|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(b) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(c) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(d) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
2. Who is John Grant?
(a) Jame Gumb's brother.
(b) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
(c) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(d) Clarice's boyfriend.
3. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(b) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(c) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(d) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
4. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(b) She was dismembered.
(c) She was weighted down.
(d) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
5. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(b) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(c) The head of the Secret Service.
(d) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
6. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
(a) He uses the guard's belts and the fire escape to scale down the outside of the building. He then steals a car and crosses the border into Georgia.
(b) He takes Sergeant Tate hostage and negotiates his freedom with Senator Martin.
(c) He hides in the crawlspace until the building is sufficiently empty for him to sneak out.
(d) He puts on Pembry's face and pretends to be horribly mutilated and barely alive guard. He is loaded into the ambulance and overpowers the attendant.
7. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(b) It has the world's largest chandelier.
(c) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(d) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
8. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
(b) Because she wants to.
(c) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
(d) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
9. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
(a) St. Martin.
(b) St. Thomas.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) St. Augustine.
10. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He watches a tape of his mother.
(b) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
(c) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
(d) He feeds his moths.
11. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
(c) Stomach acid.
12. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He demands her gun and badge.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
13. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) For the government.
(c) An insurance agency.
(d) A seamstress shop.
14. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) South Bend.
(b) New Mexico.
15. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
(a) Pulls a gun.
(b) Compliments Jame Gumb on his choice of pets.
(c) Asks for a phone.
(d) Screams for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
2. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
4. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
5. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)