|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
3. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
4. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
5. What does Dr. Bellman keep in the last scene of the play?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze why the author chooses The Shrike for the title of the book. Describe in detail what a shrike is and which characters personify it the most in the play. Include a description of the events the characters are involved in and how they they reflect a shrike's actions.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the key turning points for Jim and Ann throughout the play? Describe the situations that revealed significant shifts in their relationship, or realizations that altered it dramatically. Also, include your reasons for selecting those events using the play to support your choices.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
This section contains 1,647 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)