|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
2. According to Cage, what was the method for bringing about unpredictability?
3. Into what language was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" translated?
4. What is different about the type Cage uses for "Composition as Process--2: Indeterminacy"?
(a) The font changes half way through.
(b) No punctuation is used.
(c) It is large.
(d) It is small.
5. "The Future of Music: Credo" was first printed to accompany a recording from whom?
(a) John Helen.
(b) Samuel Sawnee.
(c) George Avakian.
(d) Adam White.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cage had a method for bringing about unpredictability where he tossed coins how many times?
2. What country did Cage's dad falsely say the family would visit?
3. "Music of Changes" was originally written for what instrument?
4. What grade did Cage get in a college class the first time he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
5. Who said, "John, I dearly love you, but I can't bear another minute"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)