|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thothmes' father want Thothmes to do as an adult?
(a) Become a sea captain.
(b) Become a warrior.
(c) Become a merchant.
(d) Become a charioteer.
2. What animal do the people of Babylon have that Sinuhe has never seen before?
(a) A bull.
(b) A camel.
(c) A hen.
(d) A horse.
3. What, according to Sinuhe's father, is the most important thing for a young man to learn if he wants to be leader among his people?
(a) To know how to open a skull.
(b) To know the royal family.
(c) To write.
(d) To speak well.
4. When Sinuhe opens a man's skull in Mitanni, what does he find?
(b) A tumor.
(c) Splinters in his brain.
5. In the land of the Hittites, how are the people ruled?
(a) By the pharaoh from Egypt.
(b) By kings in each small region.
(c) They are self-governed.
(d) By princes whose power over them is absolute.
6. How many years has the King reigned in Hatti?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 28 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 30 years.
7. What is Sinuhe's favorite toy as a child?
(a) A wooden crocodile.
(b) A cane.
(c) A reed boat.
(d) Glass marbles.
8. What god does the young heir call upon to bless his father at the opening of his skull?
(a) The god Moses.
(b) The god Horus.
(c) The god Ammon.
(d) The god Aton.
9. How many men and boys are in Sinuhe's class at the House of Life?
10. Who is Horemheb in love with?
(a) Queen Taia.
11. What does Minea threaten to do on the boat to escape Sinuhe?
(a) She threatens to dance.
(b) She threatens to report Sinuhe to the king of Babylon.
(c) She threatens to sacrifice herself while dancing with the bulls.
(d) She threatens to jump overboard.
12. Who is the king of Babylon?
(b) King Burnaburiash.
(c) Pharaoh Ahknaton.
(d) King Aziru.
13. What does Horemheb want Sinuhe to do for him after the battle with the Khabiri?
(a) He wants him to talk to the pharaoh for him.
(b) He wants him to travel and spy for him.
(c) He wants him to return to Egypt with him.
(d) He want him to go away and never see him again.
14. What present does Ptahor send to Kipa the day after he leaves her house?
(a) A precious ring.
(b) A necklace of pearls.
(c) A thank-you note.
(d) A sacred scarab carved from a precious stone.
15. What does Sinuhe read for a stranger in the City of the Dead?
(a) A letter.
(b) An inscription on a pharaoh's tomb.
(c) A boundary sign.
(d) The inscription on the tomb of Anukis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Sinuhe perform for the young king of Babylon?
2. When the prince is crowned, what does he decree?
3. Who rules after Pharaoh Amenhotep III's death?
4. What does Sinuhe do with the gift from Nefernefernefer?
5. When Minea wakes on the boat after her escape from Babylon, why is she angry at Sinuhe?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)