|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 56 - 61.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(b) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(c) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(d) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
2. Why did Jack Crawford turn down Dr. Lecter's original offer of assistance in the Buffalo Bill case?
(a) Because Dr. Lecter's first offer was not sincere.
(b) Because Dr. Lecter made a previous offer of assistance resulted in the near-death of an FBI agent.
(c) Because Dr. Lecter was a convicted murderer.
(d) Because Dr. Lecter lied about what he knew.
3. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is in Miami Beach.
(b) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
(c) It is in the British West Indies.
(d) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
4. In Chapter 48, Clarice figures out the Buffalo Bill lives where?
(a) Wheeling, WV.
(b) Hollywood, CA.
(c) Belvedere, OH.
(d) Chicago, IL.
5. What creature from her childhood reminds Clarice of Dr. Chilton?
(a) An opportunistic crow.
(b) An insignificant ant.
(c) A glue factory bound horse.
(d) A preening rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jame Gumb use to tan his hides?
2. What kind of gun does Jame Gumb own?
3. Where does Clarice confront Jack Crawford about staying on the case?
4. What is used by the people in the morgue to mask the smell of decay?
5. What does John Brigham hope to do for Clarice once she returns to Quantico?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)