|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Psychology--never again"?
(a) Christa Wolf.
(b) Wolfram von Eschenbach.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) Gero von Wilpert.
2. What composer wrote "Indices"?
(a) Earle Brown.
(b) Julius Eastman.
(c) Morton Feldman.
(d) Christian Wolff.
3. Into what language was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" translated?
4. In the "Strategy" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term does Cage say "is properly mind-controlled"?
5. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is "sound and silence"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer wrote "The Art of the Fugue"?
2. What grade was Cage in when his dad mentioned a trip to another country, which never happened?
3. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into another language by whom?
4. Who said, "John, I dearly love you, but I can't bear another minute"?
5. In what year were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)