|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(b) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(c) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
(d) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
2. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(b) The Congo.
(c) The Amazon rainforest.
(d) Outer Mongolia.
3. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(b) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(c) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(d) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
4. What is the cover that the Hostage Rescue Team uses?
(a) A landscaping company.
(b) A group of homeless men.
(c) A florist delivery truck with a sledgehammer in a flower box.
(d) They don't worry about cover.
5. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
(a) Bonnie Dodger.
(b) Stacy Hubka.
(c) John Grant.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
6. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(b) The dog starts barking.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) She runs into Jame Gumb.
7. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He has been decapitated.
(b) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(c) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(d) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
8. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
(a) Dr. Chilton's date book.
(b) Dr. Lecter's remaining personal items.
(c) Dr. Lecter's journal.
(d) A cup of coffee, black.
9. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A sewing machine.
(c) A washing machine.
(d) A car.
10. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(c) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
(d) Having bad fashion sense.
11. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Frederica Bimmel.
(c) Lloyd Wyman.
(d) Kimberly Emberg.
12. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(b) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(c) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(d) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
13. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(b) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He demands her gun and badge.
14. What does Dr. Lecter say in his note to Dr. Chilton?
(a) Thanks for the memories.
(b) That he'll be stopping by to visit Dr. Chilton soon.
(c) He tells Dr. Chilton that he is going to Paris.
(d) To take care.
15. What type of dog is Precious?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
2. What is the name of the Hostage Rescue Team's commander?
3. Who gives Jack Crawford the lead that directs him to Buffalo Bill?
4. Jack Crawford is how far away from mandatory retirement?
5. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)