|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
(b) Because she wants to.
(c) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
(d) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
2. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are designer.
(b) They are old and worn out.
(c) They are handmade.
(d) They are skimpy.
3. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
(b) The California Department of Corrections.
(c) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
(d) His mother.
4. What type of dog is Precious?
5. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jacob Wright.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Joel Randall.
6. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Jerry Burroughs.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Dr. Lecter.
(d) Paul Krendler.
7. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A car.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A refrigerator.
8. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His sewing supplies.
(b) His Special Things.
(c) His mother's keepsakes.
(d) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
9. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
(b) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(c) To take care.
(d) Thanks for the memories.
10. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(a) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
(b) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
11. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "Mama will save me."
(b) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(c) "Balls and eyes."
(d) "It's only a dream."
12. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
(a) Breaking the rules and following one's own path.
(b) Following directions and not making trouble.
(c) Making deals with the devil.
(d) Managing one's rage and frustration.
13. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) For the government.
(b) A seamstress shop.
(c) An insurance agency.
(d) She is unemployed.
14. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(b) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(c) A gas lantern.
(d) Strategically placed torches.
15. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) Midnight Special.
(b) Colt Python.
(c) BB Gun.
(d) AK 47.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
2. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
3. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
4. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
5. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)