|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Merce Cunningham attend when he met Cage?
(a) Otis College.
(b) The Art Institute of Chicago.
(c) Pratt Institute.
(d) The Cornish School.
2. What was the name of Cage's dentist, as stated in his story after "In This Day..."?
(a) Dr. Harrison.
(b) Dr. Adams.
(c) Dr. Crogan.
(d) Dr. Heyman.
3. What item of clothing did Cage wear to visit the dentist, which the dentist asked him to remove?
(a) A jacket.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) A tie.
(d) A hat.
4. Who said there is evil in the world "to thicken the plot"?
(a) Sri Chandrashekarendra.
(b) Sri Ramakrishna.
(c) Swami Vivekananda.
(d) Sai Baba .
5. In what year did Cage first present his lecture "45' for a Speaker"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Goal: New Music, New Dance" was first published in what year?
2. In what state does Cage say he grew up?
3. In the introduction to "Four Statements on the Dance," Cage says Bonnie Bird had danced with whom?
4. In what year did Cage meet Merce Cunningham?
5. "Imaginary Landscape No. 4" was written for how many radios?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)