|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
(a) By taking a two hour written test without a hand cramp.
(b) By lifting a 20 lb weight with one hand.
(c) By pulling the trigger of her firearm ninety times in a minute.
(d) By performing a karate move on Dr. Chilton.
2. How does Buffalo Bill subdue his latest victim?
(a) He cracks her over the head repeatedly with his plaster cast.
(b) He gives her GHB.
(c) He ties her to a chair with rope.
(d) He injects her with a powerful sedative.
3. What is Jame Gumb's physical description?
(a) White male, thirty-four, six feet one inch, 205 pounds, brown and blue, no distinguishing marks.
(b) White male, between the ages of 28 and 32 with blonde hair and green eyes.
(c) White male, thirty-something, just above six feet, very thin with brown hair and brown eyes.
(d) No physical description is provided.
4. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(b) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
(c) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(d) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
5. What does Clarice find in the secret drawer of Catherine's jewelry box?
(a) Tickets to Rome and London for the week that she disappeared.
(c) A well worn picture of Catherine's father.
(d) Pictures of Catherine and an unknown man engaged in sexual acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the victim's apartment as Buffalo Bill is abducting her?
2. Who hits on Clarice in Chapter 2 but is immediately shot down?
3. Where does Senator Martin's offer allow Dr. Lecter to travel to once a year for vacation in return for information to help find her daughter?
4. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
5. What does Noble Pilcher tell Clarice that the word "moth" once meant?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)