|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(c) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
(d) He demands her gun and badge.
2. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton removes Dr. Lecter's mask with a theatrical flourish.
(b) Dr. Chilton calls Senator Martin's daughter by the wrong name.
(c) Dr. Chilton starts babbling from the moment he meets the Senator.
(d) Dr. Chilton removes all of Dr. Lecter's restraints.
3. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Goldberg Variations".
(b) "Requiem In C Minor".
(c) "La Traviata".
(d) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
4. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) A seamstress shop.
(b) An insurance agency.
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) For the government.
5. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To grab her hand.
(b) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(c) To climb the pit's wall.
(d) That her mom is on the way.
6. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Nineteen months.
(d) A decade.
7. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His Special Things.
(b) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
(c) His mother's keepsakes.
(d) His sewing supplies.
8. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
(c) Stomach acid.
9. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(b) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(c) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(d) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
10. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are skimpy.
(b) They are designer.
(c) They are old and worn out.
(d) They are handmade.
11. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(b) Clarice gets shot.
(c) Bella Crawford dies.
(d) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
12. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
(a) Dr. Chilton's date book.
(b) A cup of coffee, black.
(c) Dr. Lecter's remaining personal items.
(d) Dr. Lecter's journal.
13. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) A gas lantern.
(b) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(c) Strategically placed torches.
(d) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
14. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
(b) He watches a tape of his mother.
(c) He feeds his moths.
(d) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
15. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(b) His spoon.
(c) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(d) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
2. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
3. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
4. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
5. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)