|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
(a) They were left suspended from the ceiling until they died.
(b) They were brutally tortured and electrocuted.
(c) Many were walled up in rooms while they were still alive.
(d) They were chained to the wall and allowed to slowly starve to death.
2. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Wheeling, WV.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Hollywood, CA.
(d) Belvedere, OH.
3. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
(b) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
(c) He watches a tape of his mother.
(d) He feeds his moths.
4. What does the FBI order Jack Crawford to do in Chapter 39?
(a) Arrest Dr. Chilton.
(b) Go to Catherine Martin's apartment and look for more evidence.
(c) Take compassionate leave.
(d) Find Buffalo Bill or face the possibility of being demoted.
5. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Mrs. Lippman.
(b) Mrs. Burroughs.
(c) Ms. Carlton.
(d) Mr. Dordaste.
6. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
(a) In the back seat.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) He was buried in a shallow grave, not riding in his car.
(d) In the passenger seat.
7. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton removes Dr. Lecter's mask with a theatrical flourish.
(b) Dr. Chilton starts babbling from the moment he meets the Senator.
(c) Dr. Chilton removes all of Dr. Lecter's restraints.
(d) Dr. Chilton calls Senator Martin's daughter by the wrong name.
8. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
(a) At the funeral home.
(b) At Quantico.
(c) At his house.
(d) In a Chinese restaurant.
9. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "It's only a dream."
(b) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(c) "Mama will save me."
(d) "Balls and eyes."
10. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(a) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
(b) Cow brains.
11. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(b) "La Traviata".
(c) "Requiem In C Minor".
(d) "Goldberg Variations".
12. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(a) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(b) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
13. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
(b) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
(c) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
(d) He is restrained but unharmed.
14. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
(a) Ardelia Mapp.
(b) Bonnie Dodger.
(c) John Grant.
(d) Stacy Hubka.
15. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Joel Randall.
(c) Jacob Wright.
(d) Jack Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
2. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
3. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
4. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
5. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)