|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) A killer classic engine.
(b) A mannequin.
(c) Change in the seat cushions.
(d) Nothing but dust.
2. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
(a) Dr. Chilton.
(b) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(c) Noble Pilcher.
(d) Dr. Alan Bloom.
3. In Chapter 27, what does Dr. Chilton remove from the school desk while Dr. Lecter looks on?
(a) Dr. Lecter's personal notebook.
(b) A listening device.
(c) An old pencil box.
(d) A cigar box full of baseball cards.
4. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
(b) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(c) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(d) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
5. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
(a) Ardelia Mapp.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Bella Crawford.
(d) Brenda Shaffer.
6. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. What were the organs?
(a) The liver and the pancreas.
(b) The heart and the lungs.
(c) The liver and the brain.
(d) The thymus and the pancreas.
7. What gave Jame Gumb new hope?
(a) A love affair with Benjamin Raspail.
(b) A live butterfly in a suitcase full of dead ones.
(c) A beautifully framed picture of his mother.
(d) Validation of his homosexuality.
8. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
(a) A substantial raise with enticing benefits.
(b) The use of a Lear jet so he can fly home each night to be with his ailing wife.
(c) A job advancement.
(d) The opportunity to get his name in the paper.
9. What question does Buffalo Bill ask of the girl he abducts in Chapter 15?
(a) If she is a Chianti drinker.
(b) If she likes popcorn.
(c) If she is about a size fourteen.
(d) If her mother knows that she is smoking hashish.
10. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He decorates her room with bright colors.
(b) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
(c) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
(d) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
11. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(b) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(c) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(d) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
12. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
13. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(b) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(c) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(d) Ingested a human liver.
14. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Her roommate.
(b) Everett Yow.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Jack Crawford.
15. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
(b) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
(c) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
(d) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
2. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
3. What is "Blue Canoe?"
4. In Chapter 6, Clarice receives permission to explore what?
5. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)