|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen Cherry do with the spoon when she takes her out of the drawer?
(a) Put her in her pocket.
(b) Paint her.
(c) The eye game.
(d) Spoon jelly.
2. How do the objects manage to escape the church?
(a) They get Buddy to unlock the door.
(b) They create a noisy commotion.
(c) They start a fire.
(d) They get Ellen Cherry to get them.
3. Who does spoon hit when she falls out of the window of Ellen Cherry's apartment?
(d) Ellen Cherry.
4. Who does Ellen Cherry decide to sleep with around Christmas time?
5. Which objects are picked up by Buddy in the Seventh Veil?
(a) Can 'o Beans and Spoon.
(b) Dirty Sock and Conch Shell.
(c) Conch Shell and Painted Stick.
(d) Painted Stick and Spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the catch in the belly dancer's assent to perform the Dance of the Seven Veils?
2. Who does Painted Stick strike?
3. How does Painted Stick move quickly?
4. What human emotion does Can 'o Beans say both Carols and Rap are rooted in?
5. What season is it when Salome joins the band at the I & I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellen Cherry's feelings for Buddy after he tells her why he wants to destroy the Dome of Rock.
2. How can we interpret the fact that the ancient Salome performs the Dance of the Seven Veils in exchange for John the Baptiste's head and the modern Salome performs it because of Ellen Cherry's painting?
3. Explain the final revelation evoked by The Dance of the Seven Veils.
4. Describe the appeal of the belly dancer, Salome, to the male audience.
5. Robbins says that Conch Shell plays a major role in encouraging Painted Stick to venture out and find the ocean, but all she does is look out the window. In what way do you think she provides encouragement to Painted Stick?
6. Ellen Cherry is clearly upset by the disappearance of Spoon. Explain how you think she feels.
7. Patsy tells Ellen Cherry that it seems like Boomer loves her but doesn't like her, while he likes but doesn't love Ultima. Does this seem like a true representation of Boomer's feelings, based on what you know about him so far?
8. Describe the group of objects in Ellen Cherry's underwear drawer.
9. What is the effect of the high definition TV that Spike gave to the I & I?
10. Describe what happens to Ellen Cherry when she plays the eye game looking at Spoon.
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)