|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Pembry's condition when Sergeant Tate's men reach the fifth floor.
(a) He is dead, and his hands have been removed.
(b) He has been decapitated.
(c) His face is grotesquely disfigured, but he is still alive.
(d) His head has been shoved between the bars of the cage, and his face has been chewed off.
2. What does Catherine see that finally brings home the identity of her abductor?
(a) A broken, bloody fingernail with glitter nail polish.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A broken cast.
(d) A bucket of buffalo wing bones.
3. Why does Jack Crawford tell Clarice to keep any inside information from Dr. Chilton?
(a) Dr. Chilton will try to solve the case on his own.
(b) Dr. Chilton will compromise the case for his own notoriety.
(c) Dr. Chilton has been known to sell information to the tabloids.
(d) Jack Crawford thinks Dr. Chilton could be Buffalo Bill's true identity.
4. What does Buffalo Bill use to see his way around the dark, maze-like basement?
(a) An infrared flashlight and night vision goggles.
(b) A gas lantern.
(c) Pendant lights suspended from the ceiling.
(d) Strategically placed torches.
5. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
(a) Buffalo Bill is cross-dressing.
(b) Buffalo Bill is undergoing gender reassignment.
(c) Buffalo Bill is changing his appearance through plastic surgery.
(d) Buffalo Bill is making a girl suit out of real girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what materials does Dr. Lecter make a handcuff key?
2. What are the rules for giving documents to the inmate that Clarice is at the hospital to see?
3. What does Jack Crawford think the FBI will need to do in order to convince Dr. Lecter to assist them in the Buffalo Bill investigation?
4. How does Jame Gumb speak to his poodle?
5. How does Clarice demonstrate her superior hand strength?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)