|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Bellman?
(a) A professor.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A sociologist.
2. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is a positive sign.
(b) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(c) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(d) He thinks it is a mistake.
3. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
(a) He only met her twice.
(b) He refuses to talk about her.
(c) He has no idea who she is.
(d) He has been seeing her.
4. When was Jim's last play?
(a) A few weeks ago.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) Several months ago.
5. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 40.
(b) About 35.
(c) About 30.
(d) About 25.
6. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A pathologist.
(d) A psychologist.
7. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To tell him about the letter.
(b) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(c) To recount his suicide attempt.
(d) To tell him about his hospital stay.
8. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
9. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(b) That he is in the psychiatric building.
(c) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(d) That he is not really in a hospital.
10. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A teaching job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) He is unemployed.
11. What is Dr. Schlesinger's decision at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Jim is well enough to leave the hospital, but not go to his interview.
(b) Jim can only leave the hospital if he agrees to go home with Ann.
(c) Jim will need to stay in the hospital for at least another month.
(d) Jim is not well enough to leave the hospital.
12. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Question him.
(b) Call the nurse immediately.
(c) Lecture him.
(d) Call the doctor immediately.
13. What is likely to happen if a patient gets sent to "seven"?
(a) They will be transferred to the state hospital.
(b) They will be transferred back to the psychiatric ward.
(c) They will be kept there indefinitely.
(d) They will never leave.
14. Why are many of the nurses away for the week?
(a) There is a flu epidemic.
(b) They are on strike.
(c) It is Thanksgiving.
(d) The hospital is cutting back on its staff.
15. What is the fear that the other patients have of "seven"?
(a) Being left alone there.
(b) Being unintentionally transferred there.
(c) Being kept from there.
(d) Being sent there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim ask Grosberg to do for him?
2. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
3. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
4. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
5. What is Jim's main profession?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)