Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
2. What does Tom ask Jim about?
3. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
4. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
Describe Jim's theory about life and death and why he does not view his suicide attempt as selfish. Analyze his thought process and whether or not it is valid. Also, explain his ideas about mourning and how they show a larger problem for him and the way he looks at life. Use examples from the play to analyze Jim's theory and what part it played in his eventual captivity.
The first scene features Jim being admitted into the hospital in a manner that foreshadows future events.
1) How is Jim first introduced and what are the circumstances around his hospital visit? What is the significance of the way he is brought in and the explanation given at his arrival? How do the doctors attempt to gain information from him and what does he provide them with? Why is this important to the plot?
2) Describe the letter that is referred to in the first scene and why it is a clue that becomes more substantial later in the play.
What were some of the key turning points for Jim and Ann throughout the play? Describe the situations that revealed significant shifts in their relationship, or realizations that altered it dramatically. Also, include your reasons for selecting those events using the play to support your choices.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)