Ancient Egypt.
(b) Ancient China.
(c) Ancient America.
(d) Ancient Greece.
7. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees the man who spread the story about Mr. Antrobus wanting to be a fish?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Lose her temper.
(c) Walk away.
(d) Drops her bag.
8. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
(a) The horse and the dinosaur.
(b) The dog and the horse.
(c) The mammoth and the dog.
(d) The dinosaur and the mammoth.
9. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
(a) A wall of ice.
(b) A tidal wave.
(c) A lot of sand.
(d) A desert.
10. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
(a) Save the Family.
(b) Save the House.
(c) Save the Environment.
(d) Save Humanity.
11. How many people speak during a monologue?
12. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It is changed to new sets.
(b) It is darkened.
(c) It moves upwards.
(d) It disappears.
13. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
(c) Sabina's mother.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
14. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(a) The loudspeaker.
(b) A casino worker.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
15. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
(a) Open a message.
(b) Cook over the fire.
(c) Light the fire.
(d) Keep them warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
2. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
3. What are the occupations of the old women who are refugees?
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
5. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)