|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name given to the serial killer that Clarice is hunting?
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jeffery Dahmer.
2. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
(a) Visit the hospital again in another week.
(b) He insists she tape her interview with Dr. Lecter and share it with him.
(c) Allow him to escort her to the hospital ball.
(d) Ask Dr. Lecter to reveal his sources.
3. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
(a) The document must be made of soft paper and free of staples and paper clips, and she cannot give him either a pen or pencil.
(b) There are no special rules.
(c) The document must be handwritten.
(d) The document must be edited so the inmate is not given information he can use against the hospital.
4. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
5. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
6. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
(a) She can't open them.
(b) With a crowbar.
(c) With some de-icer and motor oil.
(d) With a key.
7. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
(a) He cracks her over the head repeatedly with his plaster cast.
(b) He ties her to a chair with rope.
(c) He injects her with a powerful sedative.
(d) He gives her GHB.
8. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(b) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(c) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(d) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
9. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
(b) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
(c) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
(d) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
10. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She is desperate to find her daughter.
(b) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
(c) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
(d) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
11. What question does Buffalo Bill ask of the girl he abducts in Chapter 15?
(a) If she likes popcorn.
(b) If she is a Chianti drinker.
(c) If her mother knows that she is smoking hashish.
(d) If she is about a size fourteen.
12. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) Plum Island.
(b) Riker's Island.
(d) The Grand Caymans.
13. Why did Jack Crawford turn down Dr. Lecter's original offer of assistance in the Buffalo Bill case?
(a) Because Dr. Lecter was a convicted murderer.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter's first offer was not sincere.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter lied about what he knew.
(d) Because Dr. Lecter made a previous offer of assistance resulted in the near-death of an FBI agent.
14. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(b) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(c) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
(d) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
15. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Jerry Burroughs.
(d) Dr. Bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
2. What are the names of the entomologists?
3. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
4. Whose spouse is dying, forcing that character to keep vigil at the spouse's bedside?
5. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)