|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) Trouble with the doctors.
(b) Ann's custody.
(c) Ann's debt.
(d) A difficult financial situation.
2. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) A few.
3. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
(a) He is in shock.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is angry.
4. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Late morning.
(d) At night.
5. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
(b) A conversation between two patients.
(c) A conversation between two doctors.
(d) The music in the background.
6. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
(a) They begin laughing.
(b) They fight.
(c) They insult her.
(d) They begin knocking on the walls.
7. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) He is optimistic.
(b) He is mournful.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is confused.
8. What does Jim tell Tom he wants to return to?
(a) His job at the school.
(b) His relationship with Charlotte.
(c) The theater.
(d) His marriage with Ann.
9. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) He cannot get to sleep.
(b) He is starting to forget things.
(c) His question is not answered.
(d) He wants a cigarette.
10. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
11. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
(a) He tells the doctor that he does not need any medication.
(b) He tells the doctor that he has already found a job.
(c) He tells the doctor that he does not need any additional psychiatric help.
(d) He tells the doctor that he would like some pills.
12. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To go to "seven."
(b) To get psychiatric help on the outside.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To go to a state hospital.
13. What is the discussion about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Jim's intelligence.
(b) Jim's condition.
(c) Jim's depression.
(d) Jim's anger problem.
14. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) His fears.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A letter.
(d) His tears.
15. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
(a) That Jim is crazy.
(b) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann is the best idea.
(c) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann might not be a good idea.
(d) That Ann is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
2. Who is Harry?
3. Where does Jim go as the third scene in Act 3 ends?
4. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
5. What idea does Tom have for Jim?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)