|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said he loves philosophical debates because no one wins?
(a) Dr. Suzuki.
(b) Meister Eckhardt.
(c) Arnold Schoenberg.
(d) David Tudor.
2. What was the occupation of the person Cage thanks at the end of his foreword?
(a) Radio disc jockey.
(b) Sound mixer.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Professor of music.
3. What male author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
(a) Graham Greene.
(b) George Orwell.
(c) Kurt Vonnegut.
(d) James Joyce.
4. What university published Cage's book of lectures and essays?
(b) Sarah Lawrence.
5. Who composed "Exercises de piano"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer wrote "Duo II for Pianists"?
2. When is Cage's foreword dated?
3. What grade did Cage get in a college class the first time he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
4. What country did Cage's dad falsely say the family would visit?
5. Cage recalls going to the Bolshoi Ballet with whom?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)