|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days have passed since the previous scene as the third scene in Act 1 begins?
2. When does Ann tell Jim his interview for the theater job is?
3. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His brother.
(c) The theater.
(d) His job.
4. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she really does want to divorce him.
(b) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(c) That she loves Jim.
(d) That Jim really does like life.
5. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Question him.
(b) Call the nurse immediately.
(c) Call the doctor immediately.
(d) Lecture him.
6. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A job.
7. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
(a) For three hours.
(b) Since he was brought into the hospital.
(c) For one hour.
(d) On and off since the day before.
8. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
(a) Only for a few weeks.
(b) Only for one week.
(c) Only for a few days.
(d) Only for two weeks.
9. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Wednesday evening.
(b) Tuesday morning.
(c) Tuesday evening.
(d) Wednesday morning.
10. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His obsession with pills.
(b) His insurance policy.
(c) His job.
(d) His lack of friends.
11. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is on the floor.
(b) He is missing.
(c) He is sitting up.
(d) He is asleep.
12. How does Jim appear as Act 2 begins?
13. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At one pharmacy in town.
(b) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(c) At different pharmacies around town.
(d) At one pharmacy in another town.
14. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
15. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His weight.
(c) His height.
(d) His age.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
2. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What morning is it when Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
4. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
5. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)