|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(b) A gas lantern.
(c) Strategically placed torches.
(d) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
2. What does Clarice do when the moth crawls out of Jame Gumb's robe?
(a) Asks for a phone.
(b) Pulls a gun.
(c) Compliments Jame Gumb on his choice of pets.
(d) Screams for help.
3. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(b) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
(c) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(d) He has been decapitated.
4. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
(a) Jack Crawford is a pathological liar.
(b) Jack Crawford has a crush on her.
(c) Jack Crawford is actually Buffalo Bill.
(d) Jack Crawford only cares about credit and glory.
5. What happens to let Clarice know that Jame Gumb is Buffalo Bill?
(a) He tells her that he is Buffalo Bill.
(b) A Death's Head moth crawls out of his robe.
(c) He has a fake cast sitting on his dining room table.
(d) He has womens' skin hanging on his wall.
6. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
(a) Take her out to dinner and a movie.
(b) Enter her in an interservice shooting match.
(c) Save her reputation.
(d) Help her get over her depression.
7. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) His spoon.
(b) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(c) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
(d) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
8. What music does Dr. Lecter request?
(a) "Jesus Christ Superstar".
(b) "La Traviata".
(c) "Requiem In C Minor".
(d) "Goldberg Variations".
9. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Belvedere, OH.
(b) Hollywood, CA.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) Wheeling, WV.
10. What type of dog is Precious?
11. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) The lights go out.
(b) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
(c) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(d) The dog starts barking.
12. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
(b) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(c) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(d) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
13. Jame Gumb tells Clarice that Mrs. Lippman is where?
(a) New Mexico.
(c) South Bend.
14. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
(b) Cow brains.
(d) Cowboy's Best Hide Tanner.
15. What tragic event takes place in Chapter 45?
(a) Jack Crawford has a heart attack.
(b) Dr. Lecter captures and kills Clarice.
(c) Clarice gets shot.
(d) Bella Crawford dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
2. What does Jame Gumb always do before "harvesting a hide"?
3. In Chapter 41, how does Catherine Martin try to get Jame Gumb to let her out of the pit?
4. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
5. Where is the Hostage Rescue Team going to apprehend Buffalo Bill?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)