|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His weight.
(c) His height.
(d) His age.
2. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The examination room.
(b) The psychiatric ward.
(c) The convalescent ward.
(d) The doctor's office.
4. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A vacation.
(c) A job.
5. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
(a) Jim's friend.
(b) Jim's brother.
(c) Jim's cousin.
(d) Jim's boss.
6. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
7. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Her work.
(c) The police.
(d) The hospital.
8. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
(a) For no reason.
(b) For paranoid reasons.
(c) For too many reasons.
(d) For very little reason.
9. Who is Gregory?
(a) A psychology expert.
(b) Jim's attendant.
(c) Another patient.
(d) A visitor for another patient.
10. What does Ann realize as she enters in the fifth scene of Act 1?
(a) Jim's conversation with Dr. Schlesinger.
(b) Jim's conversation with Dr. Barrow.
(c) Jim's conversation with Miss Hansen and Miss Cardell.
(d) Jim's conversation with Mr. Fleming and Grosberg.
11. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His job.
(b) His lack of friends.
(c) His insurance policy.
(d) His obsession with pills.
12. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(c) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(d) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
13. What is the fear that the other patients have of "seven"?
(a) Being unintentionally transferred there.
(b) Being kept from there.
(c) Being sent there.
(d) Being left alone there.
14. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Giving his letter to Ann.
(b) Not mailing his letter.
(c) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(d) Hiding his letter.
15. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
(d) That she tried to kill Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
2. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
4. What is Jim's main profession?
5. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)