|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the greatest man in Raveloe?
(a) Godfrey Cass.
(b) Silas Marner.
(c) Squire Cass.
(d) William Dane.
2. What happened to Squire Cass’s wife?
(a) She was gone traveling.
(b) She had left him.
(c) She had died a long time ago.
(d) She lived happily by his side.
3. What does Silas Marner do to calm himself after the first shock of losing his money?
(a) Begins planning how to take vengeance on the thief.
(b) Begins working on his loom.
(c) Goes to the authorities.
(d) Goes to sleep.
4. Who, is it thought, owned the tinder-box found near Silas Marner's cottage?
(a) A peddler who visited the town recently.
(b) A magistrate who recently left on business.
(c) Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Dunsey Cass.
5. How old is Godfrey Cass when he is brought into the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Silas Marner’s reputation in Lantern Yard before he was betrayed?
2. Does anyone connect that the disappearance of both Dunsey and Silas Marner’s gold occurred on the same day?
3. Who is Godfrey Cass in love with?
4. Where does Silas Marner go to get help after his gold is stolen?
5. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)