|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Cage's foreword dated?
(a) June 1961.
(b) July 1962.
(c) April 1958.
(d) May 1959.
2. How much time elapsed between the two times Yun Kiang met a man acting like an animal?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. When was "The Future of Music: Credo" first printed?
4. What female author did Cage ask Dr. Suzuki about at dinner?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Charlotte Brontë.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) George Eliot.
5. Who is the author of "Essay on Rime"?
(a) Andrea Del Gato.
(b) Samuel Gallina.
(c) Jesse Simpson.
(d) Karl Shapiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Suzuki eat at dinner while everyone ate curries?
2. What composer wrote "Indices"?
3. The essay "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music of Changes' and 'Imaginary Landscape No. 4'" was originally published in as part of what publication?
4. Who said he loves philosophical debates because no one wins?
5. Who does Cage thank at the end of his foreword?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)