|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
2. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
3. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
4. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
5. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Clarice gain insight into the person Frederica Bimmel was by exploring her room? What conclusions about Frederica does Clarice draw from the brief time she spends at the Bimmel house?
2. How does Dr. Lecter manipulate the conversation with Senator Martin, as well as anyone else needing his assistance?
3. How does Dr. Lecter avoid suspicion after his escape?
4. What is Catherine's plan, and describe her attempts to get Jame Gumb to release her?
5. What price did Clarice pay to stay on the Buffalo Bill investigation, and do you think she feels the price was too high?
6. How does Clarice end up at Jame Gumb's house, and why does she go in?
7. What pivotal event happens to Jack Crawford in Chapter 45, and how does he respond to this event?
8. Do you think that Clarice overstepped her bounds by visiting Dr. Lecter without going through the proper channels?
9. Do you think Clarice's obsession with Buffalo Bill's victims is beneficial or harmful. Why?
10. Do you think Bella's death will help or hinder Jack Crawford in the Buffalo Bill investigation and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The climax of the story is outlined in a fast paced, exciting scene. Describe the story's climax, how it can be identified as the climax, and how it set up the resolution.
Essay Topic 2
Strength and perseverance keep Catherine Martin from losing hope once she has been abducted. Though her situation seems hopeless, she finds an inner strength to fight her character.Catherine Martin is a very clever girl, and she is not about to go down without a fight. How does Catherine show her strength and spoil Buffalo Bill's plans for her? How does he react? Is Buffalo Bill a strong person, or is his weakness part of what makes up his character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Catherine Martin's abduction finally bring the FBI much needed reinforcements to the search for Buffalo Bill? Do you think the case would have taken longer to solve had she not been a senator's daughter?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)