|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
(a) That he will want to heal their marriage.
(b) That he will sign the divorce papers.
(c) That he will finally tell her who Charlotte is.
(d) That he will forget about Charlotte.
2. What is Dr. Bellman unable to give Jim as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
(a) The people behind his prolonged stay.
(b) The information they have collected while monitoring him.
(c) Hope of being released.
(d) A reason for his release.
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a wreck.
(b) It is horrible.
(c) It is over.
(d) It is a mess.
4. Who did Ann call after receiving the phone call she is telling the doctors about?
(a) Her work.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The police.
(d) The hospital.
5. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she is crazier than he is.
(b) That she knows about Charlotte.
(c) That she fabricated the job interview.
(d) That she knew about the plan to move him.
6. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(b) To the terrace.
(c) To his car.
(d) To the kitchen.
7. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) A manual labor job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) An office job.
8. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she really does want to divorce him.
(b) That Jim really does like life.
(c) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(d) That she loves Jim.
9. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is silent.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is annoyed.
10. What does Ann tell Jim when he first wakes up in the hospital?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That she has called his family.
(d) That she is paying for the doctor bills.
11. What floor of the hospital does the first scene of Act 2 take place on?
(a) In the basement.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The first floor.
(d) The third floor.
12. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A sociologist.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A pathologist.
13. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
(a) Patients are given electrotherapy.
(b) Patients are questioned.
(c) Patients are strapped down and put in a straight jacket.
(d) Patients are sedated.
14. What has Jim been depressed over?
(a) His inability to work well with the other actors.
(b) His inability to find the lead for his next play.
(c) His inability to recapture his professional success.
(d) His inability to write his next play.
15. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A physical examination.
(b) A sanity test.
(d) A scholastic test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the various different patient types Jim meets in the beginning of Act 2, how do some of them seem to him?
2. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
3. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
4. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
5. What is the weather like in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)