|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He wants to think about it.
2. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is antagonistic.
(b) He is paranoid.
(c) He is complacent.
(d) He is confused.
3. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
4. When is Dr. Bellman planning on releasing Jim, according to his conversation with Ann in the third scene of Act 3?
(a) Two days from now.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) Three days from now.
5. What idea does Tom have for Jim?
(a) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is over.
(b) To see Ann's family and apologize to them.
(c) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is still intact.
(d) To sign an agreement to stay away from pharmacies.
6. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
(a) He tells the doctor that he does not need any additional psychiatric help.
(b) He tells the doctor that he does not need any medication.
(c) He tells the doctor that he has already found a job.
(d) He tells the doctor that he would like some pills.
7. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
(a) They begin knocking on the walls.
(b) They begin laughing.
(c) They fight.
(d) They insult her.
8. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His fear of hospitals.
(b) His gambling problem.
(c) His financial difficulties.
(d) His family and business.
9. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any police officers.
(b) If he knows any celebrities.
(c) If he knows any singers.
(d) If he knows any doctors.
10. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he has not been released.
(b) That he will never be released.
(c) That he will be released next week.
(d) That he has been released.
11. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) A word association test.
(b) A reflex test.
(c) A memory test.
(d) A driving test.
12. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kicking and screaming.
(b) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(c) Staying quiet.
(d) Throwing punches at the attendants.
13. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) He cannot get to sleep.
(b) His question is not answered.
(c) He wants a cigarette.
(d) He is starting to forget things.
14. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
15. How many times has Harry visited Jim before Act 3?
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim feel as the final act of the play ends?
2. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
3. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)