|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(a) A job.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(d) A vacation.
2. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(b) For one hour.
(c) For three hours.
(d) On and off since the day before.
3. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday morning.
(b) Tuesday evening.
(c) Wednesday evening.
(d) Wednesday morning.
4. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is quiet.
5. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Miss Hansen?
2. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
3. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Act 2 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ann exercise even more control over Jim in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What are the circumstances around Jim's suicide attempt, as revealed in the first scene?
3. Who is Tom and what is the purpose for his visit in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Why are Ann and Dr. Schlesinger talking in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, and what is their reason for hiding it from Jim?
5. How does Jim's visit with Dr. Bellman highlight the hospital's flaws when it comes to the way they treat patients?
6. How does Jim exit Act 3, Scene 3, and what does Ann tell Dr. Bellman?
7. According to what Jim tells Dr. Schlesinger, what is the event that triggered his intent to end his life?
8. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about, and what does it represent in terms of the way the patients are viewed at the hospital?
9. How is Jim released and what does he tell Ann on the phone?
10. What suggestion does Dr. Barrow make to Ann and why?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)