|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Jerry Burroughs.
(b) Paul Krendler.
(c) Dr. Lecter.
(d) Jack Crawford.
2. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(b) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(c) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(d) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
3. Where does Stacy Hubka work?
(a) A seamstress shop.
(b) An insurance agency.
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) For the government.
4. In Chapter 51, what does Jack use as a distraction from Bella's death?
(d) Long, relaxing baths.
5. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
(a) BB Gun.
(b) AK 47.
(c) Colt Python.
(d) Midnight Special.
6. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
(a) Paul Krendler.
(c) Senator Martin.
(d) Dr. Danielson.
7. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
(a) "How does it feel to be so beautiful?"
(b) "Will you take care of Precious?"
(c) "Don't you know who I am?"
8. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton removes Dr. Lecter's mask with a theatrical flourish.
(b) Dr. Chilton removes all of Dr. Lecter's restraints.
(c) Dr. Chilton calls Senator Martin's daughter by the wrong name.
(d) Dr. Chilton starts babbling from the moment he meets the Senator.
9. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(b) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(c) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(d) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
10. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) The dog starts barking.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(d) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
11. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) The Congo.
12. What was the name of Frederica's employer?
(a) Mrs. Lippman.
(b) Ms. Carlton.
(c) Mr. Dordaste.
(d) Mrs. Burroughs.
13. What is surprising about Frederica Bimmel's clothes in Chapter 52?
(a) They are old and worn out.
(b) They are skimpy.
(c) They are designer.
(d) They are handmade.
14. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
(a) At his house.
(b) In a Chinese restaurant.
(c) At Quantico.
(d) At the funeral home.
15. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
(a) San Diego, CA
(b) Culver City, CA.
(c) Brooklyn, NY.
(d) Calumet City, IL
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
2. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
3. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
4. Who is John Grant?
5. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)