|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(b) Cow brains.
(c) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
2. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) The Congo.
(b) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) Outer Mongolia.
3. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(b) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(c) His spoon.
(d) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
4. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(b) "Requiem In C Minor".
(c) "La Traviata".
(d) "Goldberg Variations".
5. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) Midnight Special.
(b) Colt Python.
(c) BB Gun.
(d) AK 47.
6. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
(a) St. Augustine.
(b) St. Martin.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) St. Thomas.
7. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(b) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(c) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(d) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
8. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(b) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(c) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
(d) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
9. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(b) To offer her a drink.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
10. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(d) Elephant ivory anthrax.
11. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Loud music.
(d) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
12. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) Culver City, CA.
(b) Brooklyn, NY.
(c) San Diego, CA
(d) Calumet City, IL
13. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(b) He has been decapitated.
(c) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(d) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
14. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A car.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A sewing machine.
15. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(b) The head of the Secret Service.
(c) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(d) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
2. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
3. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
4. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
5. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)