Chapters 1 - 5
• Two serial killers are introduced: Dr. Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill.
• Section Chief Jack Crawford draws FBI trainee Clarice Starling into the Buffalo Bill investigation.
• The FBI is definitely a man's field, and Clarice is trying to break into that field.
• Dr. Chilton is the director of the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, the facility where Dr. Lecter is housed.
• Many of the characters, including Dr. Chilton, believe Clarice got the nod because she is having an affair with Crawford.
• Clarice interviews Dr. Lecter and gets a story about Benjamin Raspail.
• Dr. Lecter has a talent for voicing a person's worst fears and uses their discomfort to his advantage.
Chapters 6 - 10
• The information given to Clarice by Dr. Lecter needs to be verified.
• Clarice and Edward Yow go to the storage space and enter.
• Clarice is eager to prove herself to Crawford...
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)