|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Squire Cass when he is described in Chapter 9?
(a) 60 years old.
(b) 50 years old.
(c) 80 years old.
(d) 75 years old.
2. What is the one story genuinely considered by the town to explain the robbery of the gold?
(a) That it must have been magical.
(b) That Silas Marner was lying.
(c) That Dunsey Cass was to blame.
(d) That it was connected to the discovered tinderbox and peddler.
3. What form of judgment declared Silas Marner guilty of stealing at Lantern Yard?
(a) A court case.
(c) The king’s order.
(d) Drawing lots.
4. What item is discovered near Silas’ cottage that is seen as a clue to the robbery?
(a) A tinder-box.
(b) Godfrey’s riding whip.
(c) Dunsey’s shoe.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Silas appear to look like when he arrives at the Rainbow after his gold is stolen?
(a) A woman.
(b) An apparition.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A zombie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dunsey blackmails his brother with what information in Chapter 3?
2. What song does Dolly Winthrop have Aaron sing for Silas Marner?
3. Who at the Rainbow does Silas accuse of robbing him?
4. Where does Silas Marner hide his gold?
5. Who is Godfrey Cass in love with?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)