|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(d) Jame Gumb.
2. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
(a) A substantial raise with enticing benefits.
(b) The opportunity to get his name in the paper.
(c) A job advancement.
(d) The use of a Lear jet so he can fly home each night to be with his ailing wife.
3. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Clarice Starling.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
4. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
(a) The car accident that claimed the lives of her parents.
(b) Her fall from a tree when she was a small child.
(c) The death of her father at the hands of drug addicted burglars.
(d) Her family's move to a town far away from her friends.
5. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) His gourmet dinner.
(b) A pencil and a piece of paper.
(c) Clean towels.
(d) Years of decent treatment.
6. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
(a) The sweetbreads.
(b) The shepherd's pie.
(c) The sweetmeats.
(d) The vital organs.
7. What is Jame Gumb's physical description?
(a) White male, thirty-something, just above six feet, very thin with brown hair and brown eyes.
(b) No physical description is provided.
(c) White male, thirty-four, six feet one inch, 205 pounds, brown and blue, no distinguishing marks.
(d) White male, between the ages of 28 and 32 with blonde hair and green eyes.
8. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(b) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
(c) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(d) The man died of natural causes.
9. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
(a) Her parents from San Diego.
(b) Her hashish smoking buddy.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) Her mother, the Senator.
10. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
(a) Because he believes Dr. Lecter lied about the how, why and by whom of Klaus' death.
(b) Because he wants to get Clarice out of the way, and he thinks getting her to talk to Dr. Lecter will do just that.
(c) Because he thinks Dr. Lecter can teach Clarice some profiling skills.
(d) Because he thinks Clarice can get Dr. Lecter to tell her who Buffalo Bill really is.
11. What is Dr. Lecter's nickname?
(a) Hannibal the Cannibal.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Dr. Death.
(d) Lecter the Specter.
12. What gave Jame Gumb new hope?
(a) Validation of his homosexuality.
(b) A love affair with Benjamin Raspail.
(c) A beautifully framed picture of his mother.
(d) A live butterfly in a suitcase full of dead ones.
13. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(b) To the Museum of Natural Science.
14. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
(d) Chewed gum.
15. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
(a) Catherine Martin.
(b) Andrea Bates.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the entomologists?
2. Whose spouse is dying, forcing that character to keep vigil at the spouse's bedside?
3. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
4. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
5. The victims are discovered in which state?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)