|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Who does Jim talk to in the fifth scene of Act 2?
3. Who is Tom?
4. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
5. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the key turning points for Jim and Ann throughout the play? Describe the situations that revealed significant shifts in their relationship, or realizations that altered it dramatically. Also, include your reasons for selecting those events using the play to support your choices.
Essay Topic 2
Ann clearly has an agenda.
1) Describe Ann's character in detail, including the personality traits that you think are the most important, and how the author displays them.
2) Explain what Ann's objective is and why she is willing to act in extreme ways to attain it.
3) Why do you think Ann wants Jim to return to their marriage so badly? Describe the events in the book that might lead to the answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does Ann appear in the very beginning of the play? Why is it important that she is not revealing any signs of her real intentions for Jim? How does this play a crucial role in her ability to gain the trust of the doctors and hospital staff?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)