|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
(a) If Miss Wingate requests it.
(b) If Ann requests it.
(c) If he requests it.
(d) If the doctors request it.
2. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That he was selected for the job.
(b) That his interview has been postponed.
(c) That he was not selected for the job.
(d) That his interview was cancelled.
3. Who is Harry?
(a) Jim's cousin.
(b) Jim's friend.
(c) Jim's student.
(d) Jim's brother.
4. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
5. What does Jim tell Tom he wants to return to?
(a) His relationship with Charlotte.
(b) The theater.
(c) His marriage with Ann.
(d) His job at the school.
6. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) Ann's debt.
(b) Ann's custody.
(c) A difficult financial situation.
(d) Trouble with the doctors.
7. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) His question is not answered.
(b) He cannot get to sleep.
(c) He wants a cigarette.
(d) He is starting to forget things.
8. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kicking and screaming.
(b) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(c) Staying quiet.
(d) Throwing punches at the attendants.
9. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
10. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
(a) Being sent to "seven."
(b) Being sent home with Ann.
(c) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(d) Being sedated.
11. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The night nurse.
(b) The room monitor.
(c) The desk clerk.
(d) The morning nurse.
12. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
(a) In a few days.
(c) Next week.
(d) As soon as possible.
13. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) A memory test.
(b) A word association test.
(c) A reflex test.
(d) A driving test.
14. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) When he will stop seeing her.
(b) How long they have been together.
(c) His recent contact with her.
(d) Why he is with her.
15. Where does Jim go as the third scene in Act 3 ends?
(a) To the parking lot.
(b) Back to the ward.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To "seven."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Dr. Bellman keep in the last scene of the play?
3. What does Tom ask Jim about?
4. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
5. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)