|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(b) Never seeing Charlotte again.
(c) Being sent home with her.
(d) Being sent to "seven."
2. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman's decision in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is unresponsive.
3. What idea does Tom have for Jim?
(a) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is over.
(b) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is still intact.
(c) To see Ann's family and apologize to them.
(d) To sign an agreement to stay away from pharmacies.
4. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Jim's depression.
(b) Jim's condition.
(c) Jim's intelligence.
(d) Jim's anger problem.
5. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) A few.
6. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
7. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
(a) So she can pay some bills.
(b) So she can pay for a private psychiatrist.
(c) So she can buy dinner.
(d) So she can hire a private investigator.
8. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) A difficult financial situation.
(b) Ann's custody.
(c) Trouble with the doctors.
(d) Ann's debt.
9. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He wants to think about it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He agrees.
10. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
11. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Another patient.
(d) Miss Wingate.
12. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
(a) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann is the best idea.
(b) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann might not be a good idea.
(c) That Ann is crazy.
(d) That Jim is crazy.
13. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To get psychiatric help on the outside.
(b) To go to a state hospital.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To go to "seven."
14. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
(a) They fight.
(b) They begin laughing.
(c) They insult her.
(d) They begin knocking on the walls.
15. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
(b) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
(c) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(d) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
3. What has Ann told the school?
4. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
5. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)