|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed deputy-constable in the investigation of Silas' stolen gold?
(a) Godfrey Cass.
(b) Mr. Snell, the landlord.
(c) Silas Marner.
(d) Mr. Dowlas.
2. How is it decided to try to sell Wildfire?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) Try to find a buyer at the hunt the next day.
(c) Taking him directly to other wealthy families to see who is interested.
(d) At the market.
3. What does Dunsey mean by “I’m always lucky in my weather” (39)?
(a) He believes that the weather will cooperate for him.
(b) His luck comes from the weather.
(c) He enjoys weather more than most people.
(d) He gets luck from all sorts of weather.
4. What does Dunsey do after selling Wildfire?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Waits for the hunt to end so he can finish the transaction with Bryce.
(c) Goes to Bryce’s estate to finish the sale of the horse.
(d) Goes on the hunt.
5. What was the name of Silas Marner’s fiancé in Lantern Yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what creature is Silas Marner compared in Chapter 2?
2. Who was William Dane?
3. Who do Godfrey and Dunsey decide should sell Wildfire?
4. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
5. How long has Godfrey wooed Nancy Lammeter?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)