|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) The Amazon rainforest.
(b) The Congo.
(d) Outer Mongolia.
2. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Loud music.
(d) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
3. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
(a) Dr. Lecter's remaining personal items.
(b) A cup of coffee, black.
(c) Dr. Chilton's date book.
(d) Dr. Lecter's journal.
4. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He demands her gun and badge.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
5. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) San Diego, CA
(b) Calumet City, IL
(c) Brooklyn, NY.
(d) Culver City, CA.
6. Who is John Grant?
(a) Jame Gumb's brother.
(b) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(c) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
(d) Clarice's boyfriend.
7. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(b) Having bad fashion sense.
(c) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
8. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(b) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
(c) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(d) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
9. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(b) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
(c) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(d) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
10. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A washing machine.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A car.
11. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Lloyd Wyman.
(b) Frederica Bimmel.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
12. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) His mother.
(b) The California Department of Corrections.
(c) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
(d) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
13. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(b) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(c) Strategically placed torches.
(d) A gas lantern.
14. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(b) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
(c) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
(d) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
15. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) That her mom is on the way.
(b) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(c) To grab her hand.
(d) To climb the pit's wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
2. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
3. What type of dog is Precious?
4. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
5. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)