|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Silas restrain two-year-old Eppie from wandering far while he works?
(a) By tying her to the leg of his loom.
(b) By keeping her in the coal-hole.
(c) By keeping her locked in her room.
(d) By keeping her gated in a corner of the room.
2. What was the name of Silas Marner’s fiancé in Lantern Yard?
3. How old was Eppie when Godfrey expressed to Nancy the desire to adopt her?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
4. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
(a) Enlisting as a soldier.
(b) Moving away.
(c) A life spent in fear.
5. Where does Silas Marner decide to go once he has his money once again and can afford the trip?
(a) To the Red House to live with the Casses.
(b) To London to begin a new life.
(c) To Lantern Yard to talk to the minister about the drawing of lots and the religion of Raveloe.
(d) To Lantern Yard to get vengeance for his past wrongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Eliot use to describe Squire Cass’s anger at hearing the story of Godfrey’s confession?
2. What does Silas appear to look like when he arrives at the Rainbow after his gold is stolen?
3. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
4. What form of discipline does Silas Marner try to use on Eppie when she wanders off without his knowing?
5. Who comes to the door while Silas Marner and Eppie are talking about his recovered gold?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)