|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Jim been behaving as the group assesses in the second scene of Act 3?
2. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is in shock.
3. What does Jim tell Ann he is afraid of?
(a) Never seeing Charlotte again.
(b) Being sent home with her.
(c) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
(d) Being sent to "seven."
4. What starts as Act 2 ends?
(a) A car's engine outside of the hospital.
(b) The music in the background.
(c) A conversation between two doctors.
(d) A conversation between two patients.
5. As the first scene in Act 3 ends, what will Jim always be in, according to Harry?
(a) A difficult financial situation.
(b) Ann's debt.
(c) Ann's custody.
(d) Trouble with the doctors.
6. What does Jim tell Tom about Ann?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he thinks she is crazy.
(c) That he wants to forget about her.
(d) That he doesn't love her.
7. Who is Miss Wingate?
(a) The night nurse.
(b) The desk clerk.
(c) The room monitor.
(d) The morning nurse.
8. What has Ann told the school?
(a) That Jim will not be returning.
(b) That Jim will be on vacation until next year.
(c) That Jim will be returning shortly.
(d) That Jim will be returning in a few months.
9. Who is also invited to the conversation that is happening in the very beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(b) George O'Brien.
(c) Jim's students.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger.
10. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That he was selected for the job.
(b) That his interview was cancelled.
(c) That he was not selected for the job.
(d) That his interview has been postponed.
11. What does Jim learn about Ann as the third scene in Act 2 ends?
(a) That she has spoken with Charlotte.
(b) That she could have him released.
(c) That she wants him to be released.
(d) That she has threatened Charlotte.
12. What is Jim warned about after his "violent" outburst?
(a) Being sedated.
(b) Being sent to "seven."
(c) Being sent home with Ann.
(d) Being sent to the psychiatric ward.
13. How does Jim answer Dr. Bellman's question in the final scene of Act 3?
(a) He tells the doctor that he does not need any additional psychiatric help.
(b) He tells the doctor that he has already found a job.
(c) He tells the doctor that he would like some pills.
(d) He tells the doctor that he does not need any medication.
14. Who is Dr. Bellman meeting with at the beginning of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) Dr. Barrow.
(d) The other patients.
15. How many days pass before Act 2, Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann ask Jim about Charlotte in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. When does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
3. According to Harry, who is Jim's only chance to be released from the hospital?
4. What are the doctors questioning Jim about in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What are some of the other patients doing in the background of the final scene in Act 2?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)