|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer wrote "The Art of the Fugue"?
(a) Nikolai Medtner.
(b) Ottorino Respighi.
(c) Karlheinz Stockhausen.
(d) Johann Sebastian Bach.
2. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
3. In what month were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
4. A portion of "Composition as Process--3: Communication" was published in what publication?
(a) Syracuse New Times.
(b) River Reporter.
(c) Ithaca Times.
(d) Village Voice.
5. According to Cage's essay, Erik Satie said he was tired of dying of what?
(b) A broken heart.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is "content, the continuity"?
2. According to Cage's essay on him, Erik Satie was told he would "see" when he was how old?
3. All three parts of "Composition as Process" were given in what country?
4. Cage had a method for bringing about unpredictability where he tossed how many coins?
5. In what year did Cage's essay on Erik Satie first appear?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)