|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Jacob Wright.
(d) Joel Randall.
2. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nineteen months.
(d) A decade.
3. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A sewing machine.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A car.
4. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
(a) Stacy Hubka.
(b) Bonnie Dodger.
(c) John Grant.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
5. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(b) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(c) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(d) She gets to keep Precious.
6. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
(a) Arrest Dr. Chilton.
(b) Find Buffalo Bill or face the possibility of being demoted.
(c) Go to Catherine Martin's apartment and look for more evidence.
(d) Take compassionate leave.
7. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(b) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(c) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(d) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
8. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
(b) He feeds his moths.
(c) He watches a tape of his mother.
(d) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
9. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
10. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(d) Elephant ivory anthrax.
11. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) St. Martin.
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Augustine.
12. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(b) Having bad fashion sense.
(d) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
13. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(c) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
(d) Cow brains.
14. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(a) West Virginia.
15. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1988 Pie Eating.
(b) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(c) 1962 Miss Universe.
(d) 1967 Mrs. World.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
2. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
3. What type of dog is Precious?
4. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
5. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)