|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(b) Save her reputation.
(c) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(d) Help her get over her depression.
2. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(b) To grab her hand.
(c) To climb the pit's wall.
(d) That her mom is on the way.
3. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(b) 1962 Miss Universe.
(c) 1967 Mrs. World.
(d) 1988 Pie Eating.
4. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
(a) He takes Sergeant Tate hostage and negotiates his freedom with Senator Martin.
(b) He puts on Pembry's face and pretends to be horribly mutilated and barely alive guard. He is loaded into the ambulance and overpowers the attendant.
(c) He hides in the crawlspace until the building is sufficiently empty for him to sneak out.
(d) He uses the guard's belts and the fire escape to scale down the outside of the building. He then steals a car and crosses the border into Georgia.
5. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) The dog starts barking.
(c) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(d) The lights go out.
6. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(b) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(c) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(d) His spoon.
7. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(b) She gets to keep Precious.
(c) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(d) She is getting a medal for bravery.
8. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
(a) "Don't you know who I am?"
(b) "Will you take care of Precious?"
(c) "How does it feel to be so beautiful?"
9. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) The California Department of Corrections.
(b) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
(c) His mother.
(d) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
10. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Mr. Dordaste.
(b) Mrs. Burroughs.
(c) Ms. Carlton.
(d) Mrs. Lippman.
11. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Belvedere, OH.
(b) Wheeling, WV.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Hollywood, CA.
12. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(b) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
(c) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(d) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
13. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was dismembered.
(b) She was weighted down.
(c) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(d) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
14. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Dr. Lecter.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Paul Krendler.
(d) Jerry Burroughs.
15. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(b) The head of the Secret Service.
(c) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(d) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
2. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
3. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
4. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
5. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)