|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
2. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
4. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
5. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
2. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
3. Do you think that Paul Krendler helps or hinders the investigation by giving in to Senator Martin's wishes?
4. Once Clarice finds out about Jame Gumb and the FBI team on its way to Illinois to apprehend the killer, how and why does she continue her investigation?
5. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
6. What would the reasons be for Chilton and Krendler to try and blame Dr. Lecter's escape on Clarice?
7. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
8. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
9. How does Catherine Martin throw the proverbial wrench into Jame Gumb's harvest rituals?
10. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Clarisse's discovery that Buffalo Bill is making a suit out of the skin he takes from his victims? Where was she when she had this realization? What specific occurrence leads to this theory?
Essay Topic 2
Senator Martin will spare nothing to get her daughter back safely, including negotiating with another killer to get into the mind of the man who has abducted Catherine. Is Senator Martin abusing her power by allowing Dr. Lecter to be released from his cell? Do you think she is aware that she might be putting other lives at danger by acquiescing to Dr. Lecter's demands, or do you think she believes she has taken all necessary precautions to ensure safety? Do you honestly think she is worried about the safety of others or only her daughter's recovery?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 37, the guards' carelessness results in chaos. Dr. Lecter has planned the perfect escape. Describe what occurs during the chaos following the shots heard while the courthouse is filled with officers waiting to relieve the eleven to seven shift. Exactly how does Dr. Lecter fulfill his plan?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)