|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buffalo Bill has how many known victims?
2. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
(b) In a normal voice.
(c) In a deep baritone voice.
(d) In a high falsetto voice.
3. What did Jame Gumb do to Klaus?
(a) Killed him and made an apron from his skin.
(b) Dated and dumped him.
(c) Hit him with a car.
(d) Turned him into the police for burglary.
4. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
(b) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
(c) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
(d) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
5. Dr. Lecter gave Clarice Klaus's cause of death. What did he say it was?
(a) Auto-erotic asphyxiation during sex with Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Suicide by hanging.
(c) He was shot during a robbery at a convenience store.
(d) He was poisoned by an angry former lover.
6. What does Catherine see that finally brings home the identity of her abductor?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A broken, bloody fingernail with glitter nail polish.
(c) A bucket of buffalo wing bones.
(d) A broken cast.
7. Why does Clarice believe the dead girl is from town rather than a country girl?
(a) She has multiple ear piercings and glitter nail polish.
(b) She has a mohawk.
(c) She is wearing stiletto heels.
(d) She is carrying a driver's license with her address on it.
8. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
(a) Chewed gum.
9. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
(a) He injects her with a powerful sedative.
(b) He ties her to a chair with rope.
(c) He gives her GHB.
(d) He cracks her over the head repeatedly with his plaster cast.
10. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
(b) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
(c) He decorates her room with bright colors.
(d) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
11. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(b) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(c) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
(d) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
12. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
(a) Jerry Burroughs.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Dr. Bloom.
13. Who is Benjamin Raspail?
(a) A flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic who disappeared in March of 1975.
(b) Starling's African-American roommate.
(c) A psychiatrist who likes to play mind games with law enforcement.
(d) A cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines.
14. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
(a) It has all the comforts of home.
(b) There are fava beans and a nice Chianti on the table.
(c) It has a double layer of prison bars and a nylon net.
(d) It is completely surrounded in Plexiglas.
15. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
2. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
3. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
4. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
5. What is the name given to the serial killer that Clarice is hunting?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)