|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yun Kiang met a man who acted like what animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
2. Who asked Cage why he did not give a conventional and informative lecture?
(a) Elisaveta Bagryana.
(b) M. C. Richards.
(c) Joanna Baillie.
(d) Pam Ayres.
3. What was Cage's wife's name?
4. Cage had a method for bringing about unpredictability where he tossed coins how many times?
(a) Two times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
5. Into what language was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" translated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What male author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
2. What genre of art influenced Cage?
3. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is "the means of controlling the continuity from note to note"?
4. When was "Experimental Music" first presented?
5. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)