|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) Suicide by hanging.
(b) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
(c) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
(d) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
2. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(c) To the Museum of Natural Science.
3. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
(b) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
(c) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
(d) He decorates her room with bright colors.
4. Where does Clarice take the bug cocoon for identification?
(a) The Entomology department at the Smithsonian.
(b) The Ancient Beetles of Egypt Department at the Smithsonian.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Museum of Natural Science.
5. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
(a) A substantial raise with enticing benefits.
(b) The opportunity to get his name in the paper.
(c) A job advancement.
(d) The use of a Lear jet so he can fly home each night to be with his ailing wife.
6. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Ted Bundy.
7. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
(b) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(c) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(d) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
8. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
(a) In a cage made with chicken wire.
(b) In a deep pit.
(c) In a wooden box under his bed.
(d) In a dark, windowless room.
9. What is the name of Jame Gumb's poodle?
10. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Ardelia Mapp.
(b) Bella Crawford.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jame Gumb.
11. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(a) Clarice Starling.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
12. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
(a) She visits the victim's family.
(b) She visits the stacks of the local library.
(c) She contacts the Baltimore police and goes through their files.
(d) She goes back to Quantico and accesses microfilm.
13. What does Clarice find in the jar that is in the Packard?
(a) A collection of butterflies.
(c) A real human head.
(d) Preserved pig fetuses.
14. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
(a) Senator Martin and Dr. Chilton.
(b) Senator Martin and Jack Crawford.
(c) Dr. Chilton and Clarice.
(d) Clarice and Jack Crawford.
15. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(b) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
(c) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(d) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
2. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
3. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
4. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
5. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)