|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Godfrey follows Doctor Kimble and Silas Marner, what item of clothing does he forget he is wearing out into the snow?
(a) His slippers.
(b) His dress clothes.
(c) His best hat.
(d) His thin shoes.
2. Where does Silas Marner decide to go once he has his money once again and can afford the trip?
(a) To Lantern Yard to get vengeance for his past wrongs.
(b) To London to begin a new life.
(c) To Lantern Yard to talk to the minister about the drawing of lots and the religion of Raveloe.
(d) To the Red House to live with the Casses.
3. Why is Godfrey waiting to speak with Dunsey when they enter the story in Chapter 3?
(a) He wants to fight with Dunsey.
(b) He wants to ride horses together.
(c) He wants Dunsey to pay him back the money he borrowed.
(d) They are starting a business venture.
4. How does Eppie begin to reform Silas Marner’s attitude towards life?
(a) She brings him back into social life.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She makes his time away from his loom feel like a holiday.
(d) She helps him rejoin the church.
5. What is Molly Farren going to do when she gets to the Red House?
(a) Spend some much needed time with her husband.
(b) Violently attack Godfrey for his lack of attentions to her.
(c) Join in the New Year’s Eve dance.
(d) Reveal herself to as Godfrey’s wife to her father-in-law, Squire Cass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event at parties made Uncle Kimble, the doctor, intense and bitter?
2. Which party is the biggest event of the year for the Red House?
3. How does Dunsey initially want to get Silas Marner’s money?
4. Do Godfrey and Nancy plan to tell others about his relationship to Eppie?
5. How much is Wildfire sold for?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)