|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) Strategically placed torches.
(b) A gas lantern.
(c) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(d) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
2. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(b) He has been decapitated.
(c) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(d) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
3. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
(a) His spoon.
(b) A paperclip and the ink tube from a pen.
(c) None. He steals the key from one of the guards as he leans over.
(d) Discarded staples and a wooden spool.
4. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Jack Crawford.
(b) Ardelia Mapp.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Bella Crawford.
5. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(b) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(c) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
(d) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarice do in Chapter 4 to gather more information for her research on one of Dr. Lecter's victims?
2. In Chapter 27, what does Dr. Chilton remove from the school desk while Dr. Lecter looks on?
3. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
4. Dr. Chilton hints to Dr. Lecter that two people are having an affair. What are the names of those two people?
5. Who taught Jame Gumb how to sew?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)