|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A ball.
(d) A lamp.
2. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
(a) Stand his children only so long.
(b) Stand other people only so long.
(c) Stand insanity only so long.
(d) Stand a family only so long.
3. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
4. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
(a) Hot water.
5. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
(a) The potato.
(b) The tomato.
(c) The onion.
(d) The lima bean.
6. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A member of the society.
(c) A historian.
(d) Her children.
7. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It is changed to new sets.
(b) It moves upwards.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It is darkened.
8. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The Ice Age.
(b) The Earthquake.
(c) The Depression.
(d) The War.
9. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(b) Fried food.
(c) Ice cream.
10. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
(a) Classifying the birds.
(b) Classifying the animals.
(c) Classifying the insects.
(d) Classifying the fish.
11. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) Their role.
(b) Their virtue.
(c) The past.
(d) The main point.
12. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The times tables.
(d) The inventions his father has created.
13. How many old women are among the crowd of refugees at the Antrobus'?
14. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
(a) An usher.
(b) The orchestra director.
(c) Theater loudspeaker.
(d) The stage manager.
15. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The refugees.
(b) The Antrobus'.
(c) The compassion of humans.
(d) The selfishness of humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
2. Mr. Antrobus, when he is elected president of the international society of mammals, gives a speech celebrating the extinction of what?
3. Where does Mrs. Antrobus send the children so that she can talk to Mr. Antrobus alone?
4. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
5. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)