|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mick ask Murdock before he dies?
2. Why does Christine purchase a nautical chart of South Biscayne Bay?
3. Who thinks that a Scarab thirty-eight is key to killing Mick?
4. What are the gangs arguing about in Chapter 21, when Dr. Graveline is talking with Chemo?
5. At Old Rhodes Key, why does Mick insist that Christine take a walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dr. Graveline visits Chemo at the night club, in Chapter 21?
2. What happens during Maggie and Chemo's flight from New York to Miami?
3. What do Murdock and Salazar do when they find Old Rhodes Key?
4. How does Mick make amends with Victoria's parents?
5. How does Mr. Nordstrom attack Kipper?
6. What progress does Al Garcia make in the Chloe case in Chapter 22?
7. What happens to Chemo at the end of Chapter 34?
8. What does Willie do when he is given his own television show?
9. What happens when Chemo and Maggie confront Dr. Graveline about the videotape Maggie made in New York?
10. What happens when Reynaldo gets his plastic surgery from Dr. Graveline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore death as a theme in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's commentary on vanity? Be sure to use specific details to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Examine two or three relationships in this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the reason for the relationship, what the relationship achieves, and its overall value.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)