|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sexism: An American Disease in Blackface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ills of life which poetry serves to cure, acting as an antidote to these ills, according to Audre Lorde?
(a) Unhealthy focus on profit.
(b) Environmental destruction.
(c) Institutional dehumanization.
(d) Linear power.
2. Within the _________ community, according to Audre Lorde, members have learned to distrust each other.
3. Audre Lorde sees ____________ as a group that is very visible as 'different' but also invisible as second class citizens.
(a) Black women.
(c) White women.
(d) Black children.
4. Where was the response by Audre Lorde first published for others to read as a response to another article?
(a) The Black Scholar.
5. In dreams that Audre Lorde has after her trip to Russia, she begins to believe that Russia became a mythic representation of that ___________ does not yet exist anywhere she has been.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde accuses the author of the article of attacking the black feminists under the guise of trying to __________ with them.
2. The _______ that the black men manifest toward black women would, according to Audre Lorde, be more effective as a force for greater change.
3. Audre Lorde defines the erotic as both spiritual and ___________ and as a source of power in the world.
4. American society, according to Audre Lorde, defines human __________ in a limited way, without concern for the emotions.
5. Erotic provides the ___________ of sharing an experience with another, according to Audre Lorde.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)