|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(b) Cow brains.
(c) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
2. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
(b) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
(c) He is restrained but unharmed.
(d) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
3. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(b) New Mexico.
(c) South Bend.
4. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) Strategically placed torches.
(b) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(c) A gas lantern.
(d) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
5. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
(a) Jerry Burroughs.
(c) Dr. Chilton
(d) Paul Krendler.
6. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are designer.
(b) They are handmade.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are old and worn out.
7. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) To save his dog.
(b) To get back at Senator Martin.
(c) It is time to "harvest" her.
(d) To shut her up.
8. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Paul Krendler.
(b) Jerry Burroughs.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Dr. Lecter.
9. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) AK 47.
(b) BB Gun.
(c) Colt Python.
(d) Midnight Special.
10. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Ms. Carlton.
(b) Mrs. Lippman.
(c) Mr. Dordaste.
(d) Mrs. Burroughs.
11. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She gets to keep Precious.
(b) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(c) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(d) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
12. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) The dog starts barking.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) She runs into Jame Gumb.
13. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Nineteen months.
(b) A decade.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
14. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(b) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(c) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(d) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
15. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He has been decapitated.
(b) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(c) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(d) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
2. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
3. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
4. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
5. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)