|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(a) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
(d) Cow brains.
2. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(b) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(c) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(d) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
3. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(b) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(c) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
(d) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
4. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) The Congo.
(c) Outer Mongolia.
(d) The Amazon rainforest.
5. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To kill her.
(b) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(c) To offer her a drink.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
6. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(b) South Bend.
(d) New Mexico.
7. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Six months.
(b) A decade.
(c) Nineteen months.
(d) Two years.
8. What type of dog is Precious?
9. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Paul Krendler.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Jerry Burroughs.
(d) Dr. Lecter.
10. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(b) Strategically placed torches.
(c) A gas lantern.
(d) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
11. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) The head of the Secret Service.
(b) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(c) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(d) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
12. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Joel Randall.
(c) Jacob Wright.
(d) Jame Gumb.
13. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A sewing machine.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A car.
14. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) San Diego, CA
(b) Calumet City, IL
(c) Culver City, CA.
(d) Brooklyn, NY.
15. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "La Traviata".
(b) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(c) "Requiem In C Minor".
(d) "Goldberg Variations".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
2. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
3. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
4. What does Clarice hear that gives Jame Gumb's position away?
5. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)