1. Who were the “pallid undersized men” (9) who looked odd next to the “brawny country-folk” (9)?
2. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
He is a talented linen-weaver.
3. How long before the story begins had Silas Marner arrived at Raveloe?
4. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
5. What physical malady afflicted Silas Marner from time to time?
6. What was Silas Marner’s reputation in Lantern Yard before he was betrayed?
A young man of excellent standing and devout faith.
7. Who was William Dane?
Silas Marner’s best friend.
This section contains 6,490 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)