|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim feel as the final act of the play ends?
2. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any singers.
(b) If he knows any doctors.
(c) If he knows any celebrities.
(d) If he knows any police officers.
3. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman's decision in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is unresponsive.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is confused.
4. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The room monitor.
(b) The night nurse.
(c) The desk clerk.
(d) The morning nurse.
5. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
(a) That Ann was right.
(b) That Jim is telling the truth.
(c) That Ann was wrong.
(d) That Jim is lying.
6. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(b) That she could have him released.
(c) That she wants him to be released.
(d) That she has threatened Charlotte.
7. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) His recent contact with her.
(b) When he will stop seeing her.
(c) Why he is with her.
(d) How long they have been together.
8. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she has exaggerated the suicide attempt.
(b) That she has been talking with doctors.
(c) That she is trying to have Jim committed.
(d) That she has spoken to Charlotte.
9. Who is Dr. Bellman meeting with at the beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) The other patients.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
10. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him in a few days.
(b) Not release him.
(c) Release him next week.
(d) Release him immediately.
11. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is paranoid.
(c) He is antagonistic.
(d) He is complacent.
12. How does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that he feels in Act 3, Scene 4?
(b) The same.
13. According Jim in Act 3, Scene 4, when is he ready to be released?
(a) Next week.
(b) In a few days.
(d) As soon as possible.
14. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That he was selected for the job.
(b) That his interview was cancelled.
(c) That his interview has been postponed.
(d) That he was not selected for the job.
15. Why does Ann tell Dr. Bellman that Jim should remain in the hospital?
(a) He still cares for Charlotte.
(b) He is making violent statements.
(c) He is still delusional.
(d) He is still suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann tell Dr. Bellman in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What starts as Act 2 ends?
3. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
4. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
5. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)