|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinuhe insist of King Aziru after he is greeted in the desert?
(a) That he is allowed to change out of the robes.
(b) That he return the gifts.
(c) That the man who jabbed his behind is flogged.
(d) That he is given a chariot to ride.
2. When Horemheb faces the Hittites the first time in the holy war, what will happen if the Hittites defeat Horemheb's troops?
(a) They will be able to get to the sea.
(b) They will win the war entirely.
(c) They will be able to attack Babylon.
(d) They will be able to attack Egypt.
3. How do the women of Crete wear their hair?
(a) Flat to their heads with lots of oils.
(b) Cut like a boys.
(c) High on their head with small hats.
(d) Curly and short.
4. Why is is important for Kaptah and Sinuhe to get aboard the ship that is leaving Crete after the death of Minea?
(a) Horemheb is on the ship.
(b) It sails directly to Egypt.
(c) It is the last ship to sail before winter.
(d) It is a ship blessed by the god Aton.
5. What happens to the land of Mitanni in the end?
(a) They are invaded and wiped out by the Hittites.
(b) It is absorbed into Babylon.
(c) It thrives after the Hittites invade.
(d) It conquers the Hittites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they dress Minea in just before she enters the copper gates?
2. Who is Minea related to?
3. What does Kaptah negotiate with Horemheb to win back his wealth after the holy war?
4. What does Merit tell Sinuhe happened to the mother of Thoth?
5. What does Aziru's son do when his father is attacked by assassins?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kaptah and Sinuhe find the droppings from a large animal, what does this indicate will happen as they work through the labyrinth? What will they find?
2. How does Horemheb get control over the city after Pepitaton has caused such chaos?
3. Which daughter does the Pharaoh Akhnaton favor and why?
4. Why does Sinuhe tell Horemheb that Princess Baketaton asked after him at her mother's deathbed when she did not seem really taken with Horemheb? Do you think Sinuhe believes that there is an attraction there? Or is he flattering Horemheb to get what he wants?
5. When Sinuhe begins to practice again in Thebes, he finds he is making no money, but is happy. Why is this? What has changed in his attitude? Who does he want to become in his life?
6. At the end of Book 14, Sinuhe says that the destiny of Egypt hangs on a woman's whim. Who do you think he is referring to and why?
7. How does Horemheb react when he discovers that the priests are using human sacrifices after the death of Akhnaton? How does Sinuhe react?
8. Upon returning to Egypt, what does Sinuhe find in the new artwork displayed in the city? Why is it so shocking? What has changed? Why is this significant to the story? Who does this threaten?
9. Does Sinuhe believe Pharaoh Ahknaton to be mad? Does he believe his madness? When he says "something in me has matured to receive his message" what does he mean?
10. What does the Pharaoh Akhnaton believe he should do about the situation in Egypt once he is informed by Eie and Horemheb? After an evening of thinking what is his answer to the problems in the country? Why is this his decision?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)