|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Save her reputation.
(b) Help her get over her depression.
(c) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(d) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
2. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He demands her gun and badge.
(b) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(c) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) South Bend.
(c) New Mexico.
4. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "It's only a dream."
(b) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(c) "Mama will save me."
(d) "Balls and eyes."
5. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(d) West Virginia.
6. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To offer her a drink.
(b) To kill her.
(c) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
7. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His Special Things.
(b) His sewing supplies.
(c) His mother's keepsakes.
(d) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
8. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
9. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
(a) By making a sexual proposition while she is naked.
(b) By saying she will be his girlfriend.
(c) By threatening him with her mother's powerful connections.
(d) By offering to marry him.
10. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A car.
(d) A sewing machine.
11. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To grab her hand.
(b) That her mom is on the way.
(c) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(d) To climb the pit's wall.
12. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
(a) He is giggling like a schoolgirl.
(b) He breaks a glass.
(c) His gun cocking.
(d) He knocks over a mannequin.
13. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
(b) A group of homeless men.
(c) They don't worry about cover.
(d) A landscaping company.
14. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) His tongue.
(c) Boyle's fingers.
(d) Pembry's face.
15. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(b) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
(c) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
2. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
3. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
4. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
5. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)