|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
(a) Vicks VapoRub.
(c) Surgical masks.
(d) Glade air freshener.
2. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
(b) Catherine Martin.
(c) Frederica Bimmel.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
3. Who is Benjamin Raspail?
(a) A psychiatrist who likes to play mind games with law enforcement.
(b) Starling's African-American roommate.
(c) A cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines.
(d) A flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic who disappeared in March of 1975.
4. The victims are discovered in which state?
(a) Five different states.
5. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(b) To the Museum of Natural Science.
6. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
7. In Chapter 27, what does Dr. Chilton remove from the school desk while Dr. Lecter looks on?
(a) A listening device.
(b) Dr. Lecter's personal notebook.
(c) A cigar box full of baseball cards.
(d) An old pencil box.
8. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Ardelia Mapp.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Bella Crawford.
9. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) Change in the seat cushions.
(b) A killer classic engine.
(c) Nothing but dust.
(d) A mannequin.
10. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
(a) A school desk.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A chair.
(d) A notepad.
11. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
(a) He insists she tape her interview with Dr. Lecter and share it with him.
(b) Ask Dr. Lecter to reveal his sources.
(c) Allow him to escort her to the hospital ball.
(d) Visit the hospital again in another week.
12. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Clarice Starling.
13. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) Clean towels.
(b) His gourmet dinner.
(c) Years of decent treatment.
(d) A pencil and a piece of paper.
14. What kind of insect does the Erebus odora cocoon belong to?
(a) The Black Witch Moth.
(b) The Skinner Butterfly.
(c) The Monarch Butterfly.
(d) The Darius Moth.
15. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
(a) She offers Buffalo Bill all of her daughter's money.
(b) She shows pictures of her daughter as a child.
(c) She asks Buffalo Bill to let her daughter call home.
(d) She repeats her daughter's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
2. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
3. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter knows about Buffalo Bill?
4. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
5. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)