|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
(a) Miss Wingate.
(d) Dr. Bellman.
2. What does Miss Wingate tell Jim to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) End his relationship with Charlotte and go back to Ann.
(b) Forget about both Charlotte and Ann.
(c) Make a decision quickly about Charlotte or Ann.
(d) Divorce Ann and stay with Charlotte.
3. What does Jim try to hide from Dr. Bellman in the fourth scene of Act 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) His tears.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) His fears.
4. What is the only way Charlotte will be allowed to see Jim?
(a) If Ann requests it.
(b) If Miss Wingate requests it.
(c) If he requests it.
(d) If the doctors request it.
5. How many attendants does it take to escort the patient out in the third scene of Act 2?
6. Who is Tom?
(a) Ann's brother.
(b) Ann's cousin.
(c) Jim's cousin.
(d) Jim's brother.
7. How does Harry advise Jim to act from now on?
(a) As if he wants to be sent to "seven."
(b) As if he wants to stay in the hospital.
(c) As if he loves Ann.
(d) As if he does not want to teach.
8. How does Jim respond to Tom's suggestion?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He wants to think about it.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He refuses.
9. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
(a) He tells the doctor that he does not need any additional psychiatric help.
(b) He tells the doctor that he would like some pills.
(c) He tells the doctor that he does not need any medication.
(d) He tells the doctor that he has already found a job.
10. What does Jim do after talking with Ann in Act 3, Part 4?
11. Who has Jim been participating with, according the group in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The doctors.
(c) The students.
12. What has limited the number of visits Harry has been able to make?
(a) His financial difficulties.
(b) His gambling problem.
(c) His fear of hospitals.
(d) His family and business.
13. Where does Jim go as the third scene in Act 3 ends?
(a) To the doctor's office.
(b) To "seven."
(c) Back to the ward.
(d) To the parking lot.
14. Who is included in the discussion taking place as Act 3, Scene 2 begins?
(a) Miss Hansen.
(b) Miss Cardell.
(c) Miss Wingate.
15. What is Dr. Bellman's assessment of Jim at the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is antagonistic.
(c) He is paranoid.
(d) He is complacent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Who calms Jim down in the fifth scene of Act 2?
4. What does Jim tell Ann as they speak in the fourth scene of Act 2?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)