|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting does Buddy accidentally uncover in Ellen Cherry's apartment?
(a) A nude Boomer with a thousand tongues.
(b) Spoon in a bowl of jelly.
(c) The objects on a carousel.
(d) A nude Boomer under a purple elephant.
2. Where does the detective deposit Spoon after leaving the I & I?
(a) He takes it home with him.
(b) With Ellen Cherry.
(c) He leaves it on the table at the I & I.
(d) In the trash.
3. What does Ellen Cherry do with her paintings of the objects?
(a) She sells them to Ultima.
(b) She paints over them with white paint.
(c) She gives them to Turn Around Norman.
(d) She burns them.
4. What is the other element in Boomer's sculpture?
(a) A geneology of Astarte.
(b) An ancient map of Palestine.
(c) Painted Stick and Conch Shell.
(d) Ellen Cherry.
5. How does Painted Stick move quickly?
(a) He spins from end to end like a wheel.
(b) He rolls longways.
(c) He vibrates so rapidly that he is propelled almost above the ground.
(d) He hops as if on one leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen Cherry agree to do that pleases Spike while he's visiting her apartment?
2. What shift is Ellen Cherry mostly working around Christmas time?
3. Who convinces Buddy to give up his plans to blow up the Dome of the Rock?
4. What part of the belly dancer's body represents the first veil that is removed in her Dance of the Seven Veils?
5. Which objects are picked up by Buddy in the Seventh Veil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there a reason why Dirty Sock is the only object left behind when the objects escape and never makes it to Jerusalem?
2. What is the effect of the high definition TV that Spike gave to the I & I?
3. What is Uncle Buddy's reasoning for attempting to blow up the Dome of the Rock?
4. Describe the statue Boomer is making in Jerusalem and comment on its significance.
5. Ellen Cherry is clearly upset by the disappearance of Spoon. Explain how you think she feels.
6. Explain the final revelation evoked by The Dance of the Seven Veils.
7. Why does Patsy's question concerning second marriage bother Buddy?
8. Is there symbolic significance in the event when Ellen Cherry, having determined to paint again, goes looking for Turn Around Norman and finds Buddy instead?
9. Why do you think that Robbins ends the novel with Spoon?
10. Describe the group of objects in Ellen Cherry's underwear drawer.
This section contains 1,503 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)