Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim describe suicide to Dr. Bellman?
(a) He thinks it is a desperate act.
(b) He thinks it is not a desperate act.
(c) He thinks it is a selfish act.
(d) He thinks it is not a selfish act.
2. What does Ann insist to Dr. Barrow at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) That she wants the best specialists to examine Jim.
(b) That she really does want to divorce him.
(c) That she loves Jim.
(d) That Jim really does like life.
3. How does Jim respond to seeing a patient removed?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is in shock.
(d) He is angry.
4. What does Jim tell Dr. Bellman that Ann needed?
(b) A job.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A psychiatrist.
5. When the doctor questions him in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Jim say about his life?
(a) It is a mess.
(b) It is a wreck.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Jim eventually respond to Dr. Bellman's first request?
2. Who is Dr. Bellman?
3. What is Ann's hope if Jim stays in the hospital and recovers slowly?
4. What did Jim want to confirm before his suicide attempt?
5. What does Dr. Barrow ask Ann about Jim's letter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)