|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) His motives for suicide.
(b) His motives for separating with Ann.
(c) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
(d) The reason for his professional setbacks.
2. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
(b) There is a flu epidemic.
(c) They are on strike.
(d) It is Thanksgiving.
3. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Saturday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) On Tuesday.
4. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(b) If there are any explanations for suicide.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
5. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
2. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
3. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
5. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Harry be able to help Jim, and why doesn't he?
2. What is the test that Dr. Bellman gives to Jim and how does it prove Jim's sanity?
3. What does the time period in which the play was written have to do with why Jim felt the way that he did?
4. When does Act 3, Scene 2 take place and who is meeting at the beginning of the scene?
5. What is significant about Jim's insurance policy?
6. Why is the conversation between Jim and Ann in Act 1, Scene 3 significant?
7. What is Jim's outburst and how is it symbolic?
8. What do the actions of the other patients in Act 2, Scene 5 indicate?
9. According to the doctors in the second scene of Act 3, how has Jim been behaving?
10. Who is Tom and what is the purpose for his visit in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)