Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry tell Jim that Ann has rented?
2. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
3. What does Dr. Bellman keep in the last scene of the play?
4. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
How does Ann appear in the very beginning of the play? Why is it important that she is not revealing any signs of her real intentions for Jim? How does this play a crucial role in her ability to gain the trust of the doctors and hospital staff?
In The Shrike, the author uses the background to illustrate certain aspects of the play and its characters.
1) Describe 3 examples of how imagery or scenery is used in the play and what each one represents.
2) For the examples in Part 1, explain how they relate back to the character or characters in that scene.
What is relevant about the time in which the play was written? How does it affect Jim's outlook on his life? Explain why Jim was likely to feel as desperate as his did with his career, life, and self-worth. Use examples from the play to provide a detailed analysis of how men were perceived during that time as well as the way the theater/entertainment industry operated differently than it does today.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)