|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(b) A gas lantern.
(c) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(d) Strategically placed torches.
2. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Ms. Carlton.
(b) Mrs. Burroughs.
(c) Mr. Dordaste.
(d) Mrs. Lippman.
3. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Lloyd Wyman.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Frederica Bimmel.
(d) Kimberly Emberg.
4. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(b) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(c) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(d) His spoon.
5. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
(a) Nineteen months.
(b) Two years.
(c) A decade.
(d) Six months.
6. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
(b) Thanks for the memories.
(c) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(d) To take care.
7. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
(a) Joel Randall.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Jacob Wright.
(d) Jack Crawford.
8. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
(a) In a Chinese restaurant.
(b) At Quantico.
(c) At the funeral home.
(d) At his house.
9. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(b) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
(d) Loud music.
10. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) She is unemployed.
(b) An insurance agency.
(c) For the government.
(d) A seamstress shop.
11. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) South Bend.
(b) New Mexico.
12. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
(d) He demands her gun and badge.
13. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
(b) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(c) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
(d) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
14. Who is John Grant?
(a) Clarice's boyfriend.
(b) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(c) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
(d) Jame Gumb's brother.
15. What type of dog is Precious?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
2. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
3. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
4. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
5. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)