|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray do for a second time as he and JD start their road trip?
(a) Tells JD about the first time Ray read "The Catcher in the Rye."
(b) Bangs his head on a pole at a gas station.
(c) Tell JD the story of his father, Shoeless Joe, and his baseball field.
(d) Talks about the difference between different species of corn.
2. After Ray returns from his road trip with Salinger, why is Richard in town?
(a) Ray's mother died and Richard is giving him the news.
(b) Annie invited Richard to visit.
(c) Richard heard the voice telling him to visit.
(d) Richard works for a carnival that has stopped in town.
3. What kind of car does Ray drive?
(a) A Datsun.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) A Dodge.
(d) A Toyota.
4. During the argument in "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub" between Mark and Ray, what is revealed about Eddie Scissons?
(a) Eddie is scizophrinic.
(b) The real Eddie Scissons died fifteen years ago.
(c) Eddie Scissons never owned the farm.
(d) Scissons never played for the Chicago Cubs.
5. After interviewing people of the town, what does Ray compare memories of Doc Graham to?
(a) A package of baseball cards held together by a rubber band.
(b) Ears of corn growing on a stalk.
(c) Family pictures kept in a box.
(d) Colored bottles that Ray and Annie dug up from their yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. JD Salinger begins to tell strangers his identity. What is their general reaction?
2. For Doc Graham, what would have been a real tragedy?
3. Doc Graham asks Ray if he is what kind of inanimate object?
4. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
5. What happens in Moonlight Graham's first at bat on Ray's field?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)