|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9, The Crocodile's Tail.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Minea not board the second vessel bound for Crete from Hatti?
(a) The vessel looks unsafe.
(b) The master of the vessel has evil eyes.
(c) The vessel is cursed.
(d) The master of the vessel stared at her.
2. How does Horemheb make money on his men after he give them their rewards?
(a) He has them followed and steals from them.
(b) He charges for food and beds.
(c) He taxes the merchants where they will spend their booty.
(d) He convinces them to invest in his companies.
3. After Sinuhe gives everything over to Neferrneferrnefer, what does he learn when he returns home?
(a) That Kaptah is dead.
(b) That his parents are dead.
(c) That the new pharaoh is sick.
(d) That he must leave Egypt.
4. In the House of Death what is the job of Ramose?
(a) To remove the brain.
(b) To weigh the heart.
(c) To study the brain.
(d) To embalm the body.
5. The morning after Sinuhe and Minea have slept on the boat escaping from Babylon, what is the noise they hear?
(a) The slaves on the land.
(b) An approaching storm.
(c) Kaptah beating on the inside of the jar.
(d) The men working.
Short Answer Questions
1. To get off the boat, what does Kaptah suggest he, Sinuhe, and Minea pretend to be?
2. What does Sinuhe read for a stranger in the City of the Dead?
3. When Sinuhe walks to the pharaoh's temple upon his return to Egypt, what does he find?
4. What gift does Nefernefernefer give to Sinuhe when they first meet?
5. What illnesses do the Syrian merchants suffer from?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)