|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim kick in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Another patient's food table.
(b) The wall.
(c) A game table.
(d) Gregory's cart.
2. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he will never be released.
(b) That he will be released next week.
(c) That he has been released.
(d) That he has not been released.
3. Why does Ann tell Dr. Bellman that Jim should remain in the hospital?
(a) He is still delusional.
(b) He is still suicidal.
(c) He is making violent statements.
(d) He still cares for Charlotte.
4. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His fear of hospitals.
(b) His financial difficulties.
(c) His gambling problem.
(d) His family and business.
5. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
(a) Being sent home with Ann.
(b) Being sedated.
(c) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(d) Being sent to "seven."
6. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is in shock.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is ambivalent.
7. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
(b) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(c) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
(d) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
8. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
(d) The same.
9. How does Harry advise Jim to act from now on?
(a) As if he wants to be sent to "seven."
(b) As if he loves Ann.
(c) As if he does not want to teach.
(d) As if he wants to stay in the hospital.
10. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) A memory test.
(b) A word association test.
(c) A driving test.
(d) A reflex test.
11. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To get psychiatric help on the outside.
(b) To go to "seven."
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To go to a state hospital.
12. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) Two days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(b) Three days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) A week after Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) One day after Act 3, Scene 3.
13. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) He wants a cigarette.
(b) His question is not answered.
(c) He cannot get to sleep.
(d) He is starting to forget things.
14. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) A difficult financial situation.
(b) Ann's debt.
(c) Trouble with the doctors.
(d) Ann's custody.
15. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He taps her on the shoulder.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He shakes her hand.
(d) He waves to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
2. What does Jim want to know in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
4. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
5. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)