|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 56 - 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
(b) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
(c) He is restrained but unharmed.
(d) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
2. In Chapter 57, what is the last piece of good news that Clarice gets?
(a) Noble Pilcher has left 3 messages for her.
(b) She is getting a medal for bravery.
(c) She is going to be made an agent without finishing school.
(d) She gets to keep Precious.
3. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
(a) She contacts the Baltimore police and goes through their files.
(b) She visits the victim's family.
(c) She goes back to Quantico and accesses microfilm.
(d) She visits the stacks of the local library.
4. Who is the first to arrive at the storage facility when backup is called for?
(a) The Baltimore police department.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Dr. Chilton.
(d) The press.
5. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
(a) Dr. Chilton.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of machine does Catherine Martin hear while she is in the pit?
2. What is the name of the latest victim from Chapter 15?
3. What does Dr. Lecter feel when recalling the death of Benjamin Raspail?
4. What are the entomologists using to play chess?
5. What is the last question Jame Gumb asks Clarice?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)