|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(c) Dr. Bellman.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
2. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) At night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late morning.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The night nurse.
(b) The desk clerk.
(c) The room monitor.
(d) The morning nurse.
4. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
(b) A conversation between two patients.
(c) The music in the background.
(d) A conversation between two doctors.
5. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) Jim's students.
(b) George O'Brien.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
6. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) His intentions with Ann.
(b) The competence of the doctors.
(c) His intentions with his job.
(d) The quality of food in the hospital.
7. What does Ann tell Dr. Bellman in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) That Jim is almost ready to be released.
(b) That Jim is ready to be released.
(c) That Jim is not ready to be released.
(d) That Jim should have been released weeks ago.
8. What idea does Tom have for Jim?
(a) To sign an agreement to stay away from pharmacies.
(b) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is still intact.
(c) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is over.
(d) To see Ann's family and apologize to them.
9. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He taps her on the shoulder.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He waves to her.
10. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
11. Where is one of the other patients sent in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To the psychiatric ward.
(b) To "seven."
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To the state hospital.
12. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
13. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
14. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Sitting by the door.
(b) Playing a game.
(d) Staring out the window.
15. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is mournful.
(d) He is optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry?
2. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman's decision in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
4. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)