|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
(d) Telling jokes.
2. Why does Ann tell Jim to endorse his paycheck to her?
(a) So she can pay some bills.
(b) So she can hire a private investigator.
(c) So she can buy dinner.
(d) So she can pay for a private psychiatrist.
3. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) A week after Act 3, Scene 3.
(b) One day after Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) Three days after Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Two days after Act 3, Scene 3.
4. What is the patient doing as they are taken out in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Staying quiet.
(b) Throwing punches at the attendants.
(c) Threatening Miss Wingate.
(d) Kicking and screaming.
5. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He wants to think about it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He refuses.
6. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman he wants to do in the last scene?
(a) Go back to his room.
(b) Go to another hospital.
(c) Go home and recover.
(d) Go to "seven."
7. Why does Ann tell Dr. Bellman that Jim should remain in the hospital?
(a) He is still delusional.
(b) He is still suicidal.
(c) He still cares for Charlotte.
(d) He is making violent statements.
8. Who is Tom?
(a) Jim's cousin.
(b) Jim's brother.
(c) Ann's brother.
(d) Ann's cousin.
9. Who does Jim talk to in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger.
(c) Gregory and Miss Wingate.
10. What does Jim tell Ann at the end of the play?
(a) That he has been released.
(b) That he will never be released.
(c) That he will be released next week.
(d) That he has not been released.
11. How many days have passed before Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) A few.
12. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
13. According to Ann, who thinks that Jim should stay in the hospital?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(b) Dr. Bellman.
(c) Dr. Schlesinger.
(d) Dr. Barrow.
14. What does Tom ask Jim about?
(a) His intentions with his job.
(b) His intentions with Ann.
(c) The quality of food in the hospital.
(d) The competence of the doctors.
15. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
(a) Another patient.
(b) Miss Wingate.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
2. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What has Ann told the school?
4. What starts as Act 2 ends?
5. What do the patients ask Jim about as the third scene in Act 2 begins?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)