|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
(a) Her parents from San Diego.
(b) Her hashish smoking buddy.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) Her mother, the Senator.
2. What question does Buffalo Bill ask of the girl he abducts in Chapter 15?
(a) If she is a Chianti drinker.
(b) If her mother knows that she is smoking hashish.
(c) If she likes popcorn.
(d) If she is about a size fourteen.
3. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
(a) The vital organs.
(b) The shepherd's pie.
(c) The sweetbreads.
(d) The sweetmeats.
4. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
(b) Andrea Bates.
(c) Catherine Martin.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
5. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
(a) An unclear or cloudy image causing a person to think he/she is hallucinating.
(b) A vague image of the past, made clearer through hypnosis.
(c) The image of one's parent, buried in the unconscious mind of an infant.
(d) Dr. Lecter's euphemism for an idiot.
6. Why did Jack Crawford turn down Dr. Lecter's original offer of assistance in the Buffalo Bill case?
(a) Because Dr. Lecter's first offer was not sincere.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter lied about what he knew.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter was a convicted murderer.
(d) Because Dr. Lecter made a previous offer of assistance resulted in the near-death of an FBI agent.
7. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. What were the organs?
(a) The liver and the pancreas.
(b) The liver and the brain.
(c) The heart and the lungs.
(d) The thymus and the pancreas.
8. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(b) Clarice Starling.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Jack Crawford.
9. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(b) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(c) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(d) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
10. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
(a) An insignificant ant.
(b) An opportunistic crow.
(c) A glue factory bound horse.
(d) A preening rooster.
11. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) The FBI's private boat.
(b) The FBI's private plane.
(c) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
(d) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
12. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
(a) That Senator Martin's deal is a fake, and Dr. Lecter will never see the sunlight again.
(b) That Dr. Chilton and Clarice are having an affair.
(c) That he can't wait to break him and see him squirm.
(d) That Dr. Chilton will find the special book that Dr. Lecter wants if he will only share his knowledge about Buffalo Bill.
13. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
(a) A valentine.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A collection of 8-track tapes.
(d) Dr. Lecter's patient notes.
14. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
(a) Because he thinks Clarice can get Dr. Lecter to tell her who Buffalo Bill really is.
(b) Because he thinks Dr. Lecter can teach Clarice some profiling skills.
(c) Because he wants to get Clarice out of the way, and he thinks getting her to talk to Dr. Lecter will do just that.
(d) Because he believes Dr. Lecter lied about the how, why and by whom of Klaus' death.
15. How does Miggs die?
(a) He swallows his own tongue.
(b) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(c) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
(d) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
2. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
3. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
4. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
5. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)