|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Silas Marner’s fiancé in Lantern Yard?
2. Silas Marner came to Raveloe from which direction?
(a) The north.
(b) The east.
(c) The south.
(d) The west.
3. What sets Squire Cass apart from the other landowners in Raveloe?
(a) He ownes the town.
(b) He has tenants.
(c) He is a lord.
(d) He is the head of a newly wealthy family.
4. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
(a) That the cottage looks very well kept.
(b) That he would like to meet the crazy weaver.
(c) That it is rumored Silas Marner has a small fortune hidden somewhere.
(d) That the cottage looks ragged.
5. Where does Silas Marner go to get help after his gold is stolen?
(a) The Rainbow.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The local church.
(d) Squire Cass’s house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Bryce and Keating?
2. How does Dunsey initially want to get Silas Marner’s money?
3. William Dane frames Silas Marner for what crime in Lantern Yard?
4. Which pieces of money does Silas use to take care of his needs?
5. What was cooking in Silas Marner’s cottage when Dunsey went in?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)