|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack Crawford think the FBI will need to do in order to convince Dr. Lecter to assist them in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
(a) Appeal to Dr. Lecter's intellect and vanity.
(b) Offer Dr. Lecter a large sum of money as a reward.
(c) Simply ask Dr. Lecter for his assistance on the case.
(d) Allow Dr. Lecter to take "field trips" every three months.
2. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is in the British West Indies.
(b) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
(c) It is in Miami Beach.
(d) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
3. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
(b) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(c) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(d) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
4. What does the Senator do to try to get Buffalo Bill to see her daughter as a person, not a victim?
(a) She asks Buffalo Bill to let her daughter call home.
(b) She offers Buffalo Bill all of her daughter's money.
(c) She repeats her daughter's name.
(d) She shows pictures of her daughter as a child.
5. How does Miggs die?
(a) He tries to escape and is shot by a guard.
(b) He is attacked and stabbed by a fellow inmate.
(c) He swallows his own tongue.
(d) He hangs himself with his bed sheet in his cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buffalo Bill keep his victims?
2. What makes Senator Martin afraid that she has trusted a fool in trusting Dr. Chilton?
3. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
4. Where and how does Starling find the bug cocoon?
5. What is the name of the man in the Packard?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)