|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A county sheriff.
(b) A town constable.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) A deputy.
2. What is Jame Gumb's physical description?
(a) White male, thirty-something, just above six feet, very thin with brown hair and brown eyes.
(b) White male, between the ages of 28 and 32 with blonde hair and green eyes.
(c) No physical description is provided.
(d) White male, thirty-four, six feet one inch, 205 pounds, brown and blue, no distinguishing marks.
3. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
(b) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(c) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
(d) The county coroner.
4. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
(a) His quirky sense of humor.
(b) A blank piece of paper.
(c) The wall outside of his cell.
(d) His memory and intellect.
5. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(b) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
(c) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(d) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
6. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
(a) He gives her GHB.
(b) He cracks her over the head repeatedly with his plaster cast.
(c) He ties her to a chair with rope.
(d) He injects her with a powerful sedative.
7. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(b) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
(c) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(d) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
8. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) A mannequin.
(b) Nothing but dust.
(c) A killer classic engine.
(d) Change in the seat cushions.
9. What question does Buffalo Bill ask of the girl he abducts in Chapter 15?
(a) If she likes popcorn.
(b) If she is a Chianti drinker.
(c) If she is about a size fourteen.
(d) If her mother knows that she is smoking hashish.
10. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) Her parents from San Diego.
(c) Her hashish smoking buddy.
(d) Her mother, the Senator.
11. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(b) The man died of natural causes.
(c) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(d) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
12. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
(a) A notepad.
(b) A school desk.
(c) A chair.
(d) A tape recorder.
13. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(b) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(c) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
(d) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
14. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
(a) He insists she tape her interview with Dr. Lecter and share it with him.
(b) Allow him to escort her to the hospital ball.
(c) Visit the hospital again in another week.
(d) Ask Dr. Lecter to reveal his sources.
15. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Her roommate.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Everett Yow.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. What were the organs?
2. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
3. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
4. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
5. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)