|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(c) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her money.
2. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(a) A vacation.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A job.
3. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to take his own life.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to leave town.
(d) His intent to divorce Ann.
4. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A scholastic test.
(b) A sanity test.
(d) A physical examination.
5. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
6. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Wednesday evening.
(b) Wednesday morning.
(c) Tuesday evening.
(d) Tuesday morning.
7. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
8. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
9. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(b) He thinks it is a mistake.
(c) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(d) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
10. When was Jim's last play?
(a) A year ago.
(b) A few weeks ago.
(c) Several months ago.
(d) Several years ago.
11. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His brother.
(c) The theater.
(d) His job.
12. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(b) Hiding his letter.
(c) Not mailing his letter.
(d) Giving his letter to Ann.
13. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(c) A bottle.
14. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is kind and loyal.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is cunning and manipulative.
(d) She is forgetful.
15. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
2. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
3. How old is Dr. Kramer?
4. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
5. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)