|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Silas Marner hide his gold?
(a) Under his floor.
(b) Buried under a tree.
(c) In the coal box.
(d) In the attic.
2. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
(a) Murdering a parishioner.
(b) Stealing the church’s money.
(c) Blaspheming God.
3. Why had Silas Marner’s cottage door been unlocked when Dunsey had entered?
(a) His neighbors were watching the house for him.
(b) He was not worried about theft and left the door unlocked.
(c) He had forgotten.
(d) The string to lock it was being used to cook his supper.
4. What item is discovered near Silas’ cottage that is seen as a clue to the robbery?
(a) Dunsey’s shoe.
(b) Godfrey’s riding whip.
(c) A tinder-box.
(d) A knife.
5. Who do Godfrey and Dunsey decide should sell Wildfire?
(a) Squire Cass.
(b) William Dane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did William Dane use to frame Silas Marner?
2. Why does Silas Marner suspect Jem Rodney of stealing his gold?
3. Why did Silas Marner need to go to the town in the rain while roasting his dinner?
4. How long before the story begins had Silas Marner arrived at Raveloe?
5. What other option does Godfrey see besides confessing to his father?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)