|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
(a) The orchestra director.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) An usher.
(d) Theater loudspeaker.
2. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
3. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
(a) A tidal wave.
(b) A desert.
(c) A lot of sand.
(d) A wall of ice.
4. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It moves upwards.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It is darkened.
(d) It is changed to new sets.
5. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
(a) The car.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The stove.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
3. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
4. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
5. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)