|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Ardelia Mapp.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Bella Crawford.
2. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
(b) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(c) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(d) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
3. What is the name of the latest victim from Chapter 15?
(a) Catherine Baker Martin.
(b) Clarice Starling.
(c) Ardelia Louise Mapp.
(d) Bella Crawford.
4. Where does Clarice take the bug cocoon for identification?
(a) The Ancient Beetles of Egypt Department at the Smithsonian.
(b) The Entomology department at the Smithsonian.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Museum of Natural Science.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
6. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
(c) Have her mother send money.
(d) Tell him that he's beautiful.
7. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
(a) Dr. Lecter's patient notes.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A valentine.
(d) A collection of 8-track tapes.
8. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
(a) In a deep pit.
(b) In a dark, windowless room.
(c) In a wooden box under his bed.
(d) In a cage made with chicken wire.
9. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) The Grand Caymans.
(c) Riker's Island.
(d) Plum Island.
10. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
11. What does Clarice find in the jar that is in the Packard?
(a) A real human head.
(b) Preserved pig fetuses.
(d) A collection of butterflies.
12. How does Miggs die?
(a) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
(b) He swallows his own tongue.
(c) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
(d) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
13. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
(a) Her fall from a tree when she was a small child.
(b) The car accident that claimed the lives of her parents.
(c) Her family's move to a town far away from her friends.
(d) The death of her father at the hands of drug addicted burglars.
14. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A deputy.
(b) A county sheriff.
(c) A town constable.
(d) A night watchman.
15. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
(a) She parks her car in front of the door.
(b) She puts a tarp over the entrance.
(c) She doesn't try to keep it from being disturbed.
(d) She threatens the men with a jack handle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
2. In Chapter 6, Clarice receives permission to explore what?
3. What are the names of the entomologists?
4. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
5. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)