|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
(a) Screams for help.
(b) Pulls a gun.
(c) Compliments Jame Gumb on his choice of pets.
(d) Asks for a phone.
2. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(b) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(c) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(d) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
3. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Loud music.
(c) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
4. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Lloyd Wyman.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Frederica Bimmel.
5. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(b) Thanks for the memories.
(c) To take care.
(d) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
6. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) To offer her a drink.
(b) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
(c) To kill her.
(d) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
7. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(b) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(c) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(d) His spoon.
8. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Nineteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A decade.
(d) Two years.
9. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
(a) "Don't you know who I am?"
(c) "How does it feel to be so beautiful?"
(d) "Will you take care of Precious?"
10. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She gets to keep Precious.
(b) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(c) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(d) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
11. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Requiem In C Minor".
(b) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(c) "Goldberg Variations".
(d) "La Traviata".
12. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Joel Randall.
(d) Jacob Wright.
13. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(d) Long, relaxing baths.
14. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
(b) Because she wants to.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
(d) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
15. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
(a) Managing one's rage and frustration.
(b) Breaking the rules and following one's own path.
(c) Following directions and not making trouble.
(d) Making deals with the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
2. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
3. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
4. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
5. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)