|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cage and his wife moved to New York from where?
(a) New Orleans.
2. What was Cage's wife's name?
3. What religion influenced Cage?
4. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into another language by whom?
(a) Carlos Hernandez.
(b) Frederick Goldbeck.
(c) Marcel Connor.
(d) John Mansell.
5. Cage presented "Lecture on Nothing" at a club on what street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what language was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano" translated?
2. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is "the means of controlling the continuity from note to note"?
3. Cage says in his foreword that he has been writing articles and giving lectures for over how many years?
4. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is "content, the continuity"?
5. What composer wrote "The Art of the Fugue"?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)