|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday came shortly after Dolly Winthrop’s visit?
(c) New Years.
2. How does Godfrey’s confession conversation with his father go over all?
(a) He manages to get through part but not all of his confession.
(b) He chickens out and does not say anything.
(c) He lies to get what he wants.
(d) He bears his heart and tells all.
3. Why do Godfrey and Nancy step out during the dance?
(a) They wanted some time to play cards.
(b) They needed to have a serious conversation.
(c) They were “sweethearting”.
(d) Nancy’s dress had suffered a slight accident.
4. What is the weather like as Molly Farren traveled to Raveloe?
(a) It was raining.
(b) It was warm and foggy.
(c) It was sunny with high winds.
(d) It was snowing heavily.
5. When Mrs. Kimble asks Silas Marner to surrender the child to the women’s care, what is his response?
(a) He most certainly will surrender the child if it means he won’t have to deal with it.
(b) He can’t part with the child. It came to him and he has a right to keep it.
(c) He’s scared to lose what came to him, but he sees the wisdom in the request.
(d) He doesn’t want to give her up, but he doesn’t know what to do with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Godfrey find out that Wildfire is dead?
2. How long before the story begins had Silas Marner arrived at Raveloe?
3. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
4. Does Silas Marner attend the Christmas service to which Dolly invited him?
5. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)