|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Strategy" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term does Cage say "may be controlled or not, as one chooses"?
2. What group asked Cage whether the American avant-garde followed the same direction as the European one?
(a) The Austrians.
(b) The Polish.
(c) The Belgians.
(d) The Germans.
3. Cage had a method for bringing about unpredictability where he tossed coins how many times?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Six times.
(d) Two times.
4. "Imaginary Landscape No. 4" was written for how many radios?
5. In what year were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cage thank at the end of his foreword?
2. Cage recalls going to the Bolshoi Ballet with whom?
3. What was the occupation of the person Cage thanks at the end of his foreword?
4. What college was Cage attending when he took a course where he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
5. When was "Experimental Music" first printed?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)