|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Minea know that she must return to the land of Crete?
(a) When she sees a ship from Crete.
(b) When she falls in love with Sinuhe.
(c) When she hears the sea gods calling.
(d) When she dances with with bulls.
2. What, according to the prince, Amenhotep, is an abomination to Aton?
(b) His son.
(c) The Nile.
3. When the prince is crowned, what does he decree?
(a) That slaves will be given new jobs.
(b) That the town of Thebes will have no more liquor.
(c) That all children will be able to read.
(d) That the slaves are freed from the mines.
4. How are the children of Mitanni described by Sinuhe?
(a) Like angels.
(b) Like cherubs.
(c) Not very pretty.
(d) Like dolls.
5. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
(b) He is not able to help the slave.
(c) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(d) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
6. Why is the day of Sinuhe's birth unknown?
(a) He came from Smyrna.
(b) He was given to his parents as a gift.
(c) He came drifting down the Nile in a little reed boat.
(d) He came out of the woods.
7. What is significant about the slave that Sinuhe buys?
(a) He has one eye.
(b) He is quite bright.
(c) He speaks Greek.
(d) He knows Sinuhe's father.
8. What animal do the people of Babylon have that Sinuhe has never seen before?
(a) A camel.
(b) A hen.
(c) A bull.
(d) A horse.
9. How do the Syrian wives dress?
(a) Very little clothing.
(b) They always wear decorative hats.
(c) They are covered from head to foot.
(d) Brightly colored fabrics.
10. When Sinuhe opens a man's skull in Mitanni, what does he find?
(a) A tumor.
(c) Splinters in his brain.
11. How long does it take Sinuhe to pass his examination to enter the House of Life?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
12. Where does Sinuhe bury his parents?
(a) In the desert.
(b) Near the entrance of a royal tomb.
(c) In a pauper's cemetary.
(d) Near the temple of Ammon.
13. What present does Ptahor send to Kipa the day after he leaves her house?
(a) A necklace of pearls.
(b) A thank-you note.
(c) A sacred scarab carved from a precious stone.
(d) A precious ring.
14. How many days does Sinuhe serve in the House of Death?
15. Who is Sinuhe's first teacher, hired by his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone know about the opening of the pharaoh's skull?
2. What happens to the false king at the end of the Day of the False King?
3. What is on the roof at the inn where Sinuhe stays in Babylon?
4. How is life different for a physician in Syria compared to Egypt?
5. What does Horemheb want Sinuhe to do for him after the battle with the Khabiri?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)