|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sinuhe to pass his examination to enter the House of Life?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
2. When Sinuhe finds his old friend Thothmes, what is he doing for a living?
(a) Making picture books for rich men's children.
(b) Working for Semnut, Sinuhe's father.
(c) Painting in the royal court.
(d) Working for Nefernefernefer.
3. When the prince is crowned, what does he decree?
(a) That all children will be able to read.
(b) That the town of Thebes will have no more liquor.
(c) That the slaves are freed from the mines.
(d) That slaves will be given new jobs.
4. What talent does Thothmes have?
(a) He can sing.
(b) He writes music.
(c) He can read.
(d) He can draw and sculpt.
5. What present does Ptahor send to Kipa the day after he leaves her house?
(a) A necklace of pearls.
(b) A precious ring.
(c) A thank-you note.
(d) A sacred scarab carved from a precious stone.
6. To get off the boat, what does Kaptah suggest he, Sinuhe, and Minea pretend to be?
(b) A company of performers.
(c) A group of doctors.
7. Who is in the pharaoh's bedroom when Ptahor and Sinuhe arrive to open the skull?
(a) The royal consort Taia, Amenhotep, and Baketamon.
(b) The royal consort Taia only.
(c) The priest Eie.
(d) Amenhotel, the heir only.
8. Why will Minea not board the second vessel bound for Crete from Hatti?
(a) The master of the vessel stared at her.
(b) The vessel is cursed.
(c) The vessel looks unsafe.
(d) The master of the vessel has evil eyes.
9. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
(b) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(c) He is not able to help the slave.
(d) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
10. Who played with Amenhotep like a sister when they were children?
11. Who is chosen as the king for the Day of the False King?
(d) King Aziru.
12. Who does Nefernefernefer ask for the first time she meets Sinuhe?
(a) Metufer, a classmate.
(b) Sinuhe's father.
(c) The priest.
13. What is Sinuhe's favorite toy as a child?
(a) A reed boat.
(b) A wooden crocodile.
(c) Glass marbles.
(d) A cane.
14. After the battle with Khabiri, how does Horemheb reward his men?
(a) With cash.
(b) With the cross of life.
(c) With chains and bracelets and promotions.
(d) With poems written by the pharaoh.
15. What fate awaits Minea in her homeland?
(a) Her lot has alrealdy fallen, and she must be sacrificed to her god.
(b) She is to be married to a man chosen for her.
(c) She will be queen of the sea.
(d) She will return to be a servant for the royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is the god of the new pharaoh?
2. How many years has the King reigned in Hatti?
3. When the god Ammon statue talks to Sinuhe, whose voice does Sinuhe hear?
4. What is on the roof at the inn where Sinuhe stays in Babylon?
5. What does Thothmes' father want Thothmes to do as an adult?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)