|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
2. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she has spoken to Charlotte.
(b) That she has been talking with doctors.
(c) That she has exaggerated the suicide attempt.
(d) That she is trying to have Jim committed.
3. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) His tears.
(b) His fears.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A letter.
4. What kind of test do the doctors give Jim in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) A memory test.
(b) A reflex test.
(c) A word association test.
(d) A driving test.
5. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) That she should rethink her actions.
(b) That she cannot get him released.
(c) That she should be committed instead of him.
(d) That she can get him released.
6. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) His anger issues.
(b) His forgetfulness.
(c) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(d) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
7. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He taps her on the shoulder.
(c) He waves to her.
(d) He shakes her hand.
8. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) A few.
9. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Bellman.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
10. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Staying quiet.
(b) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(c) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(d) Kicking and screaming.
11. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Being sent to "seven."
(b) Never seeing Charlotte again.
(c) Being sent home with her.
(d) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
12. Who has Jim been participating with, according the group in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The students.
(c) The doctors.
13. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he wants to forget about her.
(c) That he thinks she is crazy.
(d) That he doesn't love her.
14. Why does Ann tell Dr. Bellman that Jim should remain in the hospital?
(a) He is making violent statements.
(b) He still cares for Charlotte.
(c) He is still delusional.
(d) He is still suicidal.
15. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) The quality of food in the hospital.
(b) His intentions with Ann.
(c) His intentions with his job.
(d) The competence of the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
2. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
4. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is Tom?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)