|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Godfrey Cass in love with?
(a) Molly Farren.
(b) Sarah of Lantern Yard.
(c) Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Molly Pitcher.
2. What does Godfrey hope to gain by marrying Nancy Lammeter?
(a) A large dowry.
(b) A large family.
(c) A lifelong friendship.
(d) A dose of warmth and pleasantness into the cold nature of his life.
3. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
(a) A spinning insect.
(b) A grumpy cow.
(c) A spindly spider.
(d) An angry rat.
4. When Sally Oats is sick, how does Silas Marner heal her?
(a) With a drink made with peppermint.
(b) With hot compresses and rest.
(c) With a home cooked meal.
(d) With a drink made with foxglove.
5. How long before the story begins had Silas Marner arrived at Raveloe?
(a) 5 years.
(b) He had lived there his entire life.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Godfrey Cass when he is brought into the story?
2. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
3. What physical malady afflicted Silas Marner from time to time?
4. What two people are draining Godfrey of his money through bribes and hush money?
5. What does Godfrey fear in confessing his marriage to Molly Farren to his father?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)