|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(b) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
(c) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(d) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
2. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
(a) Dr. Chilton.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Clarice Starling.
(d) Jack Crawford.
3. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(b) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(c) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
(d) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
4. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
(a) Dr. Death.
(b) Lecter the Specter.
(c) Hannibal the Cannibal.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
5. What is the name of the latest victim from Chapter 15?
(a) Ardelia Louise Mapp.
(b) Clarice Starling.
(c) Catherine Baker Martin.
(d) Bella Crawford.
6. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
(a) The sweetbreads.
(b) The shepherd's pie.
(c) The vital organs.
(d) The sweetmeats.
7. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Catherine Martin.
8. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(b) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
(c) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
(d) Suicide by hanging.
9. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is in Miami Beach.
(b) It is in the British West Indies.
(c) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
(d) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
10. What kind of insect does the Erebus odora cocoon belong to?
(a) The Skinner Butterfly.
(b) The Monarch Butterfly.
(c) The Darius Moth.
(d) The Black Witch Moth.
11. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
(a) He wants Clarice to marry him.
(b) A cell with a view.
(c) More privileges.
(d) His freedom.
12. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(b) A stiletto knife through the heart.
(d) Slowly, with much torture.
13. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Ingested a human liver.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(d) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
14. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Everett Yow.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Her roommate.
15. Who keeps Clarice from getting more information from Dr. Lecter?
(b) Dr. Chilton's secretary.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
2. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
3. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
4. The victims are discovered in which state?
5. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)