|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
(b) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(c) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
(d) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
2. From where does the Death's-head moth originate?
(a) Outer Mongolia.
(c) The Congo.
(d) The Amazon rainforest.
3. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
(a) A blank piece of paper.
(b) The wall outside of his cell.
(c) His memory and intellect.
(d) His quirky sense of humor.
4. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
(a) In a deep baritone voice.
(b) He doesn't speak to the dog at all.
(c) In a normal voice.
(d) In a high falsetto voice.
5. The men find Dr. Lecter's body on top of the elevator. What do they realize as they bring the body through the elevator ceiling hatch?
(a) That Dr. Lecter is barely alive, but he will not survive the night.
(b) That Dr. Lecter committed suicide by jumping into the elevator shaft.
(c) That Dr. Lecter was in really good shape.
(d) That it is actually the body of Pembry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
2. What characteristic of Buffalo Bill is evident in the blouse found by the police homeless man's cart?
3. Whom does Dr. Lecter thank as he is leaving in the ambulance to be taken to Tennessee?
4. Where is Dr. Lecter moved to upon Senator Martin's orders?
5. What happens to alert the gathered officers to trouble in the courthouse?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)