|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
2. Who is Tom?
(a) Jim's brother.
(b) Ann's cousin.
(c) Ann's brother.
(d) Jim's cousin.
3. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) That he needs to be re-examined next week.
(b) That he must stay for further testing.
(c) That he is dismissed.
(d) That he needs to be re-examined next month.
4. What happens between two of the patients after Miss Wingate leaves?
(a) They insult her.
(b) They begin knocking on the walls.
(c) They fight.
(d) They begin laughing.
5. Who is Harry?
(a) Jim's friend.
(b) Jim's cousin.
(c) Jim's student.
(d) Jim's brother.
6. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is optimistic.
(c) He is mournful.
(d) He is angry.
7. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
8. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any celebrities.
(b) If he knows any doctors.
(c) If he knows any singers.
(d) If he knows any police officers.
9. What has Ann done with Jim's phone service?
(a) Paid the bill for it.
(b) Transferred it to her name.
(c) Added a line to his account.
(d) Disconnected it.
10. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He shakes her hand.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He taps her on the shoulder.
(d) He waves to her.
11. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His family and business.
(b) His financial difficulties.
(c) His fear of hospitals.
(d) His gambling problem.
12. According to Tom, what do some of the other family members think?
(a) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann might not be a good idea.
(b) That Ann is crazy.
(c) That a reconciliation between Jim and Ann is the best idea.
(d) That Jim is crazy.
13. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
14. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
(a) That Ann was right.
(b) That Ann was wrong.
(c) That Jim is lying.
(d) That Jim is telling the truth.
15. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Playing a game.
(c) Staring out the window.
(d) Sitting by the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
2. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
3. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
4. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
5. How is Jim doing in the fifth scene of Act 2?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)