|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) His spoon.
(b) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(c) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(d) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
2. With Dr. Lecter driving his care, where was Lloyd Wyman riding?
(a) He was buried in a shallow grave, not riding in his car.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) In the back seat.
(d) In the passenger seat.
3. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) South Bend.
(c) New Mexico.
4. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) Boyle's fingers.
(c) His tongue.
(d) Pembry's face.
5. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Dr. Lecter.
(c) Jerry Burroughs.
(d) Paul Krendler.
6. In what contest did Jame Gumb's mother participate?
(a) 1967 Mrs. World.
(b) 1948 Miss Sacramento.
(c) 1988 Pie Eating.
(d) 1962 Miss Universe.
7. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(b) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
(c) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(d) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
8. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) The California Department of Corrections.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
(d) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
9. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) A seamstress shop.
(b) She is unemployed.
(c) An insurance agency.
(d) For the government.
10. How does Dr. Lecter escape?
(a) He takes Sergeant Tate hostage and negotiates his freedom with Senator Martin.
(b) He puts on Pembry's face and pretends to be horribly mutilated and barely alive guard. He is loaded into the ambulance and overpowers the attendant.
(c) He hides in the crawlspace until the building is sufficiently empty for him to sneak out.
(d) He uses the guard's belts and the fire escape to scale down the outside of the building. He then steals a car and crosses the border into Georgia.
11. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
(a) They were brutally tortured and electrocuted.
(b) They were chained to the wall and allowed to slowly starve to death.
(c) They were left suspended from the ceiling until they died.
(d) Many were walled up in rooms while they were still alive.
12. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Goldberg Variations".
(b) "La Traviata".
(c) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(d) "Requiem In C Minor".
13. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) Midnight Special.
(b) AK 47.
(c) Colt Python.
(d) BB Gun.
14. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(b) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(c) The head of the Secret Service.
(d) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
15. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(b) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(c) Help her get over her depression.
(d) Save her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
2. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
3. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
4. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
5. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)