|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann tell Jim about the theater job in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) That his interview has been postponed.
(b) That he was not selected for the job.
(c) That his interview was cancelled.
(d) That he was selected for the job.
2. How does Jim first appear in the third scene of Act 1?
(a) He is missing.
(b) He is on the floor.
(c) He is sitting up.
(d) He is asleep.
3. What does Ann admit to Dr. Schlesinger about Jim's past?
(a) That he never really worked on Broadway.
(b) That he has had psychiatric problems.
(c) That he has always dramatized things.
(d) That he has not had psychiatric problems.
4. What do the doctors tell Jim at the end of the second scene in Act 3?
(a) That he must stay for further testing.
(b) That he needs to be re-examined next week.
(c) That he needs to be re-examined next month.
(d) That he is dismissed.
5. How does Dr. Barrow respond to Ann's outlook on life as the second scene of the play ends?
(a) He thinks it is the reason for Jim's suicide attempt.
(b) He thinks it is a negative sign.
(c) He thinks it is a mistake.
(d) He thinks it is a positive sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ann tell Jim she has spoken with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
4. What kind of mood is Jim in as the fifth scene in the play begins?
5. Why does the doctor ask Ann about the name, Charlotte?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)