|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Cage's essay on Erik Satie first appear?
2. According to Cage's essay on him, Erik Satie said who was not clumsy in his publicity?
3. Each line of text in "Composition as Process--1: Changes" was meant to be read in what time period?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) Half of a second.
(d) One second.
4. "Edgard Varese" was first published in what publication?
(a) Critical Musicology Journal.
(b) Musical Traditions.
(c) Nutida Musik.
(d) Muzica Moderna.
5. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into what other language?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cage's essay on him, Erik Satie was told he would "see" when he was how old?
2. All three parts of "Composition as Process" were given in what country?
3. According to Cage's essay, Erik Satie said he was tired of dying of what?
4. What genre of art influenced Cage?
5. In what publication did Cage's essay on Erik Satie first appear?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)