|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Amenhotep in the desert with Sinuhe?
(a) He cries.
(b) He steals from a crypt.
(c) He has a seizure.
(d) He gets drunk.
2. When does Minea know that she must return to the land of Crete?
(a) When she dances with with bulls.
(b) When she hears the sea gods calling.
(c) When she falls in love with Sinuhe.
(d) When she sees a ship from Crete.
3. What is significant about the slave that Sinuhe buys?
(a) He speaks Greek.
(b) He knows Sinuhe's father.
(c) He is quite bright.
(d) He has one eye.
4. What happens in the city of Thebes when the pharaoh dies?
(a) The temple is open for prayer and drinking.
(b) All the shops are closed.
(c) The bars are all open and active.
(d) The river runs red.
5. When Sinuhe admits to the priest that the god Ammon did not speak to him, what do the priests and his classmates do?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) Sinuhe flunks his year of study and must repeat it.
(c) They kick him out of class.
(d) Sinuhe is shipped down the Nile.
6. Why does the new pharaoh bother Horemheb?
(a) The pharaoh thinks deeply and talks of a new god.
(b) The pharaoh wants to go to war.
(c) The pharaoh writes poetry that he wants Horemheb to memorize.
(d) The pharaoh wants Horemheb to stay with him all the time.
7. Who is Sinuhe's first teacher, hired by his father?
8. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
(b) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(c) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
(d) He is not able to help the slave.
9. Why is the day of Sinuhe's birth unknown?
(a) He came drifting down the Nile in a little reed boat.
(b) He came out of the woods.
(c) He came from Smyrna.
(d) He was given to his parents as a gift.
10. What illnesses do the Syrian merchants suffer from?
(a) Sleep disorders.
(c) Breathlessness and stomach troubles.
(d) Brain diseases.
11. How does Horemheb make money on his men after he give them their rewards?
(a) He taxes the merchants where they will spend their booty.
(b) He has them followed and steals from them.
(c) He convinces them to invest in his companies.
(d) He charges for food and beds.
12. What gift does Nefernefernefer give to Sinuhe when they first meet?
(a) The cross of life.
(b) A piece of gold.
(c) A ring.
(d) A precious stone.
13. When the god Ammon statue talks to Sinuhe, whose voice does Sinuhe hear?
(a) Another student.
(b) The priest.
14. In the land of the Hittites, how are the people ruled?
(a) By kings in each small region.
(b) By the pharaoh from Egypt.
(c) By princes whose power over them is absolute.
(d) They are self-governed.
15. What shape is the god of the new pharaoh?
(a) Oval, like the sun rising.
(b) Round, like the sun's disk.
(d) Triangle like the pyramids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Ptahor send to Kipa the day after he leaves her house?
2. When Minea wakes on the boat after her escape from Babylon, why is she angry at Sinuhe?
3. How many days does Sinuhe serve in the House of Death?
4. What kind of seal does Sinuhe have made for himself in Smyrna?
5. What, according to the prince, Amenhotep, is an abomination to Aton?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)