|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
(a) Too dangerous.
(b) Too cold.
(c) Too dark.
(d) Too sad.
2. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
(a) Save Humanity.
(b) Save the Family.
(c) Save the Environment.
(d) Save the House.
3. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
(a) The horse and the dinosaur.
(b) The mammoth and the dog.
(c) The dog and the horse.
(d) The dinosaur and the mammoth.
4. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared to be left alone.
(b) Scared for her mother.
(c) Happy to be with her family.
(d) Happy being with her mother.
5. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
(a) The horse.
(b) The mammoth.
(c) The dog.
(d) The dinosaur.
6. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
(a) Human division.
(b) Keeper division.
(c) Learner division.
(d) Inventor division.
7. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says the reason that she took the part of Sabina was because she hadn't what?
(a) Seen other people in a while.
(b) Been in costume for a long time.
(c) Been on stage in a while.
(d) Worked in a long time.
8. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
(a) A bingo hall.
(b) A church building.
(c) A sports bar.
(d) A casino.
9. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
(a) The jacket.
(b) The pot.
(c) The shoe.
(d) The apron.
10. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dolphin.
(c) A bee.
(d) A bird.
11. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
12. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
(a) Noah's Ark.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Sodom and Gomorrah.
(d) Cain and Abel.
13. What musical instrument does Homer carry?
(a) A banjo.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A flute.
(d) A lute.
14. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(b) The times tables.
(c) The inventions his father has created.
(d) The Constitution.
15. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New Connecticut.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
2. Mr. Antrobus, when he is elected president of the international society of mammals, gives a speech celebrating the extinction of what?
3. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
4. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)