|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What university published Cage's book of lectures and essays?
(a) Sarah Lawrence.
2. What genre of art influenced Cage?
(c) New Realism.
(d) Victorian Revival.
3. Who asked Cage to discuss his "Music of Changes"?
(a) Henri Pousseur.
(b) Wolfgang Steinecke.
(c) Franco Evangelisti.
(d) Luciano Berio.
4. What college was Cage attending when he took a course where he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
(a) California State University.
(b) Palo Alto College.
(c) Black Lake College.
(d) Pomona College.
5. Each line of text in "Composition as Process--1: Changes" was meant to be read in what time period?
(a) Five seconds.
(b) Two seconds.
(c) Half of a second.
(d) One second.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Suzuki eat at dinner while everyone ate curries?
2. In what month were all three parts of "Composition as Process" given?
3. What grade was Cage in when his dad mentioned a trip to another country, which never happened?
4. What grade did Cage get in a college class the first time he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
5. When was "The Future of Music: Credo" first printed?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)