|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Harry visited Jim before Act 3?
(c) Three times.
2. Who is Harry?
(a) Jim's student.
(b) Jim's friend.
(c) Jim's brother.
(d) Jim's cousin.
3. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
4. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
(a) Go to another hospital.
(b) Go back to his room.
(c) Go to "seven."
(d) Go home and recover.
5. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The wall.
(b) Another patient's food table.
(c) Gregory's cart.
(d) A game table.
6. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he has been released.
(b) That he has not been released.
(c) That he will never be released.
(d) That he will be released next week.
7. What does Harry tell Jim that Ann has rented?
(a) A new apartment for them to live in.
(b) A new car for them to drive.
(c) His apartment to someone else.
(d) His car to someone else.
8. What does Jim tell Tom he wants to return to?
(a) His marriage with Ann.
(b) His job at the school.
(c) The theater.
(d) His relationship with Charlotte.
9. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
(a) Added a line to his account.
(b) Disconnected it.
(c) Paid the bill for it.
(d) Transferred it to her name.
10. What does Jim want to know in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) When he can talk to Dr. Barrow.
(b) When he can talk to Dr. Bellman.
(c) When he can talk to Charlotte.
(d) When he can talk to Ann.
11. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is paranoid.
(c) He is antagonistic.
(d) He is complacent.
12. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Miss Cardell.
(d) Miss Hansen.
13. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
14. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him next week.
(b) Release him in a few days.
(c) Not release him.
(d) Release him immediately.
15. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(d) Miss Wingate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
2. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Harry advise Jim to act from now on?
5. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)