Book 1, The Reed Boat
1. How long has Sinuhe been in exile at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 15 years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) 2,000 years.
2. Why is the day of Sinuhe's birth unknown?
(a) He came drifting down the Nile in a little reed boat.
(b) He was given to his parents as a gift.
(c) He came from Smyrna.
(d) He came out of the woods.
3. What is Sinuhe's favorite toy as a child?
(a) A wooden crocodile.
(b) A reed boat.
(c) Glass marbles.
(d) A cane.
4. When Sinuhe turns seven to what event does his mother take him?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) The theater.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The House of Death.
5. What does Sinuhe tell his mother and father he wants to be when he grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A painter.
(c) A pharaoh.
(d) A warrior.
6. What, according to Sinuhe's father, is the most important thing for a young man to learn if he wants to be leader among his people?
(a) To know the royal family.
(b) To write.
(c) To speak well.
(d) To know how to open a skull.
This section contains 5,478 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)