|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(b) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(c) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(d) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
2. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
(a) Mrs. Lipscomb's Sewing school.
(b) His mother.
(c) The California Department of Corrections.
(d) He worked in a coroner's office, sewing up dead bodies.
3. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) A decade.
(b) Two years.
(c) Nineteen months.
(d) Six months.
4. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) San Diego, CA
(b) Calumet City, IL
(c) Brooklyn, NY.
(d) Culver City, CA.
5. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(d) Elephant ivory anthrax.
6. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Save her reputation.
(b) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(c) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(d) Help her get over her depression.
7. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) His tongue.
(c) Pembry's face.
(d) Boyle's fingers.
8. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(c) Sergeant Tate.
(d) Jack Crawford.
9. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
(a) Wet dog.
(b) Dirty laundry.
(d) Mouse urine.
10. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(b) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(c) She was dismembered.
(d) She was weighted down.
11. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Mrs. Burroughs.
(b) Ms. Carlton.
(c) Mrs. Lippman.
(d) Mr. Dordaste.
12. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(c) The dog starts barking.
(d) The lights go out.
13. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are handmade.
(b) They are designer.
(c) They are skimpy.
(d) They are old and worn out.
14. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His Special Things.
(b) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
(c) His mother's keepsakes.
(d) His sewing supplies.
15. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(b) That her mom is on the way.
(c) To grab her hand.
(d) To climb the pit's wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
2. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
3. Who is John Grant?
4. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
5. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)