|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is is important for Kaptah and Sinuhe to get aboard the ship that is leaving Crete after the death of Minea?
(a) It sails directly to Egypt.
(b) It is the last ship to sail before winter.
(c) It is a ship blessed by the god Aton.
(d) Horemheb is on the ship.
2. What do people say about Nefertiti?
(a) That she thinks only of her clothes and her indecent fashions.
(b) That she is not faithful to the pharaoh.
(c) That she is not as beautiful in person as people say.
(d) The she is the pharaoh's real sister.
3. What is the one thing that Sinuhe cannot give away in his negotiations with King Aziru?
4. What does Horemheb want his men to shoot at as the attacking forces draw near?
(a) The guards.
(b) The horses.
(c) The chariots.
(d) The men.
5. When Sinuhe walks to the pharaoh's temple upon his return to Egypt, what does he find?
(a) Former slaves dresses beautifully walking to near the palace.
(b) Many to temples to Ammon.
(c) The streets so full of life with lots of people about.
(d) A new temple to Aton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does MInea dance in the competition once she reaches Crete?
2. What do the bathrooms have in Crete?
3. What do the Hitites use spears and flags for in the holy war?
4. When Horemheb and Eie strike a deal to co-rule the country, what does Horemheb want as part of the deal?
5. Why does Pepitamon grow weary of the warrior's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sinuhe, Minea, and Kaptah arrive in Crete, what does Sinuhe notice about their idea of death?
2. How does Horemheb get control over the city after Pepitaton has caused such chaos?
3. Who forms an odd alliance to overthrow Pharaoh Akhnaton? Why is this an odd alliance?
4. When Sinuhe begins to practice again in Thebes, he finds he is making no money, but is happy. Why is this? What has changed in his attitude? Who does he want to become in his life?
5. Why does Sinuhe believe he sees the full brutality of man to fellow man during the holy war?
6. What other spies had Horemheb sent to Syria? How did they travel and hide themselves? Under what guise did they travel? Do you think they were able to gather more or less information than Sinuhe because he was able to travel as a doctor?
7. On the third day of the battle with the Hittites in the holy war, what happens when Horemheb is no longer content with defense?
8. Why does Sinuhe believe that his revenge against Nefernefernefer is childish? What happens to her? Is this a surprise to Sinuhe? Why? Why not?
9. What does the Pharaoh Akhnaton believe he should do about the situation in Egypt once he is informed by Eie and Horemheb? After an evening of thinking what is his answer to the problems in the country? Why is this his decision?
10. When Kaptah and Sinuhe find the droppings from a large animal, what does this indicate will happen as they work through the labyrinth? What will they find?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)