|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
2. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to take his own life.
(d) His intent to leave town.
3. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
4. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has always dramatized things.
(c) That he never really worked on Broadway.
(d) That he has had psychiatric problems.
5. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(c) A bottle.
(d) A pencil.
6. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is annoyed.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is silent.
7. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is on the floor.
(d) He is sitting up.
8. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Saturday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Tuesday.
(d) On Sunday.
9. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It is a wreck.
10. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is too drowsy to respond.
(b) He is extremely alert.
(c) He is surprisingly coherent.
(d) He is unconscious.
11. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the morning.
12. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He refuses to comply.
(b) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
(c) He complies.
(d) He berates the doctor.
13. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He refuses to talk about her.
(b) He has no idea who she is.
(c) He has been seeing her.
(d) He only met her twice.
14. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
(a) Everything they say and do is being observed.
(b) Only their actions are being observed.
(c) Only their words are being listened to.
(d) The doctors choose which patients to monitor.
15. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A sanity test.
(b) A scholastic test.
(c) A physical examination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
2. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
3. Who is Dr. Bellman?
4. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
5. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)