|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(a) Having bad fashion sense.
(d) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
2. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Wheeling, WV.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Hollywood, CA.
(d) Belvedere, OH.
3. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
(b) He is restrained but unharmed.
(c) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
(d) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
4. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
(a) Pulls a gun.
(b) Asks for a phone.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Compliments Jame Gumb on his choice of pets.
5. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(b) Help her get over her depression.
(c) Save her reputation.
(d) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
6. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) To shut her up.
(b) It is time to "harvest" her.
(c) To get back at Senator Martin.
(d) To save his dog.
7. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was weighted down.
(b) She was dismembered.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
8. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(a) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(b) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
9. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) Colt Python.
(b) BB Gun.
(c) AK 47.
(d) Midnight Special.
10. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(c) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
(d) To offer her a drink.
11. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
12. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(b) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
(c) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(d) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
13. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
(a) His gun cocking.
(b) He breaks a glass.
(c) He knocks over a mannequin.
(d) He is giggling like a schoolgirl.
14. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jacob Wright.
(b) Joel Randall.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Jack Crawford.
15. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(b) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(c) He has been decapitated.
(d) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
2. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
3. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
5. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)