|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
(b) Next week.
(c) In a few days.
(d) As soon as possible.
2. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) Jim's students.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) George O'Brien.
3. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) At night.
(d) Late morning.
4. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) If Jim is suicidal.
(b) If Jim is acting.
(c) If Jim is crazy.
(d) If Jim is losing his temper.
5. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He wants to think about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees.
6. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is paranoid.
(b) He is complacent.
(c) He is antagonistic.
(d) He is confused.
7. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The wall.
(b) Gregory's cart.
(c) A game table.
(d) Another patient's food table.
8. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The desk clerk.
(b) The morning nurse.
(c) The night nurse.
(d) The room monitor.
9. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
10. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) His fears.
(b) His tears.
(c) A letter.
(d) A cigarette.
11. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he has been released.
(b) That he will never be released.
(c) That he has not been released.
(d) That he will be released next week.
12. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) That he needs to be re-examined next month.
(b) That he must stay for further testing.
(c) That he needs to be re-examined next week.
(d) That he is dismissed.
13. How many times has Harry visited Jim before Act 3?
(d) Three times.
14. Who has Jim been participating with, according the group in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The students.
15. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Miss Cardell.
(c) Miss Hansen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
2. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
3. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
4. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
5. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)