|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Suzuki eat at dinner while everyone ate curries?
(a) Raw fruits and vegetables.
(b) Bread pudding.
(d) Pork chops.
2. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published as part of a series titled what?
(a) String Music and Its Relation to the Modern Dance.
(b) Classical Music and Its Relation to the Modern Dance.
(c) Percussion Music and Its Relation to the Modern Dance.
(d) Modern Music and Its Relation to the Modern Dance.
3. What grade was Cage in when his dad mentioned a trip to another country, which never happened?
4. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published as part of a series in what publication?
(a) New Observer.
(b) Dance Observer.
(c) Music Observer.
(d) Form Observer.
5. According to Cage's essay, Erik Satie said he was tired of dying of what?
(a) The flu.
(b) A broken heart.
(d) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said there is evil in the world "to thicken the plot"?
2. What two things does Cage say he grew up assuming were good for him?
3. The essay "Composition: To Describe the Process of Composition Used in 'Music of Changes' and 'Imaginary Landscape No. 4'" was originally published in as part of what publication?
4. What did Cage question about Erik Satie?
5. All three parts of "Composition as Process" were given in what country?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)