|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
(a) Only for a few weeks.
(b) Only for two weeks.
(c) Only for one week.
(d) Only for a few days.
2. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(b) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(c) That he will forget about Charlotte.
(d) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
3. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(b) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(c) He is a Broadway actor.
(d) He is a Broadway script writer.
4. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
(a) Everything they say and do is being observed.
(b) Only their words are being listened to.
(c) Only their actions are being observed.
(d) The doctors choose which patients to monitor.
5. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The convalescent ward.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) The psychiatric ward.
6. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) Dessert for a friend.
(b) Dinner for a friend.
(c) A gift for a friend.
(d) Theater tickets for a friend.
7. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Not mailing his letter.
(b) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(c) Hiding his letter.
(d) Giving his letter to Ann.
8. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
9. What does Grosberg tell Jim that some other patients do not need in order to be released?
(a) Their wife's permission.
(b) To be fully functional.
(c) To spend time in the convalescent ward.
(d) Their doctor's consent.
10. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(d) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
11. What floor of the hospital does the first scene of Act 2 take place on?
(a) In the basement.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The third floor.
12. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a cigarette.
(b) That he wants Charlotte.
(c) That he wants a doctor.
(d) That he wants to die.
13. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
14. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 35.
(b) About 30.
(c) About 25.
(d) About 40.
15. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(b) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(c) Patients there do not want to leave.
(d) Patients never leave there.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
2. Who is Gregory?
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
4. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
5. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)