|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
(a) It is slit up the back.
(b) It is cut to ribbons.
(c) It has been freshly laundered.
(d) It is neatly buttoned and folded.
2. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A town constable.
(b) A deputy.
(c) A night watchman.
(d) A county sheriff.
3. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
(a) A substantial raise with enticing benefits.
(b) The use of a Lear jet so he can fly home each night to be with his ailing wife.
(c) A job advancement.
(d) The opportunity to get his name in the paper.
4. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) A stiletto knife through the heart.
(b) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(c) Slowly, with much torture.
5. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(b) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(c) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(d) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
6. Why did Jack Crawford turn down Dr. Lecter's original offer of assistance in the Buffalo Bill case?
(a) Because Dr. Lecter made a previous offer of assistance resulted in the near-death of an FBI agent.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter's first offer was not sincere.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter was a convicted murderer.
(d) Because Dr. Lecter lied about what he knew.
7. What is Clarice doing in Chapter 1 when she is called to the Section Chief's office?
(a) She is sitting in her Pinto, gathering her thoughts.
(b) She is practicing at the firing range.
(c) She is preparing a questionnaire for an interview.
(d) She is flirting with the hospital director.
8. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) The county coroner.
(b) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
(c) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(d) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
9. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) Suicide by hanging.
(b) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(c) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
(d) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
10. How does Miggs die?
(a) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(b) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
(c) He swallows his own tongue.
(d) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
11. What is the name of Jame Gumb's poodle?
12. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) In a normal voice.
(b) In a high falsetto voice.
(c) In a deep baritone voice.
(d) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
13. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
14. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
(b) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
(c) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
(d) She is desperate to find her daughter.
15. The last time that Barney was sent away, what happened?
(a) Dr. Lecter savaged a nurse.
(b) Dr. Chilton tortured Dr. Lecter.
(c) Dr. Chilton gave Dr. Lecter a book.
(d) Dr. Lecter escaped but was soon recaptured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Benjamin Raspail?
2. In Chapter 27, what does Dr. Chilton remove from the school desk while Dr. Lecter looks on?
3. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
4. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
5. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)