|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to mediate the conversation at the Rainbow?
(a) Bob, the butcher.
(b) Godfrey Cass.
(c) Mr. Macey.
(d) The landlord, Mr. Snell.
2. What does Dunsey think of as he passes Silas Marner’s cottage in Chapter 4?
(a) That the cottage looks very well kept.
(b) That the cottage looks ragged.
(c) That it is rumored Silas Marner has a small fortune hidden somewhere.
(d) That he would like to meet the crazy weaver.
3. The loss of Wildfire causes Dunsey to turn to what source to get his brother’s money?
(a) Borrowing money from Bryce.
(b) Silas Marner’s gold.
(c) Selling his own horse.
(d) Borrowing money from Keating.
4. What part of the sight of Molly Farren’s dead body stays vivid in Godfrey’s memory?
(a) Her worn and wrinkled hands.
(b) Her long black hair.
(c) Her emaciated frame.
(d) Her worn, lined face.
5. At the end of Chapter 14 Eppie is again referred to as an angel, this time leading Silas Marner away from what?
(a) The loss of his money.
(b) The best food in town.
(c) The city of destruction.
(d) The dangers of depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Silas Marner attend the Christmas service to which Dolly invited him?
2. What is Squire Cass’s initial reaction to the story of Wildfire and Godfrey’s inability to pay him the 100 pounds?
3. Who does Eppie want to marry?
4. What curious habit has Silas Marner reluctantly taken up because it is “good for the fits” (171)?
5. Why had Silas Marner’s cottage door been unlocked when Dunsey had entered?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)