|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What female author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charlotte Brontë.
2. Cage and his wife moved to New York from where?
(d) New Orleans.
3. What group asked Cage whether the American avant-garde followed the same direction as the European one?
(a) The Polish.
(b) The Belgians.
(c) The Austrians.
(d) The Germans.
4. What country did Cage's dad falsely say the family would visit?
(b) New Zealand.
5. What composer wrote "Duo II for Pianists"?
(a) Morton Feldman.
(b) Julius Eastman.
(c) Earle Brown.
(d) Christian Wolff.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
2. Cage recalls going to the Bolshoi Ballet with whom?
3. What did Dr. Suzuki eat at dinner while everyone ate curries?
4. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
5. When was "Experimental Music" first printed?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)