|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
(a) Go to Catherine Martin's apartment and look for more evidence.
(b) Find Buffalo Bill or face the possibility of being demoted.
(c) Take compassionate leave.
(d) Arrest Dr. Chilton.
2. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) Culver City, CA.
(b) San Diego, CA
(c) Brooklyn, NY.
(d) Calumet City, IL
3. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Bella Crawford dies.
(b) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(c) Clarice gets shot.
(d) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
4. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(a) Long, relaxing baths.
5. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
6. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(d) West Virginia.
7. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are handmade.
(b) They are designer.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are old and worn out.
8. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
(d) Loud music.
9. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
(b) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(c) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(d) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
10. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) Thanks for the memories.
(b) To take care.
(c) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(d) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
11. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(b) 1967 Mrs. World.
(c) 1988 Pie Eating.
(d) 1962 Miss Universe.
12. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(b) She was dismembered.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She was weighted down.
13. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(b) Elephant ivory anthrax.
14. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(b) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
(c) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
(d) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
15. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(c) Having bad fashion sense.
(d) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
2. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
3. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
4. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
5. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)