|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime led to Chemo's sentencing?
2. Who is Mick looking for when he interrupts Reynaldo with a woman in Chapter 27?
3. After Murdock dies, where does Christine want to go?
4. How does Mick sign the letter to Victoria's parents?
5. Why does Kipper sell his practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Chemo and Maggie confront Dr. Graveline about the videotape Maggie made in New York?
2. What progress does Al Garcia make in the Chloe case in Chapter 22?
3. How does Willie act during Reynaldo's plastic surgery?
4. What worries Dr. Graveline about doing surgery on Heather Chappell?
5. What happens when Dr. Graveline visits Chemo at the night club, in Chapter 21?
6. Why does Reynaldo decide to set an appointment with Dr. Graveline in Chapter 19?
7. How do Maggie and Chemo plan to get Maggie's tape back from Mick?
8. What happens to Chemo at the end of Chapter 34?
9. What happens when Mick decides to operate on Dr. Graveline?
10. How does Mr. Nordstrom attack Kipper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use flashbacks to develop the characters and plot in this novel? Is this technique successful?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of dialogue to move the plot forward in contrast to scenes of description. Is this technique effective?
Essay Topic 3
Examine two or three relationships in this novel and compare and contrast them. Consider the reason for the relationship, what the relationship achieves, and its overall value.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)