|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
2. Who does Ray dream about while staying in a motel driving to Chisholm?
3. As they reach Iowa, what does Ray tell JD Salinger they need to pick up?
4. What is Ray and Richard's relationship?
5. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Shoeless Joe, some characters can see the "magic," while others cannot. In an essay, analyze who can see the magic and those that can't. What qualities do those who can see the magic possess?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze what genre Shoeless Joe is. What evidence from the text supports your opinion? Is it only one genre or a combination?
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, analyze what affect point of view has on the novel. Using examples from the text, from what point of view is Shoeless Joe told? How would the novel change if it were told from the point of view of each of the following characters:
• JD Salinger
• Annie Kinsella
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)