|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Forerunners of Modern Music" was first published in what journal?
(a) The Shark's Tooth.
(b) The Crow's Beak.
(c) The Lion's Paw.
(d) The Tiger's Eye.
2. A portion of "Composition as Process--3: Communication" was published in what publication?
(a) River Reporter.
(b) Syracuse New Times.
(c) Ithaca Times.
(d) Village Voice.
3. What composer wrote "Intersection 3"?
(a) Christian Wolff.
(b) Julius Eastman.
(c) Morton Feldman.
(d) Earle Brown.
4. Cage had a method for bringing about unpredictability where he tossed how many coins?
(a) Four coins.
(b) Six coins.
(c) Three coins.
(d) Two coins.
5. Cage recalls going to the Bolshoi Ballet with whom?
(a) David Tudor.
(b) M. C. Richards.
(c) Arnold Schoenberg.
(d) Erik Satie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music for Piano'" first printed in English?
2. "Forerunners of Modern Music" was first published in what year?
3. The essay "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music of Changes' and 'Imaginary Landscape No. 4'" was originally published in what year?
4. According to Cage, "Forerunners of Modern Music" was translated into what other language?
5. In the "Definitions" section of "Forerunners of Modern Music," what term is music's "divisibility into successive parts from phrases to long sections"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)