|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
2. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
3. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She is silent.
(b) She becomes hysterical.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
4. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
(a) That they are not crazy.
(b) That they are crazy.
(c) That the doctors are crazy.
(d) That the doctors are ignorant.
5. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
6. What does the nurse try to get away from Mr. Fleming?
(b) A bottle.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A needle.
7. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 noon.
(b) 2:00 in the morning.
(c) 12:00 midnight.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
8. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His job.
(b) The theater.
(c) His brother.
9. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(b) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(c) His inability to write his next play.
(d) His inability to work well with the other actors.
10. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is over.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It is a wreck.
11. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) An office job.
12. What do Grosberg and Mr. Fleming inform Jim of, which surprises him?
(a) That he must follow the doctor's instructions or he will be placed in a straight jacket.
(b) That he is restricted from talking to the other patients.
(c) That he is in the psychiatric building.
(d) That he is not really in a hospital.
13. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
(c) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
14. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
(a) Lecture him.
(b) Question him.
(c) Call the nurse immediately.
(d) Call the doctor immediately.
15. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His lack of friends.
(b) His obsession with pills.
(c) His insurance policy.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
2. What is Jim's main profession?
3. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
4. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
5. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)