|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Bella Crawford.
(b) Jack Crawford.
(c) Jame Gumb.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
2. What does the Senator offer to Jack Crawford to entice him into taking her daughter's case?
(a) A job advancement.
(b) A substantial raise with enticing benefits.
(c) The use of a Lear jet so he can fly home each night to be with his ailing wife.
(d) The opportunity to get his name in the paper.
3. What does Krendler do in response to Clarice's unauthorized visit to Dr. Lecter?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) He orders her to return to Quantico.
(c) He demands her gun and badge.
(d) He petitions the Office of Professional Responsibility for Clarice's suspension.
4. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(b) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
(c) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(d) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
5. The victims are discovered in which state?
(d) Five different states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
2. What prompts Clarice to run away from the dude ranch when she is a child?
3. What is the name of the Section Chief of the Behavioral Sciences department who is under considerable stress to catch the serial killer, Buffalo Bill?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Barney get for Clarice?
5. Dr. Lecter offers his "insight" on Buffalo Bill in return for what from Clarice?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)