|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine see that finally brings home the identity of her abductor?
(a) A poodle.
(b) A broken, bloody fingernail with glitter nail polish.
(c) A bucket of buffalo wing bones.
(d) A broken cast.
2. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
(b) Vicks VapoRub.
(c) Surgical masks.
(d) Glade air freshener.
3. Who is Dr. Danielson?
(a) Head of the Gender Identity Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
(b) The county coroner.
(c) The emergency room doctor who treated Buffalo Bill's first victim.
(d) Director of the psychiatric clinic where Dr. Lecter will be moved.
4. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
(a) In a dark, windowless room.
(b) In a wooden box under his bed.
(c) In a cage made with chicken wire.
(d) In a deep pit.
5. What does Clarice find inside the Packard?
(a) A killer classic engine.
(b) Change in the seat cushions.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) Nothing but dust.
6. The victims are discovered in which state?
(a) Five different states.
7. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
(a) Clarice and Jack Crawford.
(b) Senator Martin and Jack Crawford.
(c) Senator Martin and Dr. Chilton.
(d) Dr. Chilton and Clarice.
8. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
(b) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
(c) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
(d) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
9. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
(b) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(c) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(d) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
10. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
(b) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
(c) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
(d) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
11. Who killed Benjamin Raspail and why?
(a) Dr. Lecter killed Benjamin Raspail because he was whiny and making no progress.
(b) Jack Crawford killed Benjamin Raspail because he tried to get away.
(c) Benjamin Raspail is still alive.
(d) Benjamin Raspail killed himself during auto-erotic asphyxiation.
12. How does Clarice keep the crime scene in the storage room from being disturbed?
(a) She puts a tarp over the entrance.
(b) She threatens the men with a jack handle.
(c) She parks her car in front of the door.
(d) She doesn't try to keep it from being disturbed.
13. What did Jame Gumb do to Klaus?
(a) Hit him with a car.
(b) Dated and dumped him.
(c) Killed him and made an apron from his skin.
(d) Turned him into the police for burglary.
14. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He is stupid and has no idea what he is talking about.
(c) His sense of humor is rude and not to her liking.
(d) He makes inappropriate comments about the way she dresses.
15. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(b) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(c) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(d) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
2. In Chapter 6, Clarice receives permission to explore what?
3. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
4. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
5. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)