|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(d) Long, relaxing baths.
2. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(b) Jack Crawford.
(d) Sergeant Tate.
3. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) It is time to "harvest" her.
(b) To shut her up.
(c) To save his dog.
(d) To get back at Senator Martin.
4. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(b) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(c) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
(d) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
5. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(b) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(c) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
(d) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
6. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He demands her gun and badge.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
7. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) AK 47.
(b) BB Gun.
(c) Colt Python.
(d) Midnight Special.
8. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His sewing supplies.
(b) His Special Things.
(c) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
(d) His mother's keepsakes.
9. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(c) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
(d) Having bad fashion sense.
10. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To offer her a drink.
(c) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
11. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) The head of the Secret Service.
(b) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(c) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(d) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
12. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Wheeling, WV.
(b) Hollywood, CA.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Belvedere, OH.
13. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(b) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(c) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(d) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
14. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1967 Mrs. World.
(b) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(c) 1962 Miss Universe.
(d) 1988 Pie Eating.
15. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
(a) "Will you take care of Precious?"
(c) "How does it feel to be so beautiful?"
(d) "Don't you know who I am?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
2. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
3. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
4. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
5. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)