|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Jerry Burroughs.
(d) Dr. Bloom.
2. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter knows about Buffalo Bill?
(a) Buffalo Bill's true identity.
(b) Buffalo Bill's mode of transportation.
(c) Buffalo Bill's reason for killing.
(d) Buffalo Bill's favorite meal.
3. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(b) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(c) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(d) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
4. What did Jame Gumb do to Klaus?
(a) Killed him and made an apron from his skin.
(b) Turned him into the police for burglary.
(c) Hit him with a car.
(d) Dated and dumped him.
5. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
(b) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
(c) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
(d) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
6. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
(a) Visit the hospital again in another week.
(b) He insists she tape her interview with Dr. Lecter and share it with him.
(c) Ask Dr. Lecter to reveal his sources.
(d) Allow him to escort her to the hospital ball.
7. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
(a) By performing a karate move on Dr. Chilton.
(b) By lifting a 20 lb weight with one hand.
(c) By pulling the trigger of her firearm ninety times in a minute.
(d) By taking a two hour written test without a hand cramp.
8. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
(a) Hannibal the Cannibal.
(b) Lecter the Specter.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Dr. Death.
9. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
(a) With a key.
(b) She can't open them.
(c) With a crowbar.
(d) With some de-icer and motor oil.
10. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(b) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(c) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(d) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
11. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Jame Gumb.
12. What kind of insect does the Erebus odora cocoon belong to?
(a) The Monarch Butterfly.
(b) The Skinner Butterfly.
(c) The Darius Moth.
(d) The Black Witch Moth.
13. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
(a) It has a double layer of prison bars and a nylon net.
(b) It is completely surrounded in Plexiglas.
(c) There are fava beans and a nice Chianti on the table.
(d) It has all the comforts of home.
14. Describe Dr. Lecter's "lodgings" and "uniform" while his cell is being cleaned.
(a) Bound to a mover's hand truck with a straightjacket, leg restraints, canvas webbing, and over his face, a hockey mask.
(b) He is locked in a plexiglass box wearing only underwear.
(c) He is moved to another cell, wearing the typical hospital whites.
(d) He is cuffed to a pole, wearing a straightjacket and a gag.
15. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
(a) The document must be made of soft paper and free of staples and paper clips, and she cannot give him either a pen or pencil.
(b) The document must be handwritten.
(c) The document must be edited so the inmate is not given information he can use against the hospital.
(d) There are no special rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Buffalo Bill abduct his latest victim in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
3. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
4. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
5. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)