|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
(b) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(c) That he never really worked on Broadway.
(d) That he has always dramatized things.
2. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At different pharmacies around town.
(b) At one pharmacy in town.
(c) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(d) At one pharmacy in another town.
3. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
(b) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
(c) That his apartment lease would be paid.
(d) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
4. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It is cloudy.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is sunny.
5. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
(a) He is quiet.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is sad.
6. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 25.
(b) About 30.
(c) About 40.
(d) About 35.
7. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
8. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to take his own life.
(d) His intent to leave town.
9. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His job.
(b) His lack of friends.
(c) His obsession with pills.
(d) His insurance policy.
10. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) An office job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) A manual labor job.
11. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) It is Thanksgiving.
(b) There is a flu epidemic.
(c) They are on strike.
(d) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
12. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A pathologist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A sociologist.
(d) A psychologist.
13. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He is fine mentally.
(b) He is not thoroughly healed physically.
(c) He does not know Jim's status.
(d) He is fine physically.
14. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The psychiatric ward.
(b) The convalescent ward.
(c) The examination room.
(d) The doctor's office.
15. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2 open?
2. How long has Ann been at Jim's bedside?
3. What is likely to happen if a patient gets sent to "seven"?
4. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
5. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)