|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(b) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
2. What position did Moonlight Graham play in the major league?
(a) First Base.
(c) Left Field.
(d) Right Field.
3. What additional message did the voice give JD Salinger?
(a) "Start writing again."
(b) Nothing, he only heard "Go the distance."
(c) "Fulfill the dream."
(d) "Bottle the moonlight."
4. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) Into town to stay the night.
(b) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
(c) Through the gate in center field.
(d) He sleeps on the field.
5. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
(a) A tavern.
(b) The TV station.
(c) The mining museum.
(d) The local newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous when Ray first comes home from his road trip with Salinger?
2. What object does Ray treat with reverence as he touches it?
3. Where did Moonlight Graham grow up?
4. What is the name of the hitch-hiker Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
5. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)