|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pieces of money does Silas use to take care of his needs?
(a) The half-crowns.
(b) The shillings and sixpences.
(c) The crowns.
(d) The guineas.
2. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
(a) His coat.
(b) His loom.
(c) His gun.
(d) His knife.
3. For what reason does Godfrey want to avoid going to the hunt to sell Wildfire himself?
(a) It was near the home of Molly Farren.
(b) He was bored of hunting.
(c) He was too tired from a long day of work.
(d) He was not very fond of hunting.
4. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
(a) He is a wealthy aristocrat.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is a talented linen-weaver.
(d) He is a religious leader.
5. What form of judgment declared Silas Marner guilty of stealing at Lantern Yard?
(a) A court case.
(c) Drawing lots.
(d) The king’s order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
2. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
3. How long has Godfrey wooed Nancy Lammeter?
4. Who do Godfrey and Dunsey decide should sell Wildfire?
5. Where does Silas Marner hide his gold?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)