|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Forerunners of Modern Music" was first published in what journal?
(a) The Lion's Paw.
(b) The Shark's Tooth.
(c) The Crow's Beak.
(d) The Tiger's Eye.
2. In what state was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano'" first printed in English?
(d) New York.
3. "The Future of Music: Credo" was first printed to accompany a recording from whom?
(a) John Helen.
(b) Samuel Sawnee.
(c) George Avakian.
(d) Adam White.
4. Who translated "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" into another language?
(a) Earle Brown.
(b) David Tudor.
(c) Morton Feldman.
(d) Christian Wolff.
5. What group asked Cage whether the American avant-garde followed the same direction as the European one?
(a) The Austrians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Polish.
(d) The Belgians.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into what other language?
2. What university published Cage's book of lectures and essays?
3. Each line of text in "Composition as Process--1: Changes" was meant to be read in what time period?
4. All three parts of "Composition as Process" were given in what country?
5. What grade was Cage in when his dad mentioned a trip to another country, which never happened?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)