|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What college was Cage attending when he took a course where he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
(a) California State University.
(b) Black Lake College.
(c) Pomona College.
(d) Palo Alto College.
2. Cage says in his foreword that he has been writing articles and giving lectures for over how many years?
3. One of the questions Cage asked in "Composition as Process--3" was if anyone had seen this man lately?
(a) Meister Eckhardt.
(b) David Tudor.
(c) Christian Wolff.
(d) Arnold Schoenberg.
4. What genre of art influenced Cage?
(b) Victorian Revival.
(c) New Realism.
5. When is Cage's foreword dated?
(a) May 1959.
(b) July 1962.
(c) April 1958.
(d) June 1961.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer wrote "Indices"?
2. What country did Cage's dad falsely say the family would visit?
3. Who is the author of "Essay on Rime"?
4. Who said he loves philosophical debates because no one wins?
5. A portion of "Composition as Process--3: Communication" was published in what publication?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)