|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(b) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(c) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(d) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
2. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
(a) They were brutally tortured and electrocuted.
(b) Many were walled up in rooms while they were still alive.
(c) They were chained to the wall and allowed to slowly starve to death.
(d) They were left suspended from the ceiling until they died.
3. Whom does Dr. Chilton claim is responsible for Dr. Lecter's escape?
(a) Sergeant Tate.
(c) Jack Crawford.
4. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(c) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
(d) Cow brains.
5. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
(a) He feeds his moths.
(b) He dresses the poodle in its cutest outfit.
(c) He watches a tape of his mother.
(d) He eats a dinner of baked beans and macaroni and cheese.
6. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(d) The dog starts barking.
7. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
(a) Clarice admires Precious and wants to play with the dog.
(b) To offer her a drink.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To get her a business card for Mrs. Lippman's lawyer.
8. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
(c) Stomach acid.
9. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
(a) It caters to rich people recovering from plastic surgery.
(b) It caters to spoiled animals and their owners.
(c) It is well known for its celebrity clientele.
(d) It has the world's largest chandelier.
10. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Loud music.
(d) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
11. What does the Bimmel house smell like?
(a) Dirty laundry.
(b) Wet dog.
(d) Mouse urine.
12. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) They don't worry about cover.
(b) A landscaping company.
(c) A group of homeless men.
(d) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
13. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) His mother's keepsakes.
(b) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
(c) His Special Things.
(d) His sewing supplies.
14. In which state did Frederica Bimmel live?
(a) West Virginia.
15. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(b) She was weighted down.
(c) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(d) She was dismembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
2. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
3. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
4. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
5. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)