|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer wrote "Indices"?
(a) Earle Brown.
(b) Christian Wolff.
(c) Julius Eastman.
(d) Morton Feldman.
2. What did Dr. Suzuki eat at dinner while everyone ate curries?
(a) Raw fruits and vegetables.
(b) Bread pudding.
(c) Pork chops.
3. Each line of text in "Composition as Process--1: Changes" was meant to be read in what time period?
(a) One second.
(b) Half of a second.
(c) Two seconds.
(d) Five seconds.
4. Into what language was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" translated?
5. What grade did Cage get in a college class the first time he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage recalls going to a Candlelight Concert for what holiday?
2. In what year was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" first published?
3. Who had 12 tones and governed the La Domaine Musicale, according to Cage's essay on Erik Satie?
4. Cage recalls that one of Robert Rauschenberg's paintings was destroyed by what animal?
5. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage wonders why he ever lost interest in what group?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)