|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46 - 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the brilliant serial killer housed in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane?
(a) Ted Bundy.
(b) Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
2. In psychoanalytic terms, what is an imago?
(a) An unclear or cloudy image causing a person to think he/she is hallucinating.
(b) The image of one's parent, buried in the unconscious mind of an infant.
(c) A vague image of the past, made clearer through hypnosis.
(d) Dr. Lecter's euphemism for an idiot.
3. What does Catherine see that finally brings home the identity of her abductor?
(a) A broken, bloody fingernail with glitter nail polish.
(b) A broken cast.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A bucket of buffalo wing bones.
4. What does the armoire in Jame Gumb's sewing room contain?
(a) Outfits he has sewn for Precious.
(b) His mother's keepsakes.
(c) His sewing supplies.
(d) His Special Things.
5. In Chapter 6, Clarice receives permission to explore what?
(a) Benjamin Raspail's car.
(b) The house where the latest murder took place.
(c) Buffalo Bill's back yard.
(d) Dr. Lecter's case notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FBI finds a cocoon inside another murder victim. What was the victim's name?
2. What is unique about Dr. Lecter's accommodations?
3. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
4. Clarice shares her worst memory with Dr. Lecter. What is that memory?
5. Why doesn't Dr. Lecter think that Buffalo Bill is a sadist?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)