|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim talk to in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Gregory and Miss Wingate.
2. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
(a) Go to another hospital.
(b) Go back to his room.
(c) Go home and recover.
(d) Go to "seven."
4. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(c) Miss Wingate.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
5. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A few.
6. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
7. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) If Jim is acting.
(b) If Jim is crazy.
(c) If Jim is losing his temper.
(d) If Jim is suicidal.
8. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
(a) They insult her.
(b) They begin laughing.
(c) They begin knocking on the walls.
(d) They fight.
9. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His forgetfulness.
(b) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(c) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(d) His anger issues.
10. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To go to a state hospital.
(b) To get psychiatric help on the outside.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To go to "seven."
11. How is Jim doing in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) He is sedated.
(b) He is on edge.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is happy.
12. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) His intentions with Ann.
(b) His intentions with his job.
(c) The competence of the doctors.
(d) The quality of food in the hospital.
13. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Gregory's cart.
(b) Another patient's food table.
(c) A game table.
(d) The wall.
14. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(b) Being sent to "seven."
(c) Being sent home with her.
(d) Never seeing Charlotte again.
15. How many times has Harry visited Jim before Act 3?
(a) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Dr. Bellman planning on releasing Jim, according to his conversation with Ann in the third scene of Act 3?
2. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Jim want to know in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
5. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman's decision in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)