|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jim currently hold?
(a) A manual labor job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) An office job.
2. How does Ann respond to the doctor's request that Jim be given his Last Rites?
(a) She becomes hysterical.
(b) She refuses to believe it.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She becomes angry at the doctor.
3. How does Jim feel that he has acted since entering the hospital, as he describes in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He has cooperated with everyone.
(b) He has cooperated with some, not with others.
(c) He has cooperated with everyone except Ann.
(d) He has not cooperated with anyone.
4. What does Ann think about Charlotte?
(a) She has no idea who Charlotte is.
(b) That she may be able to help Jim recover faster.
(c) That she tried to kill Jim.
(d) That she is behind Jim's suicide attempt.
5. When were Jim and Ann supposed to meet?
(a) On Saturday.
(b) On Monday.
(c) On Tuesday.
(d) On Sunday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
2. Who does Ann originally share her concerns with about Jim's ability to leave the hospital?
3. What does Dr. Barrow suggest that Ann does when Jim becomes semi-conscious?
4. When was Jim's last play?
5. How is Jim Downs brought into the hospital?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)