|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
(a) Godfrey Cass.
(b) Bob, the butcher.
(c) The landlord, Mr. Snell.
(d) Mr. Macey.
2. Who was William Dane?
(a) Silas Marner’s brother.
(b) Silas Marner’s father.
(c) Silas Marner’s best friend.
(d) Silas Marner’s grandfather.
3. For what reason does Godfrey want to avoid going to the hunt to sell Wildfire himself?
(a) He was not very fond of hunting.
(b) He was bored of hunting.
(c) It was near the home of Molly Farren.
(d) He was too tired from a long day of work.
4. Who, is it thought, owned the tinder-box found near Silas Marner's cottage?
(a) A magistrate who recently left on business.
(b) A peddler who visited the town recently.
(c) Nancy Lammeter.
(d) Dunsey Cass.
5. After Sarah left Silas, how long was it before she married William Dane?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Squire Cass’s eldest son?
2. Why is Silas Marner valuable to Raveloe?
3. How is Dunsey Cass described?
4. Why does Dunsey knock on Silas Marner’s door loudly?
5. How does the evening’s conversation at the Rainbow begin?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)