|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
(a) Unemployed, white male, living with his mother.
(b) A normal, white male with blonde hair and green eyes, with a lisp.
(c) Schizophrenic with an overactive imagination.
(d) White male, thirty-five, with a history of extreme childhood violence.
2. How does Miggs die?
(a) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
(b) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(c) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
(d) He swallows his own tongue.
3. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
(a) A week.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
4. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
(a) To the Museum of Natural Science.
5. What does Jack Crawford tell Clarice that Dr. Lecter did prior to his imprisonment?
(a) Dr. Lecter used to do psychiatric evaluations for the courts.
(b) Dr. Lecter used to do surgery on injured FBI agents.
(c) Dr. Lecter used to be the FBI's leading criminal profiler.
(d) Dr. Lecter used to be Jack Crawford's personal physician.
6. What are the names of the entomologists?
(a) Albert Roden and Catherine Martin.
(b) Benjamin Raspail and Kraus.
(c) Catherine Martin and Noble Pilcher.
(d) Noble Pilcher and Albert Roden.
7. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Catherine Martin.
(d) Andrea Bates.
8. What is the name of the man in the Packard?
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Everett Yow.
(c) Benjamin Raspail.
9. What does Dr. Lecter want in return for his help with catching the serial killer?
(a) His freedom.
(b) A cell with a view.
(c) He wants Clarice to marry him.
(d) More privileges.
10. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
(a) In Chicago with her mother and three siblings.
(b) On a horse ranch owned by her mother's cousin.
(c) In a foster home.
(d) With her grandparents.
11. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
(a) A roast beef sandwich.
(b) Clarice's phone number.
(c) A room with a view.
(d) Quid pro quo.
12. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter might have done just for fun?
(a) Killed his entire family when he was just a child.
(b) Turned loose a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
(c) Tried on women's clothing and shoes.
(d) Ingested a human liver.
13. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
(a) The Grand Caymans.
(b) Plum Island.
(d) Riker's Island.
14. How does Clarice open the frozen locks on the storage unit?
(a) With some de-icer and motor oil.
(b) With a key.
(c) With a crowbar.
(d) She can't open them.
15. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
(a) Brenda Shaffer.
(b) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Bella Crawford.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
2. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
3. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
4. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
5. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)