|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Grant?
(a) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(b) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
(c) Clarice's boyfriend.
(d) Jame Gumb's brother.
2. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
(a) John Grant.
(b) Stacy Hubka.
(c) Ardelia Mapp.
(d) Bonnie Dodger.
3. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
(c) Because she wants to.
(d) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
4. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(b) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(c) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(d) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
5. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
6. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) The dog starts barking.
7. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
(a) By making a sexual proposition while she is naked.
(b) By threatening him with her mother's powerful connections.
(c) By saying she will be his girlfriend.
(d) By offering to marry him.
8. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are old and worn out.
(b) They are handmade.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are designer.
9. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(b) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(c) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(d) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
10. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
(b) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
(c) He is restrained but unharmed.
(d) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
11. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) His tongue.
(b) A liverworst sandwich.
(c) Pembry's face.
(d) Boyle's fingers.
12. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A car.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A refrigerator.
13. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) In the back seat.
(c) In the passenger seat.
(d) He was buried in a shallow grave, not riding in his car.
14. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(b) To offer her a drink.
(c) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
(d) To kill her.
15. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) Culver City, CA.
(b) Brooklyn, NY.
(c) Calumet City, IL
(d) San Diego, CA
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
2. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
3. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
4. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
5. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)