|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man in the Packard?
(b) Everett Yow.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
(d) Jack Crawford.
2. What is the name given to the serial killer that Clarice is hunting?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jeffery Dahmer.
3. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
(b) A vest with female breasts on it.
(c) A new car.
(d) A butterfly collection.
4. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Ted Bundy.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Jame Gumb.
5. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(b) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(c) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(d) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
6. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
(a) That Senator Martin's deal is a fake, and Dr. Lecter will never see the sunlight again.
(b) That he can't wait to break him and see him squirm.
(c) That Dr. Chilton will find the special book that Dr. Lecter wants if he will only share his knowledge about Buffalo Bill.
(d) That Dr. Chilton and Clarice are having an affair.
7. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
(a) She threatens the men with a jack handle.
(b) She parks her car in front of the door.
(c) She puts a tarp over the entrance.
(d) She doesn't try to keep it from being disturbed.
8. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is in Miami Beach.
(b) It is in the British West Indies.
(c) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
(d) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
9. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Catherine Martin.
(d) Benjamin Raspail.
10. Why did the Senator offer Dr. Lecter special privileges for his assistance in finding her daughter?
(a) She is not aware that special privileges have been offered in her name.
(b) She is desperate to find her daughter.
(c) The Senator thinks that no one other than Dr. Lecter will be able to solve this case.
(d) She knows that Dr. Lecter will do anything for publicity.
11. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
(a) A cell with a view.
(b) More privileges.
(c) He wants Clarice to marry him.
(d) His freedom.
12. What is Clarice doing in Chapter 1 when she is called to the Section Chief's office?
(a) She is sitting in her Pinto, gathering her thoughts.
(b) She is practicing at the firing range.
(c) She is flirting with the hospital director.
(d) She is preparing a questionnaire for an interview.
13. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
14. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(b) The man died of natural causes.
(c) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(d) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
15. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(b) Ingested a human liver.
(c) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(d) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Danielson?
2. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
3. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
4. How does Miggs die?
5. Whose spouse is dying, forcing that character to keep vigil at the spouse's bedside?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)