|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after Act 3, Scene 2 does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
2. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 3 take place?
(a) At night.
(b) Late morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
(a) If Ann requests it.
(b) If he requests it.
(c) If Miss Wingate requests it.
(d) If the doctors request it.
4. How does Jim respond to Dr. Bellman's decision in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is unresponsive.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is surprised.
5. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) A conversation between two patients.
(b) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
(c) A conversation between two doctors.
(d) The music in the background.
7. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Dr. Bellman.
(b) Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Miss Wingate.
8. What does Miss Wingate give to Jim in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A telegram from Ann.
(b) A phone message from Charlotte.
(c) A phone message from Ann.
(d) A telegram from Charlotte.
9. What does Ann deny in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That she has been talking with doctors.
(b) That she has exaggerated the suicide attempt.
(c) That she has spoken to Charlotte.
(d) That she is trying to have Jim committed.
10. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
(a) If he knows any police officers.
(b) If he knows any doctors.
(c) If he knows any celebrities.
(d) If he knows any singers.
11. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Never seeing Charlotte again.
(b) Being sent home with her.
(c) Being sent to "seven."
(d) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
12. How does Harry advise Jim to act from now on?
(a) As if he does not want to teach.
(b) As if he wants to be sent to "seven."
(c) As if he loves Ann.
(d) As if he wants to stay in the hospital.
13. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) A week after Act 3, Scene 3.
(b) Two days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) Three days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) One day after Act 3, Scene 3.
14. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) How long they have been together.
(b) When he will stop seeing her.
(c) His recent contact with her.
(d) Why he is with her.
15. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) A few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
3. What does Tom ask Jim about?
4. What is Ann reluctant to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)