|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uses of Anger: Women Responding to Racism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde believes that poetry is able to express ____________ , which are then a direct link back to the ancient society.
(a) Love qualities.
2. By recognizing __________, Audre Lorde believes that it is possible to begin to move past them.
(a) Mankind's flaws.
(c) Women's rights.
3. The Great American Double Think is a symptom of the __________ thought processes, according to Audre Lorde.
(a) Tired male.
(b) White male centric.
(c) Lazy black male.
(d) Black male centric.
4. Audre Lorde feels that the ________ is incomplete without a discussion of the differences between women.
(a) Feminist theory.
(d) Lesbian movement.
5. Audre Lorde sees that even the very idea that women are coming together against __________ is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde believes that many women would rather group all women into a ___________ than to look at differences.
2. What is the name of Audre Lorde's daughter, as she is mentioned in the book at this point?
3. Audre Lorde defines the erotic as both spiritual and ___________ and as a source of power in the world.
4. Audre Lorde sees poetry as the formation of ______________, rather than helping to express what's already there.
5. In what state is Audre Lorde invited to become a poet-in-residence as well as a teacher for students?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)