|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
(b) She is desperate to find her daughter.
(c) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
(d) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
2. What does Jack Crawford tell Clarice that Dr. Lecter did prior to his imprisonment?
(a) Dr. Lecter used to do surgery on injured FBI agents.
(b) Dr. Lecter used to be Jack Crawford's personal physician.
(c) Dr. Lecter used to do psychiatric evaluations for the courts.
(d) Dr. Lecter used to be the FBI's leading criminal profiler.
3. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
(b) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
(c) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
(d) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
4. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) Slowly, with much torture.
(b) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(c) A stiletto knife through the heart.
5. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
(b) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
(c) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
(d) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
6. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) She uses jacks from her car.
(b) She props it up with a stick.
(c) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
(d) She drives her car through it.
7. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
(a) It has all the comforts of home.
(b) There are fava beans and a nice Chianti on the table.
(c) It is completely surrounded in Plexiglas.
(d) It has a double layer of prison bars and a nylon net.
8. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
(a) It has been freshly laundered.
(b) It is neatly buttoned and folded.
(c) It is slit up the back.
(d) It is cut to ribbons.
9. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(b) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(c) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
(d) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
10. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(b) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(c) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(d) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
11. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) His gourmet dinner.
(b) Clean towels.
(c) Years of decent treatment.
(d) A pencil and a piece of paper.
12. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(b) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(c) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
(d) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
13. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
14. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(c) Clarice Starling.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
15. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He decorates her room with bright colors.
(b) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
(c) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
(d) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
2. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
3. How does Miggs die?
4. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
5. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)