|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Clarice take with her when she ran away from the ranch, and why did she take it?
(a) She takes a friend's phone number so she can call for a ride.
(b) She took her suitcase and photo album because they contained everything that reminded her of her father.
(c) She took food and water because she knew it would be a long trip.
(d) She took her favorite horse, hoping to save its life.
2. What is Clarice doing in Chapter 1 when she is called to the Section Chief's office?
(a) She is flirting with the hospital director.
(b) She is preparing a questionnaire for an interview.
(c) She is sitting in her Pinto, gathering her thoughts.
(d) She is practicing at the firing range.
3. When Clarice moved to her new home after the death of her father, what did she discover was the purpose of that location?
(a) Horses were slaughtered for glue.
(b) It was a teaching location for future veterinarians.
(c) It was a dog breeding farm.
(d) Exotic birds were raised for illegal sale.
4. Why did Clarice get angry with Jack Crawford at the funeral home?
(a) Because he made inappropriate advances toward her.
(b) Because he didn't respect her abilities even though she wasn't an official FBI agent yet.
(c) Because he didn't like what she was wearing.
(d) Because he said that the men shouldn't talk about the case in front of a woman.
5. What is Buffalo Bill's routine with his victims?
(a) He shoots them and dumps them in a ravine.
(b) He puts them in a hole and buries them up to their neck.
(c) He abducts them, calls the family for ransom, collects the money, and then kills them.
(d) He abducts them, keeps them for a week, skins them alive, and dumps them in a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Lecter tells Clarice that Buffalo Bill wants to change into a woman. What does Dr. Lecter claim that Buffalo Bill is doing to attain that goal?
2. What does Buffalo Bill demand that Catherine do, or else the hose will be turned on her?
3. The victims are discovered in which state?
4. What does Jack Crawford think that Dr. Lecter knows about Buffalo Bill?
5. Why does Clarice believe the dead girl is from town rather than a country girl?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)