|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is in shock.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is angry.
2. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) A memory test.
(b) A reflex test.
(c) A driving test.
(d) A word association test.
3. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His forgetfulness.
(b) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(c) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
(d) His anger issues.
4. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
5. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
(b) That Jim will not be returning.
(c) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
(d) That Jim will be returning shortly.
6. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
(a) Next week.
(c) In a few days.
(d) As soon as possible.
7. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Another patient's food table.
(b) Gregory's cart.
(c) A game table.
(d) The wall.
8. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) His intentions with Ann.
(b) The quality of food in the hospital.
(c) His intentions with his job.
(d) The competence of the doctors.
9. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) The same.
10. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
(b) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
(c) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
(d) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
11. What does Harry tell Jim that Ann has rented?
(a) His car to someone else.
(b) His apartment to someone else.
(c) A new car for them to drive.
(d) A new apartment for them to live in.
12. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(b) Being sent home with her.
(c) Being sent to "seven."
(d) Never seeing Charlotte again.
13. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kicking and screaming.
(b) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(c) Staying quiet.
(d) Threatening Miss Wingate.
14. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) At night.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
15. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Miss Hansen.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(d) Miss Cardell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
3. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
4. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
5. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)