|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
(a) Clarice's phone number.
(b) Quid pro quo.
(c) A roast beef sandwich.
(d) A room with a view.
2. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
(b) It is in the British West Indies.
(c) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
(d) It is in Miami Beach.
3. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Ingested a human liver.
(d) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
4. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) She uses jacks from her car.
(b) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
(c) She drives her car through it.
(d) She props it up with a stick.
5. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
(b) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(c) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(d) The man died of natural causes.
6. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
(a) A cell with a view.
(b) His freedom.
(c) He wants Clarice to marry him.
(d) More privileges.
7. Why does Clarice believe the dead girl is from town rather than a country girl?
(a) She has multiple ear piercings and glitter nail polish.
(b) She has a mohawk.
(c) She is carrying a driver's license with her address on it.
(d) She is wearing stiletto heels.
8. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) Riker's Island.
(b) Plum Island.
(d) The Grand Caymans.
9. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
(a) Dr. Chilton.
(b) Bella Crawford.
(c) Brenda Shaffer.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
10. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) The FBI's private plane.
(b) The FBI's private boat.
(c) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
(d) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
11. How does Miggs die?
(a) He swallows his own tongue.
(b) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
(c) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(d) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
12. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
(a) In the girl's hair while looking for trace evidence.
(b) In the girl's ear while taking pictures for family identification.
(c) In the girl's vagina while doing a sexual assault work-up.
(d) Deep in the girl's throat while taking pictures for dental analysis.
13. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
(a) She shows pictures of her daughter as a child.
(b) She offers Buffalo Bill all of her daughter's money.
(c) She repeats her daughter's name.
(d) She asks Buffalo Bill to let her daughter call home.
14. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
(a) A preening rooster.
(b) An opportunistic crow.
(c) An insignificant ant.
(d) A glue factory bound horse.
15. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
(b) It was a dog breeding farm.
(c) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
(d) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the entomologists?
2. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter knows about Buffalo Bill?
3. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
4. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
5. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)