|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(b) At one pharmacy in another town.
(c) At one pharmacy in town.
(d) At different pharmacies around town.
2. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A pathologist.
(d) A sociologist.
3. Who is Gregory?
(a) A psychology expert.
(b) A visitor for another patient.
(c) Jim's attendant.
(d) Another patient.
4. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients never leave there.
(b) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(c) Patients there do not want to leave.
(d) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Sunday.
(c) On Monday.
(d) On Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
3. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
4. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim exit Act 3, Scene 3, and what does Ann tell Dr. Bellman?
2. What does Tom say about Ann's family and how is this another example of her control over him?
3. What is Jim's mood like at the start of Act 1, Scene 5, and what does he learn about the convalescent ward?
4. Why are Ann and Dr. Schlesinger talking in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, and what is their reason for hiding it from Jim?
5. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming reveal to Jim that surprises him, and how does it reflect a larger issue in the hospital?
6. How is Ann acting in Act 1, Scene 2, and what indication does she give the doctors about her intentions?
7. What is significant about Jim's insurance policy?
8. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman at the end of Act 2, Scene 4, and what do Ann and the doctor discuss?
9. As the doctors try to find out a possible reason for Jim's actions in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Ann reveal to them about his career?
10. Who is Gregory and what point does he make at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)