|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(b) A pencil.
(c) A bottle.
2. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Wednesday morning.
(b) Tuesday morning.
(c) Tuesday evening.
(d) Wednesday evening.
3. What floor of the hospital does the first scene of Act 2 take place on?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) In the basement.
(d) The second floor.
4. How did Jim get the pills to take?
(a) At different pharmacies in other towns.
(b) At one pharmacy in town.
(c) At one pharmacy in another town.
(d) At different pharmacies around town.
5. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
(a) He is carried by two ambulance drivers.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) He walks in assisted by his wife.
(d) On a gurney.
6. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That Jim really does like life.
(b) That she loves Jim.
(c) That she really does want to divorce him.
(d) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
7. What is Jim's state of mind when the doctors attempt to question him in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is too drowsy to respond.
(b) He is extremely alert.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is surprisingly coherent.
8. What does Jim tell the doctor is affecting his work negatively?
(a) His attitude.
(b) His height.
(c) His age.
(d) His weight.
9. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
(a) He refuses to comply.
(b) He requests to talk to a supervisor.
(c) He berates the doctor.
(d) He complies.
10. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
(a) That they are not crazy.
(b) That the doctors are ignorant.
(c) That they are crazy.
(d) That the doctors are crazy.
11. What reason does Jim give Dr. Bellman for his suicide attempt?
(a) His job.
(b) His insurance policy.
(c) His lack of friends.
(d) His obsession with pills.
12. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 35.
(b) About 30.
(c) About 25.
(d) About 40.
13. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
14. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She refuses to believe it.
(d) She becomes hysterical.
15. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Tuesday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Saturday.
(d) On Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
2. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
3. How does Jim respond to the new job interview?
4. Who is Dr. Barrow?
5. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)