|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is kind and loyal.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is forgetful.
(d) She is cunning and manipulative.
2. When was Jim's last play?
(a) Several months ago.
(b) Several years ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) A few weeks ago.
3. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 2:00 in the morning.
(d) 12:00 midnight.
4. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A manual labor job.
(b) An office job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A job.
6. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To tell him about the letter.
(b) To tell him about his hospital stay.
(c) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(d) To recount his suicide attempt.
7. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At one pharmacy in town.
(b) At one pharmacy in another town.
(c) At different pharmacies around town.
(d) At different pharmacies in other towns.
8. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 35.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 30.
(d) About 25.
9. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
(a) That his apartment lease would be paid.
(b) That his apartment would be rented to another person.
(c) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Charlotte would get the benefits.
(d) That his G.I. Bill was in good standing, so that Ann would get the benefits.
10. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is sitting up.
(c) He is on the floor.
(d) He is asleep.
11. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is annoyed.
12. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His job.
(b) His brother.
(d) The theater.
13. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(b) He has not cooperated with anyone.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone.
(d) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
14. What does Ann accept from Miss Cardell while she waits with Jim in the second scene of Act 1?
(c) A cigarette.
15. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim inform Ann of in the third scene of Act 1?
2. Who is Dr. Bellman?
3. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
4. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
5. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)