|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 10, The City of the Heavens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Sinuhe been in exile at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 2,000 years.
(b) Three months.
(c) 15 years.
(d) Three years.
2. Who is in the pharaoh's bedroom when Ptahor and Sinuhe arrive to open the skull?
(a) The royal consort Taia, Amenhotep, and Baketamon.
(b) Amenhotel, the heir only.
(c) The priest Eie.
(d) The royal consort Taia only.
3. When Sinuhe walks to the pharaoh's temple upon his return to Egypt, what does he find?
(a) A new temple to Aton.
(b) The streets so full of life with lots of people about.
(c) Many to temples to Ammon.
(d) Former slaves dresses beautifully walking to near the palace.
4. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(b) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
(c) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
(d) He is not able to help the slave.
5. What does everyone know about the opening of the pharaoh's skull?
(a) That no pharaoh has ever lived after the opening of the skull.
(b) That the pharaoh's brain must be studied.
(c) That the pharaoh will live.
(d) That is ensures the pharaoh's place in the heavens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Sinuhe to pass his examination to enter the House of Life?
2. What happens when Pharaoh Akenaton parades in public?
3. When told of neighboring countries preparing for war against Egypt, what does the Pharaoh Akenaton say he has given to the other kings that will make them happy?
4. Who paints the paintings that decorate Sinuhe's office?
5. Who rules after Pharaoh Amenhotep III's death?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)