|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the man in the Packard and why?
(a) Benjamin Raspail killed the man because he was unfaithful.
(b) Dr. Lecter killed the man because he was annoying.
(c) The man died of natural causes.
(d) Buffalo Bill killed the man because he stole Bill's girlfriend.
2. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) He demands her gun and badge.
(b) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
3. What does Dr. Lecter thank Barney for?
(a) A pencil and a piece of paper.
(b) Clean towels.
(c) Years of decent treatment.
(d) His gourmet dinner.
4. Describe Boyle's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He looks strangely peaceful, but he has been brutally strangled.
(b) His face is hacked to pieces, and he is partially eviscerated.
(c) He is restrained but unharmed.
(d) He has been skinned, and a bug cocoon has been left in his throat.
5. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
(a) She is rebelling and doesn't want to live in Montana.
(b) In the middle of the night, she awoke to the screaming of the spring lambs being slaughtered.
(c) She doesn't get along with her foster family.
(d) She was being molested by the owner of the ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
2. What does Miggs throw at Clarice?
3. What does Dr. Lecter draw upon to entertain himself while his cell is being cleaned?
4. In Chapter 36, what does Dr. Lecter bite?
5. The flutist for the Baltimore Philharmonic was missing two organs when he was discovered. What were the organs?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)