|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(b) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(c) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(d) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
2. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(b) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(c) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(d) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
3. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Lloyd Wyman.
(b) Kimberly Emberg.
(c) Frederica Bimmel.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
4. Who is John Grant?
(a) Clarice's boyfriend.
(b) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(c) Jame Gumb's brother.
(d) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
5. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(b) "Requiem In C Minor".
(c) "Goldberg Variations".
(d) "La Traviata".
6. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(b) Cow brains.
(c) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
7. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(b) She was dismembered.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She was weighted down.
8. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(b) He has been decapitated.
(c) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(d) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
9. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(b) 1967 Mrs. World.
(c) 1988 Pie Eating.
(d) 1962 Miss Universe.
10. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
(a) He knocks over a mannequin.
(b) His gun cocking.
(c) He is giggling like a schoolgirl.
(d) He breaks a glass.
11. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(b) Sergeant Tate.
(c) Jack Crawford.
12. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(b) "Mama will save me."
(c) "Balls and eyes."
(d) "It's only a dream."
13. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
(d) The California Department of Corrections.
14. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
(b) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(c) Bella Crawford dies.
(d) Clarice gets shot.
15. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are old and worn out.
(b) They are designer.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are handmade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
2. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
3. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
4. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
5. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)