|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann tell Dr. Bellman in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) That Jim is not ready to be released.
(b) That Jim should have been released weeks ago.
(c) That Jim is almost ready to be released.
(d) That Jim is ready to be released.
2. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) If he needs any medication.
(b) If he needs additional psychiatric help.
(c) If he needs a professional recommendation.
(d) If he needs a job at the hospital.
3. What does Jim tell Tom he wants to return to?
(a) The theater.
(b) His relationship with Charlotte.
(c) His marriage with Ann.
(d) His job at the school.
4. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is mournful.
(d) He is optimistic.
5. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) That she cannot get him released.
(b) That she should rethink her actions.
(c) That she can get him released.
(d) That she should be committed instead of him.
6. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
(a) Telling jokes.
7. Who does Jim talk to in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Gregory and Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
8. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A letter.
(c) His tears.
(d) His fears.
9. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Miss Wingate.
10. What does Harry tell Jim that Ann has rented?
(a) A new apartment for them to live in.
(b) His car to someone else.
(c) His apartment to someone else.
(d) A new car for them to drive.
11. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(b) Kicking and screaming.
(c) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(d) Staying quiet.
12. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
(a) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(b) Being sent home with Ann.
(c) Being sent to "seven."
(d) Being sedated.
13. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
14. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
(a) That he thinks she is crazy.
(b) That he doesn't love her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he wants to forget about her.
15. Who is Tom?
(a) Jim's cousin.
(b) Ann's cousin.
(c) Ann's brother.
(d) Jim's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bellman keep in the last scene of the play?
2. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
3. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
4. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
5. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)