|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the questions Cage asked in "Composition as Process--3" was if anyone had seen this man lately?
(a) Meister Eckhardt.
(b) David Tudor.
(c) Arnold Schoenberg.
(d) Christian Wolff.
2. What college was Cage attending when he took a course where he wrote in the manner of Gertrude Stein?
(a) Pomona College.
(b) Black Lake College.
(c) California State University.
(d) Palo Alto College.
3. When was "Experimental Music" first printed?
4. When was "Experimental Music" first presented?
5. What female author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
(a) George Eliot.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Charlotte Brontë.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Future of Music: Credo" was first printed to accompany a recording from whom?
2. Who wrote "Psychology--never again"?
3. What university published Cage's book of lectures and essays?
4. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
5. Who did Yun Kiang meet while rambling to the east?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)