Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
2. What does Tom ask Jim about?
3. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
4. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jim's theory about life and death and why he does not view his suicide attempt as selfish. Analyze his thought process and whether or not it is valid. Also, explain his ideas about mourning and how they show a larger problem for him and the way he looks at life. Use examples from the play to analyze Jim's theory and what part it played in his eventual captivity.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Tom, his role in Ann's scheme, and 3 ways that he contributed to Jim's surrender. Why were they significant and what reason does the author have for waiting until the second to last act to make Tom appear?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)