|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Suzuki said after studying zen, men are men and mountains are what?
2. In what year did Cage meet Merce Cunningham?
3. "Lecture on Nothing" was written in a format where there are how many lines in each unit?
4. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is music's "divisibility into successive parts from phrases to long sections"?
5. In what year was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" first published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Cage say he grew up assuming were good for him?
2. In what city did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
3. Who asked Cage to discuss his "Music of Changes"?
4. In an after-note to "Lecture on Nothing," the author recalls the way in which he convinced a sound technician that he sounded like whom?
5. What U.S. state did Cage say is more interesting than Kansas, in "45' for a Speaker"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)