|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
(a) They would be over it soon.
(b) They would not even realize it.
(c) They would celebrate.
(d) They would be devastated.
2. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The student nurse.
3. What is the state of some of the other patients Jim encounters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are hostile.
4. What floor of the hospital does the first scene of Act 2 take place on?
(a) The second floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) In the basement.
(d) The first floor.
5. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(b) He tells her that he does not want her money.
(c) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her love.
6. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 12:00 midnight.
(b) 2:00 in the morning.
(c) 12:00 noon.
(d) 2:00 in the afternoon.
7. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The theater.
(b) His job.
(c) His brother.
8. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
(a) Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Barrow.
(b) Dr. Kramer and Dr. Barrow.
(c) Dr. Barrow and Grosberg.
(d) Dr. Barrow and Miss Hansen.
9. Where did Jim go right after he took the pills?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the terrace.
(d) To his car.
10. What day is it in Act 1, Scene 3?
11. What is the fear that the other patients have of "seven"?
(a) Being kept from there.
(b) Being left alone there.
(c) Being sent there.
(d) Being unintentionally transferred there.
12. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) A gift for a friend.
(b) Theater tickets for a friend.
(c) Dessert for a friend.
(d) Dinner for a friend.
13. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A pencil.
(d) A bottle.
14. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is over.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is a wreck.
15. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
(a) He is unresponsive.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is skeptical.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
2. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
3. How old is Dr. Kramer?
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
5. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)