|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
(b) It was a dog breeding farm.
(c) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
(d) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
2. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(b) To the Museum of Natural Science.
3. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. Clarice's background in meat processing allows her to recognize these organs as what?
(a) The sweetbreads.
(b) The sweetmeats.
(c) The shepherd's pie.
(d) The vital organs.
4. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(b) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(c) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
(d) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
5. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(b) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(c) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(d) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
6. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Bella Crawford.
(c) Ardelia Mapp.
(d) Jame Gumb.
7. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The press.
(c) The Baltimore police department.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
8. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) Years of decent treatment.
(b) A pencil and a piece of paper.
(c) His gourmet dinner.
(d) Clean towels.
9. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(b) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(c) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(d) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
10. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(b) The county coroner.
(c) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
(d) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
11. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Tell him that he's beautiful.
(c) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
(d) Have her mother send money.
12. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
(b) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(c) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(d) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
13. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
(a) Benjamin Raspail.
(b) Everett Yow.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Her roommate.
14. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(b) Jame Gumb.
(c) Ted Bundy.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
15. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) In a deep baritone voice.
(b) In a normal voice.
(c) In a high falsetto voice.
(d) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
2. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
3. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
4. Dr. Lecter tells Dr. Chilton that Buffalo Bill's first name is what?
5. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)