|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) His intentions with Ann.
(b) The competence of the doctors.
(c) The quality of food in the hospital.
(d) His intentions with his job.
2. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any celebrities.
(b) If he knows any singers.
(c) If he knows any police officers.
(d) If he knows any doctors.
3. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) That he needs to be re-examined next week.
(b) That he needs to be re-examined next month.
(c) That he must stay for further testing.
(d) That he is dismissed.
5. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
6. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
(a) Next week.
(c) In a few days.
(d) As soon as possible.
7. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
(a) If Miss Wingate requests it.
(b) If the doctors request it.
(c) If he requests it.
(d) If Ann requests it.
8. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
9. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
(a) That Jim is lying.
(b) That Ann was right.
(c) That Ann was wrong.
(d) That Jim is telling the truth.
10. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Jim's anger problem.
(b) Jim's intelligence.
(c) Jim's depression.
(d) Jim's condition.
11. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
(a) Disconnected it.
(b) Transferred it to her name.
(c) Paid the bill for it.
(d) Added a line to his account.
12. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
13. What does Jim want to know in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) When he can talk to Charlotte.
(b) When he can talk to Dr. Bellman.
(c) When he can talk to Dr. Barrow.
(d) When he can talk to Ann.
14. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
(b) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
(c) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(d) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
15. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will not be returning.
(b) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
(c) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
(d) That Jim will be returning shortly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
2. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
5. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)