Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is significant about the time of year that the play takes place and what possible reason could the author have had for choosing it?
2. How do the nurses interact with the patients in the beginning of the play and what does that illustrate?
3. How is Jim brought into the hospital and what is the reason he is there?
4. What is Jim's state of mind in Act 1, Scene 1, and what does he admit to?
5. What are the circumstances around...
This section contains 1,183 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)