|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Old Rhodes Key, why does Mick insist that Christine take a walk?
2. Why does Christine purchase a nautical chart of South Biscayne Bay?
3. Where does Mick leave a note inviting Maggie and Chemo to a party at his house?
4. Why does Chemo throw his gun in the water when he meets Mick to discuss ransom?
5. What does Christine do before Mick says he might love her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chemo at the end of Chapter 34?
2. What happens to Maggie at the Dade County Stockade?
3. What happens during Maggie and Chemo's flight from New York to Miami?
4. How does Mick avoid being arrested by Murdock and Salazar in Old Rhodes Key?
5. How do Murdock and Salazar figure out where Mick is hiding out in Chapter 22?
6. What happens when Chemo and Maggie confront Dr. Graveline about the videotape Maggie made in New York?
7. How does Dr. Graveline avoid paying the money he owes to the commission?
8. How do Maggie and Chemo plan to get Maggie's tape back from Mick?
9. Why does Reynaldo decide to set an appointment with Dr. Graveline in Chapter 19?
10. How does Mr. Nordstrom attack Kipper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of dialogue to move the plot forward in contrast to scenes of description. Is this technique effective?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the use of water as a symbol throughout "Skin Tight". What does it represent? How does the author take advantage of this symbol?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of Miami as a setting in "Skin Tight". What does this setting represent? How does it become a character? How is it contrasted against other settings in the novel?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)