|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(b) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Suicide by hanging.
(d) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
2. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
(b) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
(c) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
(d) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
3. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
(a) In a dark, windowless room.
(b) In a wooden box under his bed.
(c) In a cage made with chicken wire.
(d) In a deep pit.
4. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) A pencil and a piece of paper.
(b) His gourmet dinner.
(c) Clean towels.
(d) Years of decent treatment.
5. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
(a) It has a double layer of prison bars and a nylon net.
(b) It has all the comforts of home.
(c) There are fava beans and a nice Chianti on the table.
(d) It is completely surrounded in Plexiglas.
6. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) Riker's Island.
(c) The Grand Caymans.
(d) Plum Island.
7. Whose spouse is dying, forcing that character to keep vigil at the spouse's bedside?
(b) Jack Crawford's.
(c) Benjamin Raspail's.
(d) Clarice Starling's.
8. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
(a) That Dr. Chilton and Clarice are having an affair.
(b) That Senator Martin's deal is a fake, and Dr. Lecter will never see the sunlight again.
(c) That Dr. Chilton will find the special book that Dr. Lecter wants if he will only share his knowledge about Buffalo Bill.
(d) That he can't wait to break him and see him squirm.
9. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
(a) Vicks VapoRub.
(b) Glade air freshener.
(c) Surgical masks.
10. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
(b) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
(c) The FBI's private boat.
(d) The FBI's private plane.
11. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
(a) It is cut to ribbons.
(b) It is neatly buttoned and folded.
(c) It has been freshly laundered.
(d) It is slit up the back.
12. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
13. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
(a) Lecter the Specter.
(b) Hannibal the Cannibal.
(c) Dr. Death.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
14. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
(a) She repeats her daughter's name.
(b) She asks Buffalo Bill to let her daughter call home.
(c) She offers Buffalo Bill all of her daughter's money.
(d) She shows pictures of her daughter as a child.
15. How does Miggs die?
(a) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
(b) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(c) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
(d) He swallows his own tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
2. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
3. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
4. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
5. What does Jack Crawford tell Clarice that Dr. Lecter did prior to his imprisonment?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)