|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
2. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) She uses jacks from her car.
(b) She props it up with a stick.
(c) She drives her car through it.
(d) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
3. What does Jack Crawford think the FBI will need to do in order to convince Dr. Lecter to assist them in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
(a) Offer Dr. Lecter a large sum of money as a reward.
(b) Simply ask Dr. Lecter for his assistance on the case.
(c) Allow Dr. Lecter to take "field trips" every three months.
(d) Appeal to Dr. Lecter's intellect and vanity.
4. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
5. What happened to Benjamin Raspail's car?
(a) It was sold three times and finally tracked to the latest owner.
(b) It was smashed into a cube.
(c) It was sold to a reckless teenager who wrecked it.
(d) It was parked in an impound lot and forgotten.
6. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
7. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
(a) The sweetmeats.
(b) The sweetbreads.
(c) The vital organs.
(d) The shepherd's pie.
8. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A chair.
(c) A school desk.
(d) A notepad.
9. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
(b) Dr. Chilton's secretary.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
10. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
(a) He ties her to a chair with rope.
(b) He cracks her over the head repeatedly with his plaster cast.
(c) He gives her GHB.
(d) He injects her with a powerful sedative.
11. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
(a) Her parents from San Diego.
(b) Her hashish smoking buddy.
(c) Her mother, the Senator.
(d) Her ex-boyfriend.
12. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A week.
13. What is the name of the man in the Packard?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Everett Yow.
14. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(b) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(c) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(d) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
15. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A deputy.
(b) A town constable.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) A county sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
2. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
3. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
4. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
5. In Chapter 6, Clarice receives permission to explore what?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)