|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jim feeling when Harry visits him?
2. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
3. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
4. What has Ann told the school?
5. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
The first scene features Jim being admitted into the hospital in a manner that foreshadows future events.
1) How is Jim first introduced and what are the circumstances around his hospital visit? What is the significance of the way he is brought in and the explanation given at his arrival? How do the doctors attempt to gain information from him and what does he provide them with? Why is this important to the plot?
2) Describe the letter that is referred to in the first scene and why it is a clue that becomes more substantial later in the play.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key turning points for Jim and Ann throughout the play? Describe the situations that revealed significant shifts in their relationship, or realizations that altered it dramatically. Also, include your reasons for selecting those events using the play to support your choices.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)