|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was cooking in Silas Marner’s cottage when Dunsey went in?
(a) Potatoes and vegetables.
(b) A string of sausages.
(c) A small piece of pork.
(d) A pork stew.
2. When Silas tells the story of his finding Eppie to his neighbors, what part does he leave out?
(a) The part about going to get the doctor.
(b) The part about Molly Farren’s death.
(c) The seizure he had had by the open door.
(d) The part about finding Eppie by the hearth.
3. What part of his confession does Godfrey fail to communicate to his father?
(a) That he is not in love with Nancy lammeter.
(b) That he stole Silas Marner’s gold.
(c) That his horse, Wildfire, was “staked.”
(d) That he is already married to the drunken Molly Farren.
4. What holiday came shortly after Dolly Winthrop’s visit?
(c) New Years.
5. What light does Eppie see when she looks from the bosom of her passed out mother into the falling snow?
(a) The light of Silas Marner’s cottage.
(b) Faeries dancing in the forest.
(c) The last light of the sunset.
(d) The twinkling lights of the Red House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proves to be a great help to Silas Marner as he figures out how to parent Eppie?
2. What does it mean when it says "what does he do but go and stake him" (80) regarding Dunsey and Wildfire?
3. When Godfrey follows Doctor Kimble and Silas Marner, what item of clothing does he forget he is wearing out into the snow?
4. What is the one item that stands out as peculiar on Molly Farren’s body?
5. What color does Eliot use to describe Squire Cass’s anger at hearing the story of Godfrey’s confession?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)