|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the vacation spot that Senator Martin offers to Dr. Lecter in return for information to aid in the return of her daughter?
(a) It is in Miami Beach.
(b) It is the Animal Disease Center for Federal hoof and mouth disease research.
(c) It is in the British West Indies.
(d) It is the location for a famous archaeological dig.
2. What was the name of the agent who recruited Clarice? She later refers to this character as "a two-faced recruiting sergeant son of a bitch."
(a) Jame Gumb.
(b) Bella Crawford.
(c) Jack Crawford.
(d) Ardelia Mapp.
3. What is "Blue Canoe?"
(a) An affectionate nickname for Clarice's roommate.
(b) The FBI's private boat.
(c) The FBI's private plane.
(d) Jack Crawford's favorite cologne.
4. Where does Clarice meet Noble Pilcher in Chapter 40?
(a) At the Insect Zoo in the Smithsonian.
(b) At a romantic restaurant in the heart of Memphis.
(c) At a crime scene to get his professional entomological opinion.
(d) At an amusement park for a much needed getaway.
5. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
(a) He shoots them and dumps them in a ravine.
(b) He puts them in a hole and buries them up to their neck.
(c) He abducts them, calls the family for ransom, collects the money, and then kills them.
(d) He abducts them, keeps them for a week, skins them alive, and dumps them in a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
2. In Chapter 25, what specific attributes does Dr. Lecter tell Clarice to look for when hunting for Buffalo Bill?
3. Who accompanies Clarice to the storage facility?
4. What item does Barney bring for Clarice when she visits Dr. Lecter in Chapter 25?
5. How long does the FBI have before the Baltimore police department begins to "strong-arm" Dr. Lecter for information on the victim's whereabouts?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)