|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann reluctant to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Ask Jim about his outburst.
(b) Leave Jim and Harry alone.
(c) Talk to the doctors about Jim's condition.
(d) Tell Jim about Charlotte.
2. Where does Jim go as the third scene in Act 3 ends?
(a) To "seven."
(b) To the parking lot.
(c) Back to the ward.
(d) To the doctor's office.
3. What idea does Tom have for Jim?
(a) To sign an agreement to stay away from pharmacies.
(b) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is over.
(c) To see Charlotte and tell her the relationship is still intact.
(d) To see Ann's family and apologize to them.
4. As Act 3, Scene 2 concludes, what is the consensus of the doctors?
(a) That Ann was wrong.
(b) That Ann was right.
(c) That Jim is telling the truth.
(d) That Jim is lying.
5. What does Jim want to know in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) When he can talk to Ann.
(b) When he can talk to Charlotte.
(c) When he can talk to Dr. Barrow.
(d) When he can talk to Dr. Bellman.
6. What does Ann tell Dr. Bellman in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) That Jim is not ready to be released.
(b) That Jim is almost ready to be released.
(c) That Jim is ready to be released.
(d) That Jim should have been released weeks ago.
7. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
(a) That he doesn't love her.
(b) That he wants to forget about her.
(c) That he thinks she is crazy.
(d) That he loves her.
8. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
9. What is Jim doing at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Playing a game.
(c) Sitting by the door.
(d) Staring out the window.
10. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The sincerity of his desire to leave the hospital.
(b) His anger issues.
(c) His forgetfulness.
(d) The sincerity of his feelings for Ann.
11. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He wants to think about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He agrees.
12. What does Dr. Bellman decide to do for Jim in the last scene of Act 3?
(a) Release him in a few days.
(b) Not release him.
(c) Release him immediately.
(d) Release him next week.
13. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) How long they have been together.
(b) Why he is with her.
(c) His recent contact with her.
(d) When he will stop seeing her.
14. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Dr. Barrow.
(d) Miss Wingate.
15. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Miss Wingate.
(d) Another patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
2. What are the doctors trying to uncover in the second scene of Act 3?
3. What starts as Act 2 ends?
4. How does Jim say goodbye to Ann in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. How is Jim's mood as the fifth scene in Act 2 ends?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)