|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
(a) For very little reason.
(b) For too many reasons.
(c) For no reason.
(d) For paranoid reasons.
2. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she is crazier than he is.
(b) That she knows about Charlotte.
(c) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
3. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(b) That he is not really in a hospital.
(c) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(d) That he is in the psychiatric building.
4. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
(a) Why she didn't bring the letter with her.
(b) If there are any explanations for Charlotte.
(c) If she has a copy of it.
(d) If there are any explanations for suicide.
5. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His age.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His height.
(d) His weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
2. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
3. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
4. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jim calmed down after his outburst and what is again brought into focus?
2. What plan of action does Harry suggest that Jim follow and why?
3. What is significant about Jim's insurance policy?
4. What is a shrike and why did the author choose it for the title of the play?
5. What is the important discovery Jim makes about Ann at the end of Act 1?
6. Why are Ann and Dr. Schlesinger talking in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, and what is their reason for hiding it from Jim?
7. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman at the end of Act 2, Scene 4, and what do Ann and the doctor discuss?
8. What happens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3 that shocks Jim?
9. What is the test that Dr. Bellman gives to Jim and how does it prove Jim's sanity?
10. How does Jim exit Act 3, Scene 3, and what does Ann tell Dr. Bellman?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)