|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Clarice's father's true profession?
(a) A deputy.
(b) A night watchman.
(c) A county sheriff.
(d) A town constable.
2. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
(a) Allow him to escort her to the hospital ball.
(b) He insists she tape her interview with Dr. Lecter and share it with him.
(c) Ask Dr. Lecter to reveal his sources.
(d) Visit the hospital again in another week.
3. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
(a) Have her mother send money.
(b) Tell him that he's beautiful.
(d) Wash her skin and rub lotion on it.
4. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
(a) Clarice and Jack Crawford.
(b) Dr. Chilton and Clarice.
(c) Senator Martin and Jack Crawford.
(d) Senator Martin and Dr. Chilton.
5. What did Jame Gumb do to Klaus?
(a) Hit him with a car.
(b) Turned him into the police for burglary.
(c) Dated and dumped him.
(d) Killed him and made an apron from his skin.
6. What does Bella's spouse do to make her bedroom as normal as possible?
(a) He pushes two hospital beds together so he can sleep next to her.
(b) He fills the room with flowers and plants.
(c) He decorates her room with bright colors.
(d) He paints the room in warm, soothing earth tones.
7. Who is Benjamin Raspail?
(a) A cheap redneck, one generation out of the mines.
(b) A flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic who disappeared in March of 1975.
(c) Starling's African-American roommate.
(d) A psychiatrist who likes to play mind games with law enforcement.
8. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Bella Crawford.
(b) Ardelia Mapp.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Jame Gumb.
9. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
(b) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
(c) It was a dog breeding farm.
(d) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
10. How did Lecter kill Benjamin Raspail?
(a) He cut his tongue out and allowed him to bleed to death.
(b) Slowly, with much torture.
(c) A stiletto knife through the heart.
11. Buffalo Bill has how many known victims?
12. Who dumped Jame Gumb for another man?
(a) Frederica Bimmel.
(b) Benjamin Raspail.
(c) Catherine Martin.
13. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
(a) It is slit up the back.
(b) It is cut to ribbons.
(c) It has been freshly laundered.
(d) It is neatly buttoned and folded.
14. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
(b) Dr. Chilton's secretary.
(d) Dr. Chilton.
15. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(b) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(c) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
(d) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
2. Dr. Danielson agrees to discuss patient files from the Gender Identity Clinic with whom?
3. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
4. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
5. What are the names of the entomologists?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)