|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What female author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) George Eliot.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charlotte Brontë.
2. In what year were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
3. Who wrote "Psychology--never again"?
(a) Franz Kafka.
(b) Wolfram von Eschenbach.
(c) Christa Wolf.
(d) Gero von Wilpert.
4. Who is the author of "Essay on Rime"?
(a) Jesse Simpson.
(b) Karl Shapiro.
(c) Andrea Del Gato.
(d) Samuel Gallina.
5. According to Cage, who had probably never given Erik Satie a thought?
(a) Nikolai Medtner.
(b) Manuel de Falla.
(c) Karlheinz Stockhausen.
(d) Ottorino Respighi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was "The Future of Music: Credo" first printed?
2. In what year was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" first published?
3. When is Cage's foreword dated?
4. The essay "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music of Changes' and 'Imaginary Landscape No. 4'" was originally published in what year?
5. Who does Cage thank at the end of his foreword?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)