|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
(b) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(c) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(d) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
2. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
(a) She goes back to Quantico and accesses microfilm.
(b) She visits the stacks of the local library.
(c) She contacts the Baltimore police and goes through their files.
(d) She visits the victim's family.
3. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
(a) The press.
(b) The Baltimore police department.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
4. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(b) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(c) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
(d) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
5. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
(a) She threatens the men with a jack handle.
(b) She puts a tarp over the entrance.
(c) She doesn't try to keep it from being disturbed.
(d) She parks her car in front of the door.
6. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
(a) With a crowbar.
(b) With some de-icer and motor oil.
(c) With a key.
(d) She can't open them.
7. Buffalo Bill has how many known victims?
8. What is the name of Jame Gumb's poodle?
9. What is the name of the FBI trainee selected to assist with the serial killer investigation?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Clarice Starling.
(c) Jack Crawford.
10. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
(b) It was a dog breeding farm.
(c) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
(d) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
11. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
(b) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
(c) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
(d) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
12. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He decorates her room with bright colors.
(b) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
(c) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
(d) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
13. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
(a) Clarice Starling.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Jack Crawford.
14. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) The FBI's private boat.
(b) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
(c) The FBI's private plane.
(d) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
15. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(b) Slowly, with much torture.
(c) A stiletto knife through the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
2. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
3. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
4. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
5. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)