|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday came shortly after Dolly Winthrop’s visit?
(b) New Years.
2. Do Godfrey and Nancy plan to tell others about his relationship to Eppie?
(a) No. They will take the secret to their graves.
(b) Yes. Godfrey feels the need to make a public confession of his fatherhood.
(c) Yes. They will let the whole town know in order to pressure Eppie to join them.
(d) No. Apart from including her in Godfrey’s will, they will not complicate matters.
3. Though Dolly’s visit seems to go better than others, why is Silas happy when she leaves?
(a) Silas Marer is sick of getting advice from others.
(b) She is saying all of the wrong things to comfort him.
(c) He can weave and moan in his pain once again.
(d) He does not like her personality.
4. What item does Dunsey have with him while he walks back from the hunt towards Silas Marner’s cottage?
(a) Squire Cass’s overcoat.
(b) Godfrey’s riding whip.
(c) Dunsey’s saddle.
(d) Godfrey’s stirrups.
5. When Sally Oats is sick, how does Silas Marner heal her?
(a) With hot compresses and rest.
(b) With a home cooked meal.
(c) With a drink made with foxglove.
(d) With a drink made with peppermint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the New Year’s Eve dance last?
2. When Squire Cass begins pushing Godfrey to propose to Nancy Lammeter, what is Godfrey’s response?
3. What light does Eppie see when she looks from the bosom of her passed out mother into the falling snow?
4. What does Godfrey decide to do while waiting for Dunsey to sell Wildfire?
5. Which two people go with Silas Marner to the constable’s after his gold is stolen?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)