|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Giving his letter to Ann.
(b) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(c) Not mailing his letter.
(d) Hiding his letter.
2. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
3. In the beginning of the play, what is critical to Jim's condition?
(a) The next 48 hours.
(b) The next 72 hours.
(c) The previous 24 hours.
(d) The next week.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Call the nurse immediately.
(b) Call the doctor immediately.
(c) Lecture him.
(d) Question him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
2. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
5. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Wingate give Jim in Act 2, Scene 3, and what does it represent?
2. What is interesting about the doctors' ability to assess Jim at this point in the play?
3. Why is the conversation between Jim and Ann in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4 important?
4. What happens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3 that shocks Jim?
5. According to the doctors in the second scene of Act 3, how has Jim been behaving?
6. What name does Jim keep repeating, how does Ann respond to the name in Act 1, Scene 1, and what does Dr. Kramer tell her as the scene ends?
7. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman at the end of Act 2, Scene 4, and what do Ann and the doctor discuss?
8. What plan of action does Harry suggest that Jim follow and why?
9. Who is Harry, what is he like, and how does Jim respond to him?
10. How is Ann acting in Act 1, Scene 2, and what indication does she give the doctors about her intentions?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)