|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the slave that Sinuhe buys?
(a) He knows Sinuhe's father.
(b) He speaks Greek.
(c) He is quite bright.
(d) He has one eye.
2. How does Horemheb make money on his men after he give them their rewards?
(a) He taxes the merchants where they will spend their booty.
(b) He has them followed and steals from them.
(c) He convinces them to invest in his companies.
(d) He charges for food and beds.
3. When the prince is crowned, what does he decree?
(a) That all children will be able to read.
(b) That the town of Thebes will have no more liquor.
(c) That slaves will be given new jobs.
(d) That the slaves are freed from the mines.
4. What does Sinuhe transport Kaptah in to get him to the boat to escape Babylon?
(a) He dresses him like a woman.
(b) Hidden in a barrel.
(c) In a large earthenware jar.
(d) Rolled in a mat.
5. What happens to the false king at the end of the Day of the False King?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He co-rules the country.
(c) He remains king.
(d) He becomes a servant.
6. What is on the roof at the inn where Sinuhe stays in Babylon?
(a) Terra cotta covers.
(b) A statue to Aton.
(c) Beautiful gardens.
7. What kind of seal does Sinuhe have made for himself in Smyrna?
(a) A diamond-shaped seal.
(b) A cyllinder-shaped seal.
(c) A round seal.
(d) A seal made from a ruby.
8. What does Sinuhe do with the gift from Nefernefernefer?
(a) He gives it to his mother.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He has his name engraved in the stone.
(d) He returns it to her.
9. In the House of Death what is the job of Ramose?
(a) To remove the brain.
(b) To study the brain.
(c) To embalm the body.
(d) To weigh the heart.
10. How long does it take Sinuhe to pass his examination to enter the House of Life?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
11. What god does the young heir call upon to bless his father at the opening of his skull?
(a) The god Ammon.
(b) The god Horus.
(c) The god Moses.
(d) The god Aton.
12. The morning after Sinuhe and Minea have slept on the boat escaping from Babylon, what is the noise they hear?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) Kaptah beating on the inside of the jar.
(c) The men working.
(d) The slaves on the land.
13. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
(b) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(c) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
(d) He is not able to help the slave.
14. Who becomes the wife to the new pharaoh?
(b) Nefertiti, the daughter of Eie.
(c) Queen Taia.
15. What does Sinuhe do with his gold before he travels on a ship to Smyrna?
(a) He gives the money to the captain.
(b) He trades it for goods for his travels.
(c) Exchanges it for clay tablets.
(d) He gives it to Kaptah to buy supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Sinuhe serve in the House of Death?
2. What trick does Sinuhe perform for the young king of Babylon?
3. What happens in the city of Thebes when the pharaoh dies?
4. In the land of the Hittites, how are the people ruled?
5. Who is Horemheb in love with?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)