|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jim, how would all of the people he knows react to his death?
(a) They would celebrate.
(b) They would be over it soon.
(c) They would be devastated.
(d) They would not even realize it.
2. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
3. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is a wreck.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is over.
4. What happens in "seven", according to what the other patients tell Jim?
(a) Patients are questioned.
(b) Patients are strapped down and put in a straight jacket.
(c) Patients are given electrotherapy.
(d) Patients are sedated.
5. What does Jim think is a waste of time?
6. How does Jim respond to Ann after he first wakes up?
(a) He tells her that he does not want a divorce.
(b) He tells her that he does not want his family there.
(c) He tells her that he does not want her love.
(d) He tells her that he does not want her money.
7. What is likely to happen if a patient gets sent to "seven"?
(a) They will be kept there indefinitely.
(b) They will be transferred to the state hospital.
(c) They will never leave.
(d) They will be transferred back to the psychiatric ward.
8. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To recount the days leading up to his suicide attempt.
(b) To recount his suicide attempt.
(c) To tell him about the letter.
(d) To tell him about his hospital stay.
9. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
(a) Tuesday evening.
(b) Tuesday morning.
(c) Wednesday evening.
(d) Wednesday morning.
10. Who is George O'Brien?
(a) Jim's attendant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Another patient.
(d) A professor.
11. How long does Ann tell Jim his new location will be for?
(a) Only for a few weeks.
(b) Only for one week.
(c) Only for a few days.
(d) Only for two weeks.
12. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) An office job.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) A manual labor job.
(d) A teaching job.
13. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A physical examination.
(b) A scholastic test.
(c) A sanity test.
14. What does the doctor ask Jim when he first wakes up?
(a) The reason for his professional setbacks.
(b) His motives for separating with Ann.
(c) His motives for suicide.
(d) The reason for the type of pills he chose.
15. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(b) A vacation.
(c) A job.
(d) A psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gregory, what is the patient's responsibility to prove?
2. What does Jim refuse to discuss with Dr. Bellman in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
5. What time is it when Act 1, Scene 3 opens?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)