Chapters 1 - 5
* Two serial killers are introduced: Dr. Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill.
* Section Chief Jack Crawford draws FBI trainee Clarice Starling into the Buffalo Bill investigation.
* The FBI is definitely a man's field, and Clarice is trying to break into that field.
* Dr. Chilton is the director of the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, the facility where Dr. Lecter is housed.
* Many of the characters, including Dr. Chilton, believe Clarice got the nod because she is having an affair with Crawford.
* Clarice interviews Dr. Lecter and gets a story about Benjamin Raspail.
* Dr. Lecter has a talent for voicing a person's worst fears and uses their discomfort to his advantage.
Chapters 6 - 10
* The information given to Clarice by Dr. Lecter needs to be verified.
* Clarice and Edward Yow go to the storage space and enter.
* Clarice is eager to prove herself to Crawford and enters...
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)