|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim feel as the final act of the play ends?
2. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) His fears.
(c) His tears.
(d) A cigarette.
3. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is mournful.
(c) He is optimistic.
(d) He is confused.
4. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
(a) Being sent to "seven."
(b) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(c) Being sent home with Ann.
(d) Being sedated.
5. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) A few.
6. How is Jim doing in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) He is sedated.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is on edge.
7. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he will be released next week.
(b) That he will never be released.
(c) That he has not been released.
(d) That he has been released.
8. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him next week.
(b) Not release him.
(c) Release him immediately.
(d) Release him in a few days.
9. Why does Ann tell Dr. Bellman that Jim should remain in the hospital?
(a) He is still delusional.
(b) He is still suicidal.
(c) He still cares for Charlotte.
(d) He is making violent statements.
10. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) If he needs a job at the hospital.
(b) If he needs any medication.
(c) If he needs a professional recommendation.
(d) If he needs additional psychiatric help.
11. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
(c) The same.
12. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
13. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
14. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
15. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Bellman.
(d) Another patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann reluctant to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
3. What does Harry tell Jim that Ann has rented?
4. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. How many times has Harry visited Jim before Act 3?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)