|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea of a __________ is a tool which actively serves to separate the young from the old, according to Audre Lorde.
(a) Generation gap.
(b) Glass ceiling.
(c) Time warp.
(d) Class system.
2. Audre Lorde just wants her son to grow up to be who ____________, not to be just like her.
(a) She wants him to be.
(b) His sister wants him to be.
(c) He wants to be.
(d) Others want him to be.
3. The conference at which Audre Lorde is talking discusses specifically the women who have a problem with the __________ of black women.
4. In what state is Audre Lorde invited to become a poet-in-residence as well as a teacher for students?
5. Audre Lorde says that she has spent her life learning to express her own ________ rather than trying to suppress it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde talks about how ___________ favored her lighter skinned sisters over her during her life.
2. Audre Lorde admits that she does not always know the meaning of her ___________ when she creates them.
3. Audre Lorde believes that the revelation that she too has __________________ is something which will help her son cope.
4. _________ is a tool which can be used constructively during a moment of frustration, according to Audre Lorde.
5. Some white women, according to Audre Lorde, restrict themselves to the __________ community and this angers Lorde.
Short Essay Questions
1. For what book was the conversation between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich written out for?
2. What is the unique set of challenges Audre Lorde feels she faces as a black feminist raising a son?
3. What are the three terms which Audre Lorde seeks to differentiate within this essay?
4. Why might black women might not be able to love each other, according to Audre Lorde?
5. What does Audre Lorde believe to be a potentially useful force when it comes to racism and fighting against it?
6. What did Audre Lorde's mother used to do when she could not find a word for the meaning that she wanted to convey?
7. What is the piece of advice that Audre Lorde almost gives to her son after a series of bullying?
8. What did Audre Lorde's mother favor in terms of her daughters, treating some daughters better than others, in Lorde's opinion?
9. What is the mistake of the 1960s that Audre Lorde feels society and future movements need to learn from?
10. What is one of the most often unrecognized differences, according to Audre Lorde, between white and black women?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)