|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A sanity test.
(b) A scholastic test.
(d) A physical examination.
2. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(b) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
3. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is annoyed.
4. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
5. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(b) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(d) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
6. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(b) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
(c) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(d) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
7. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
(a) Jim told the doctor about Charlotte the week before.
(b) Jim mentioned the name in his letter.
(c) Jim has the name and number on a note in his pocket.
(d) Jim keeps repeating the name.
8. Who is Gregory?
(a) A visitor for another patient.
(b) Another patient.
(c) A psychology expert.
(d) Jim's attendant.
9. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
10. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(d) He thinks it is a desperate act.
11. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is on the floor.
(d) He is sitting up.
12. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she fabricated the job interview.
(b) That she knows about Charlotte.
(c) That she is crazier than he is.
(d) That she knew about the plan to move him.
13. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
14. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 35.
(c) About 40.
(d) About 30.
15. What does Jim say when he becomes conscious at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That he wants a doctor.
(b) That he wants Charlotte.
(c) That he wants to die.
(d) That he wants a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bellman?
2. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
3. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
4. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)