|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) Boyle's fingers.
(c) His tongue.
(d) Pembry's face.
2. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(b) She was weighted down.
(c) She was dismembered.
(d) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
3. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(b) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(c) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
(d) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
4. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He demands her gun and badge.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
5. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(b) 1962 Miss Universe.
(c) 1967 Mrs. World.
(d) 1988 Pie Eating.
6. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(b) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(c) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(d) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
7. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(b) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(c) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(d) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
8. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His sewing supplies.
(b) His Special Things.
(c) His mother's keepsakes.
(d) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
9. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
(a) Arrest Dr. Chilton.
(b) Go to Catherine Martin's apartment and look for more evidence.
(c) Take compassionate leave.
(d) Find Buffalo Bill or face the possibility of being demoted.
10. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(b) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
(c) Having bad fashion sense.
11. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
12. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "Balls and eyes."
(b) "Mama will save me."
(c) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(d) "It's only a dream."
13. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(b) The head of the Secret Service.
(c) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(d) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
14. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(b) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(c) Help her get over her depression.
(d) Save her reputation.
15. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) It is time to "harvest" her.
(b) To get back at Senator Martin.
(c) To save his dog.
(d) To shut her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
2. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
3. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
4. Who is John Grant?
5. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)