|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim realize about Ann as Act 1 ends?
(a) That she knows about Charlotte.
(b) That she is crazier than he is.
(c) That she knew about the plan to move him.
(d) That she fabricated the job interview.
2. Who called Ann earlier in the day?
(a) Jim's brother.
(b) Jim's boss.
(c) Jim's friend.
(d) Jim's cousin.
3. As he explains to the doctor, what did Jim not have enough money to buy?
(a) Dessert for a friend.
(b) Theater tickets for a friend.
(c) A gift for a friend.
(d) Dinner for a friend.
4. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes hysterical.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She becomes angry at the doctor.
(d) She is silent.
5. What does Mr. Fleming give to Grosberg?
(a) A bottle.
(b) A pencil.
6. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(b) That she goes home to rest.
(c) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
(d) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
7. What did the letter that Jim wrote indicate?
(a) His intent to divorce Ann.
(b) His intent to get help for his problems.
(c) His intent to leave town.
(d) His intent to take his own life.
8. Who is Miss Cardell?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) The head nurse.
(c) The student nurse.
(d) A doctor.
9. Where does Act 2 open?
(a) The convalescent ward.
(b) The doctor's office.
(c) The psychiatric ward.
(d) The recreation room.
10. How old is Dr. Kramer?
(a) About 30.
(b) About 40.
(c) About 35.
(d) About 25.
11. What does Jim reveal to the doctor about Ann in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) She is kind and loyal.
(b) She is forgetful.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is cunning and manipulative.
12. What does Dr. Bellman give Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 2?
(a) A sanity test.
(b) A physical examination.
(d) A scholastic test.
13. Who is Dr. Barrow?
(a) A pathologist.
(b) A sociologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A psychologist.
14. How does Jim initially respond to Dr. Bellman's request?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is annoyed.
15. What is the state of some of the other patients Jim encounters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They are depressed.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim challenge Grosberg about in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What is Dr. Kramer's evaluation of Jim in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who is Gregory?
4. What does Dr. Bellman ask Jim in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. When does the first scene of The Shrike take place?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)