|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(b) That she wants him to be released.
(c) That she could have him released.
(d) That she has threatened Charlotte.
2. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him next week.
(b) Release him in a few days.
(c) Release him immediately.
(d) Not release him.
3. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) If he needs any medication.
(b) If he needs a professional recommendation.
(c) If he needs additional psychiatric help.
(d) If he needs a job at the hospital.
4. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Miss Wingate.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
5. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
(b) That Jim will not be returning.
(c) That Jim will be returning shortly.
(d) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
6. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
7. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
(a) If he requests it.
(b) If the doctors request it.
(c) If Miss Wingate requests it.
(d) If Ann requests it.
8. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) If Jim is suicidal.
(b) If Jim is losing his temper.
(c) If Jim is acting.
(d) If Jim is crazy.
9. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To go to "seven."
(b) To go to a state hospital.
(c) To get psychiatric help on the outside.
(d) To get a better job.
10. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) That she can get him released.
(b) That she cannot get him released.
(c) That she should rethink her actions.
(d) That she should be committed instead of him.
11. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
12. How does Jim feel as the final act of the play ends?
13. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Miss Cardell.
(d) Miss Hansen.
14. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
15. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) One day after Act 3, Scene 3.
(b) Two days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) A week after Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Three days after Act 3, Scene 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
2. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
3. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
4. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
5. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)