|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9, The Crocodile's Tail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sinuhe walks to the pharaoh's temple upon his return to Egypt, what does he find?
(a) Many to temples to Ammon.
(b) The streets so full of life with lots of people about.
(c) Former slaves dresses beautifully walking to near the palace.
(d) A new temple to Aton.
2. When the prince is crowned, what does he decree?
(a) That the slaves are freed from the mines.
(b) That slaves will be given new jobs.
(c) That the town of Thebes will have no more liquor.
(d) That all children will be able to read.
3. What do people say about Nefertiti?
(a) The she is the pharaoh's real sister.
(b) That she is not faithful to the pharaoh.
(c) That she is not as beautiful in person as people say.
(d) That she thinks only of her clothes and her indecent fashions.
4. What gift does Nefernefernefer give to Sinuhe when they first meet?
(a) The cross of life.
(b) A ring.
(c) A precious stone.
(d) A piece of gold.
5. What does Phator do to cure the young slave with the splinter in his brain?
(a) He gives him powerful medicines for the pain.
(b) He opens his skull, takes out the splinter and puts a silver plate over it.
(c) He runs a velvet cloth over his head.
(d) He is not able to help the slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sinuhe know that he is to assist Phator and go with him to the pharaoh?
2. What does Sinuhe read for a stranger in the City of the Dead?
3. Why does the new pharaoh bother Horemheb?
4. How does Horemheb make money on his men after he give them their rewards?
5. When Minea wakes on the boat after her escape from Babylon, why is she angry at Sinuhe?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)