|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of clothing did Cage wear to visit the dentist, which the dentist asked him to remove?
(a) A hat.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A tie.
(d) Tennis shoes.
2. According to Cage, it would be act of charity for people to do what when they come across Erik Satie's records?
(a) Buy them.
(b) Give them as gifts.
(c) Steal them.
(d) Smash them.
3. One of the questions Cage asked in "Composition as Process--3" was if anyone had seen this man lately?
(a) Arnold Schoenberg.
(b) David Tudor.
(c) Christian Wolff.
(d) Meister Eckhardt.
4. The essay "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music of Changes' and 'Imaginary Landscape No. 4'" was originally published in what year?
5. In what year did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cage commissioned a school's P.E. department to play his music to accompany what?
2. What grade did Cage get in a college class the first time he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
3. Cage recalls his Aunt Marge saying she loved what more than her husband?
4. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage says he never lived in one place more than how long?
5. When was "Experimental Music" first presented?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)