|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(b) She gets to keep Precious.
(c) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(d) She is getting a medal for bravery.
2. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because she wants to.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
(c) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
(d) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
3. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(b) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(c) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(d) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
4. What ailment does Dr. Lecter say that Billy Rubin once had?
(d) Elephant ivory anthrax.
5. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(b) A gas lantern.
(c) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(d) Strategically placed torches.
6. What is the name of Frederica Bimmel's best friend?
(a) John Grant.
(b) Ardelia Mapp.
(c) Stacy Hubka.
(d) Bonnie Dodger.
7. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(c) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
(d) Having bad fashion sense.
8. Who is John Grant?
(a) Jack Crawford's father-in-law.
(b) Clarice's boyfriend.
(c) Jame Gumb's brother.
(d) An alias that Jame Gumb used.
9. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
(a) A refrigerator.
(b) A washing machine.
(c) A car.
(d) A sewing machine.
10. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) His tongue.
(c) Pembry's face.
(d) Boyle's fingers.
11. In Chapter 43, what is the name of Dr. Lecter's latest victim?
(a) Lloyd Wyman.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Kimberly Emberg.
(d) Frederica Bimmel.
12. In Chapter 56, why does Jame Gumb decide to kill Catherine Martin?
(a) To get back at Senator Martin.
(b) To save his dog.
(c) It is time to "harvest" her.
(d) To shut her up.
13. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(b) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(c) She was weighted down.
(d) She was dismembered.
14. What happened to Buffalo Bill's victims who were kept in the back rooms of his basement?
(a) Many were walled up in rooms while they were still alive.
(b) They were brutally tortured and electrocuted.
(c) They were chained to the wall and allowed to slowly starve to death.
(d) They were left suspended from the ceiling until they died.
15. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Evil laughter over the loudspeaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
2. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
3. Dr. Lecter tells Senator Martin that she shouldn't trust Jack Crawford for what reason?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
5. Dr. Lecter leaves a cipher which spells out the biochemical formula C33 H36 N4 O6. What is this the chemical formula for?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)