|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
2. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
3. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
4. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
5. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the key turning points for Jim and Ann throughout the play? Describe the situations that revealed significant shifts in their relationship, or realizations that altered it dramatically. Also, include your reasons for selecting those events using the play to support your choices.
Essay Topic 3
In The Shrike, the author uses the background to illustrate certain aspects of the play and its characters.
1) Describe 3 examples of how imagery or scenery is used in the play and what each one represents.
2) For the examples in Part 1, explain how they relate back to the character or characters in that scene.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)