|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim go as the third scene in Act 3 ends?
2. How does Jim feel as the final act of the play ends?
3. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
4. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The other patients are used to contrast Jim's situation at different times during the play.
1) What are the most significant differences between Jim and the other patients? Why are those differences necessary to his position?
2) Describe the patients that you think are the most similar to Jim and the ones that are the most different. For each of them, what role do they play in the plot and the overall message?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the hospital in Act 1, Scene 1, including the atmosphere, staff, and doctors. Use examples from the play to depict how the patients are given a limited amount of freedom there. Also, include which characters contribute to the overall setting the most and the least. What is Kramm trying to establish in the beginning of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
This section contains 1,643 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)