|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The victims are discovered in which state?
(d) Five different states.
2. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
(a) Dr. Lecter's euphemism for an idiot.
(b) The image of one's parent, buried in the unconscious mind of an infant.
(c) An unclear or cloudy image causing a person to think he/she is hallucinating.
(d) A vague image of the past, made clearer through hypnosis.
3. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
(a) Her mother, the Senator.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her parents from San Diego.
(d) Her hashish smoking buddy.
4. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
(a) That Senator Martin's deal is a fake, and Dr. Lecter will never see the sunlight again.
(b) That he can't wait to break him and see him squirm.
(c) That Dr. Chilton and Clarice are having an affair.
(d) That Dr. Chilton will find the special book that Dr. Lecter wants if he will only share his knowledge about Buffalo Bill.
5. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Tell him that he's beautiful.
(c) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
(d) Have her mother send money.
6. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(b) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(c) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(d) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
7. What question does Buffalo Bill ask of the girl he abducts in Chapter 15?
(a) If her mother knows that she is smoking hashish.
(b) If she likes popcorn.
(c) If she is about a size fourteen.
(d) If she is a Chianti drinker.
8. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
(a) Ardelia Mapp.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Brenda Shaffer.
(d) Bella Crawford.
9. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
(a) Clarice Starling.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
(d) Jack Crawford.
10. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
(b) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
(c) It was a dog breeding farm.
(d) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
11. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(b) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(c) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(d) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
12. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(d) To the Museum of Natural Science.
13. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
14. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(b) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
(c) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(d) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
15. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
(a) Clarice and Jack Crawford.
(b) Senator Martin and Dr. Chilton.
(c) Dr. Chilton and Clarice.
(d) Senator Martin and Jack Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarice find in the jar that is in the Packard?
2. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
3. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
4. What is the name of the renowned serial killer psychology expert who is interviewed by the newsmen covering the Senator's daughter's kidnapping?
5. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)