|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
(b) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
(c) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(d) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
2. What is Catherine Martin's mantra while she is in the pit?
(a) "Balls and eyes."
(b) "Ohm, ohm, ohm."
(c) "Mama will save me."
(d) "It's only a dream."
3. In Chapter 43, where is Dr. Lecter?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) St. Thomas.
(c) St. Augustine.
(d) St. Martin.
4. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Chicago, IL.
(b) Wheeling, WV.
(c) Hollywood, CA.
(d) Belvedere, OH.
5. Who does Clarice call to tell about Buffalo Bill's sewing talents?
(a) Paul Krendler.
(b) Jerry Burroughs.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Dr. Lecter.
6. What does Clarice tell Catherine Martin when she begs Clarice to get her out of the pit?
(a) To climb the pit's wall.
(b) To grab her hand.
(c) To shut up and quiet the dog.
(d) That her mom is on the way.
7. What is different about the way Frederica's body was discarded compared to Buffalo Bill's other victims?
(a) She was discarded in back of an abandoned building.
(b) She had a tarp wrapped around her.
(c) She was weighted down.
(d) She was dismembered.
8. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
(a) A liverworst sandwich.
(b) His tongue.
(c) Boyle's fingers.
(d) Pembry's face.
9. Jack Crawford explains the key to being a good leader to Clarice. What does he say the key is?
(a) Following directions and not making trouble.
(b) Making deals with the devil.
(c) Breaking the rules and following one's own path.
(d) Managing one's rage and frustration.
10. Of what did Senator Martin accuse Clarice?
(b) Having bad fashion sense.
(d) Having an affair with Jack Crawford.
11. Whom does Senator Martin choose to head up the investigation in Chapter 32?
(a) Jack Crawford from the FBI.
(b) Another woman, Clarice Starling.
(c) Paul Krendler from the Justice Department.
(d) The head of the Secret Service.
12. What happens while Clarice is looking for Jame Gumb in the basement?
(a) She runs into Jame Gumb.
(b) The dog starts barking.
(c) The lights go out.
(d) A bunch of moths fly in her face.
13. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He demands her gun and badge.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
14. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) She gets to keep Precious.
(b) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(c) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(d) She is getting a medal for bravery.
15. In Chapter 48, why does Clarice tell Jack Crawford that she should continue with the investigation?
(a) Because Clarice doesn't want to go back to school.
(b) Because there is no female representation in the investigation.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter insists.
(d) Because she wants to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
2. Why does Jame Gumb invite Clarice into his house?
3. In Chapter 42, who calls Jack Crawford with information about an urgent bulletin?
4. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
5. Dr. Lecter checks into the elegant Marcus Hotel. What is special about this hotel?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)