|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
2. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
3. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
4. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
5. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What events lead to Clarisse's discovery that Buffalo Bill is making a suit out of the skin he takes from his victims? Where was she when she had this realization? What specific occurrence leads to this theory?
Essay Topic 2
Jack Crawford's wife, Bella, is dying. He is consumed with guilt about her illness and his inability to be with her at all times. How does Crawford manifest this guilt in his work? Do you think his pursuit of Buffalo Bill is intensified because of this guilt? Explain why or why not, using references from the book to support your choice.
Essay Topic 3
Clarisse is a strong, independent woman, but in the beginning of the novel, one gets the feeling that she is slightly intimidated by the men around her. Why would Clarisse feel intimidated? Is there a turning point where she no longer appears to feel intimidated? If so, when does that turning point occur, and what happens to make you feel that she has finally come to feel equal to the men around her?
This section contains 1,473 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)