|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
(a) The doctors choose which patients to monitor.
(b) Everything they say and do is being observed.
(c) Only their actions are being observed.
(d) Only their words are being listened to.
2. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
5. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is on the floor.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is sitting up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
2. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Who is Dr. Bellman?
5. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dr. Kramer assess Jim and what does that mean for his possible release?
2. What does Tom say about Ann's family and how is this another example of her control over him?
3. What is Jim's outburst and how is it symbolic?
4. According to the doctors in the second scene of Act 3, how has Jim been behaving?
5. What is the test that Dr. Bellman gives to Jim and how does it prove Jim's sanity?
6. What does Miss Wingate give Jim in Act 2, Scene 3, and what does it represent?
7. How are the patients in the convalescent ward described, and what is the contrast between them and Jim in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What happens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3 that shocks Jim?
9. What is interesting about the things that Jim tells Dr. Bellman about Ann, and what he will not tell him about Charlotte?
10. How does Jim's visit with Dr. Bellman highlight the hospital's flaws when it comes to the way they treat patients?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)