|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it decided to try to sell Wildfire?
(a) Taking him directly to other wealthy families to see who is interested.
(b) At the market.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) Try to find a buyer at the hunt the next day.
2. What does Godfrey decide to do while waiting for Dunsey to sell Wildfire?
(a) Go to the Rainbow.
(b) Go to see a play.
(c) Visit Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Get some sleep.
3. After Sarah left Silas, how long was it before she married William Dane?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
4. Who were the “pallid undersized men” (9) who looked odd next to the “brawny country-folk” (9)?
5. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
(a) His knife.
(b) His loom.
(c) His gun.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Silas Marner the pork he is roasting when his gold is stolen?
2. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
3. What item does Dunsey have with him while he walks back from the hunt towards Silas Marner’s cottage?
4. Who is Master Kench in Chapter 6?
5. What was Silas Marner’s reputation in Lantern Yard before he was betrayed?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)