|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is likely to happen if a patient gets sent to "seven"?
(a) They will be kept there indefinitely.
(b) They will never leave.
(c) They will be transferred to the state hospital.
(d) They will be transferred back to the psychiatric ward.
2. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) It is Thanksgiving.
(b) There is a flu epidemic.
(c) They are on strike.
(d) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
3. What does Jim learn about the monitoring system from the other patients in Act 2?
(a) Only their words are being listened to.
(b) Everything they say and do is being observed.
(c) Only their actions are being observed.
(d) The doctors choose which patients to monitor.
4. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
(a) They would celebrate.
(b) They would be over it soon.
(c) They would not even realize it.
(d) They would be devastated.
5. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has always dramatized things.
(c) That he never really worked on Broadway.
(d) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
6. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Giving his letter to Ann.
(b) Mailing his letter to the wrong address.
(c) Hiding his letter.
(d) Not mailing his letter.
7. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is fine physically.
(b) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(c) He does not know Jim's status.
(d) He is fine mentally.
8. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) That she tried to kill Jim.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(d) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
9. Who is Dr. Bellman?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A professor.
(d) A sociologist.
10. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) An office job.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) A manual labor job.
11. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At one pharmacy in town.
(b) At different pharmacies around town.
(c) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(d) At one pharmacy in another town.
12. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
13. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she is crazier than he is.
(b) That she knows about Charlotte.
(c) That she fabricated the job interview.
(d) That she knew about the plan to move him.
14. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients there do not want to leave.
(b) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(c) Patients never leave there.
(d) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
15. Why does Jim feel that he is being detained in the fifth scene of the play?
(a) For too many reasons.
(b) For paranoid reasons.
(c) For no reason.
(d) For very little reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What has Jim been depressed over?
3. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
4. How does Jim respond to Ann's statement at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)