|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Fleming tell Jim about the convalescent ward?
(a) Patients leave there more quickly than they think.
(b) Patients do not leave there as quickly as they would like.
(c) Patients never leave there.
(d) Patients there do not want to leave.
2. What does the nurse suggest to Ann in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she starts remembering what happened to Jim.
(b) That she starts thinking of which relatives to call.
(c) That she goes home to rest.
(d) That she goes home to get the money for the visit.
3. What is Jim's main profession?
(a) He is a Broadway actor.
(b) He is a Broadway theatre director.
(c) He is a Broadway set decorator.
(d) He is a Broadway script writer.
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The examination room.
(c) The psychiatric ward.
(d) The convalescent ward.
5. What time is it at the start of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 2:00 in the afternoon.
(b) 12:00 noon.
(c) 2:00 in the morning.
(d) 12:00 midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim tell the doctor about Charlotte in the fourth scene of Act 1?
2. How did Jim get the pills to take?
3. When was Jim's last play?
4. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
5. How many pills does Jim admit to taking?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)