|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
(b) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(c) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
(d) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
2. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Kicking and screaming.
(b) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(c) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(d) Staying quiet.
3. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
(a) If Jim is losing his temper.
(b) If Jim is suicidal.
(c) If Jim is crazy.
(d) If Jim is acting.
4. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) That she cannot get him released.
(b) That she can get him released.
(c) That she should rethink her actions.
(d) That she should be committed instead of him.
5. What causes Jim to lose his patience in the last scene in Act 2?
(a) He wants a cigarette.
(b) His question is not answered.
(c) He is starting to forget things.
(d) He cannot get to sleep.
6. Where is one of the other patients sent in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To the psychiatric ward.
(b) To the state hospital.
(c) To the doctor's office.
(d) To "seven."
7. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him immediately.
(b) Release him in a few days.
(c) Release him next week.
(d) Not release him.
8. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
9. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) Jim's students.
(b) George O'Brien.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
10. How many days have passed between Act 2 and Act 3?
11. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
(a) That Jim is telling the truth.
(b) That Ann was right.
(c) That Ann was wrong.
(d) That Jim is lying.
12. Who has Jim been participating with, according the group in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The doctors.
(d) The students.
13. Who is Dr. Bellman meeting with at the beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) The other patients.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
14. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
(b) Telling jokes.
15. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
2. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
3. What does Tom ask Jim about?
4. What does Jim agree to in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)