|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Clarice's roommate?
(a) Brenda Shaffer.
(b) Ardelia Mapp.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
(d) Bella Crawford.
2. Whose spouse is dying, forcing that character to keep vigil at the spouse's bedside?
(b) Clarice Starling's.
(c) Jack Crawford's.
(d) Benjamin Raspail's.
3. After Dr. Chilton sends everyone away, what does he tell Dr. Lecter?
(a) That Senator Martin's deal is a fake, and Dr. Lecter will never see the sunlight again.
(b) That he can't wait to break him and see him squirm.
(c) That Dr. Chilton and Clarice are having an affair.
(d) That Dr. Chilton will find the special book that Dr. Lecter wants if he will only share his knowledge about Buffalo Bill.
4. Where does Clarice take the bug cocoon for identification?
(a) The Museum of Natural Science.
(b) The Entomology department at the Smithsonian.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Ancient Beetles of Egypt Department at the Smithsonian.
5. When the roll-up door gets stuck, how does Clarice open it far enough for her to get under?
(a) She props it up with a stick.
(b) The person who accompanied her holds it open.
(c) She drives her car through it.
(d) She uses jacks from her car.
6. Why does Jack Crawford want Clarice to start talking to Dr. Lecter again?
(a) Because he thinks Dr. Lecter can teach Clarice some profiling skills.
(b) Because he believes Dr. Lecter lied about the how, why and by whom of Klaus' death.
(c) Because he wants to get Clarice out of the way, and he thinks getting her to talk to Dr. Lecter will do just that.
(d) Because he thinks Clarice can get Dr. Lecter to tell her who Buffalo Bill really is.
7. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
(a) Because of Buffalo Bill's sad childhood.
(b) Because Buffalo Bill is skinning his victims for a purpose, not for fun.
(c) Because Buffalo Bill cares about his victims.
(d) Because a sadist isn't a killer.
8. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
(a) A glue factory bound horse.
(b) An insignificant ant.
(c) A preening rooster.
(d) An opportunistic crow.
9. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
(a) In a wooden box under his bed.
(b) In a cage made with chicken wire.
(c) In a dark, windowless room.
(d) In a deep pit.
10. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(b) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(c) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(d) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
11. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) The man died of natural causes.
(b) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(c) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
(d) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
12. After her father's death when she was a child, where did Clarice live?
(a) On a horse ranch owned by her mother's cousin.
(b) In Chicago with her mother and three siblings.
(c) With her grandparents.
(d) In a foster home.
13. In Chapter 22, Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants what?
(a) A vest with female breasts on it.
(b) A new car.
(c) A butterfly collection.
(d) Freedom to be open about his sexuality.
14. What did Dr. Lecter tell Clarice she would find in the Packard?
(a) Dr. Lecter's patient notes.
(b) A valentine.
(c) A collection of 8-track tapes.
(d) A dead body.
15. In Chapter 27, what does Dr. Chilton remove from the school desk while Dr. Lecter looks on?
(a) A listening device.
(b) An old pencil box.
(c) Dr. Lecter's personal notebook.
(d) A cigar box full of baseball cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does Dr. Chilton insist Clarice do that she refuses to do?
2. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
3. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
4. What does Clarice find in the jar that is in the Packard?
5. Why doesn't Clarice like Albert Roden?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)