|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" first published?
2. What religion influenced Cage?
3. In "45' for a Speaker," Cage compares listening to Christian Wolff's music to suddenly doing what?
(b) Falling asleep.
4. According to Cage's essay on him, Erik Satie said who was not clumsy in his publicity?
5. What city was Cage in when he learned that the burning questions among students were "Where are we going?" and "What are we doing?"
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Where Are We Going? And What Are We Doing?" Cage says he never lived in one place more than how long?
2. In what state was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano'" first printed in English?
3. "Lecture on Nothing" was written in a format where there are how many measures in each line?
4. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into another language by whom?
5. What did Cage question about Erik Satie?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)