|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde believes that there is a trend in America in which radical ________ is attempted by using the same tools.
2. In the story of La Llorona, the mother ___________ in retaliation for her husband's infidelity, as well as doing the same to his mother.
(a) Drowns her own children.
(b) Murders her sister.
(c) Murders her husband's father.
(d) Kills herself.
3. Where was Audre Lorde when she learned that Martin Luther King had been killed?
(b) On a walk through town.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
4. According to Audre Lorde, the __________ that black women feel begins to become most important as it is the most powerful.
5. Who commissioned the conversation between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich as it happens in this chapter?
(a) Marilyn Hacker.
(b) Mary Daly.
(c) Richard Staples.
(d) Joseph Moyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conference at which Audre Lorde is talking discusses specifically the women who have a problem with the __________ of black women.
2. Bonding between ___________ is seen as threatening to those in patriarchal society, according to Audre Lorde.
3. _________, Audre Lorde says, is needed to work toward change, though it does not need to include violence.
4. Audre Lorde just wants her son to grow up to be who ____________, not to be just like her.
5. Malcolm X got closer to understanding the complexities of ____________ than any other person that Audre Lorde observed.
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of time does Audre Lorde believe that black women have been born into, which makes things more difficult?
2. Why might black women might not be able to love each other, according to Audre Lorde?
3. What does Audre Lorde criticize when it comes to her placement on the panel at the Second Sex Conference?
4. For what book was the conversation between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich written out for?
5. What does Audre Lorde accuse white women of ignoring when it comes to the feminist movement?
6. What is the most important gift, Audre Lorde says, that she has given her children as a mother?
7. What is the caveat that Audre Lorde makes at the start of the essay about her relationship with her son?
8. What is one of the most often unrecognized differences, according to Audre Lorde, between white and black women?
9. What happens, according to Audre Lorde, when it comes to the differences between people?
10. What does Audre Lorde feel makes guilt useless in society and in the fight for rights, according to this essay?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)