Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
2. What does Tom ask Jim about?
3. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
4. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
The other patients are used to contrast Jim's situation at different times during the play.
1) What are the most significant differences between Jim and the other patients? Why are those differences necessary to his position?
2) Describe the patients that you think are the most similar to Jim and the ones that are the most different. For each of them, what role do they play in the plot and the overall message?
How does Ann appear in the very beginning of the play? Why is it important that she is not revealing any signs of her real intentions for Jim? How does this play a crucial role in her ability to gain the trust of the doctors and hospital staff?
Analyze the competency and efficiency of the hospital and each of the doctors involved with Jim's stay there. How does Jim unintentionally shed light to the problems the hospital has in treating patients? Does that contribute to the way he is treated? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to illustrate the role of the doctors, the reasons behind their actions, and why they were so useful to Ann.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)