|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
3. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
4. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
5. Who is Dr. Bellman meeting with at the beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the difference in Jim's mood and behavior in the beginning of the play with how it changes throughout the events that take place. Include what causes the change and whether or not you think it is justified. Use the book as a reference and provide examples for your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
In The Shrike, the author uses the background to illustrate certain aspects of the play and its characters.
1) Describe 3 examples of how imagery or scenery is used in the play and what each one represents.
2) For the examples in Part 1, explain how they relate back to the character or characters in that scene.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail what "seven" is and what it actually represents in terms of Jim's character and the hospital in general. Use the events in the book to analyze how "seven" was used, citing specific examples to illustrate its purpose.
This section contains 1,684 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)