|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ray, which position player can teach you everything you need to know about a game?
(a) The catcher.
(b) The left fielder.
(c) The pitcher.
(d) The first basemen.
2. Where is Ray's gun when he convinces Salinger to join him?
(a) In his coat pocket aimed at Salinger.
(b) He forgot the gun in Iowa.
(c) In the trunk of his car.
(d) In the car's glove box.
3. Where does Ray go to learn more about taking care of a baseball field?
(a) New York.
(d) Iowa City.
4. As "They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964" ends, where are Ray and Salinger about to travel?
(c) New York.
5. Who is Mark?
(a) Annie's father.
(b) Ray's brother.
(c) Annie's brother.
(d) Ray's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball field did J.D. Salinger dream about playing on as a child?
2. What happens while Ray is having dinner at a Greek diner?
3. Who does Ray suggest could play with Shoeless Joe and the others?
4. What does Shoeless Joe watch for during a game?
5. What does Ray offer Salinger to pursued him to come to the baseball game with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Ray and Salinger learn at the Baseball Hall of Fame?
2. In The Rapture of J.D. Salinger, Salinger says he wants to "touch the perfect dream." Describe what the "perfect dream" might be for Salinger.
3. At the beginning of the novel, would you describe Ray's farming as a commercial success? Why or why not?
4. Will completing Shoeless Joe's request be easy for Ray? Why or why not?
5. Explain the symbolism of doors in The Rapture of J.D. Salinger.
6. What does Ray expect after he completes another section of the baseball field?
7. What does Annie's family think of Ray?
8. What does Archie believe a player needs to do in order to earn a nickname?
9. What does Eddie tell Ray to do about his father?
10. When a policeman pulls Ray over, why doesn't JD Salinger tell the officer that he has been kidnapped by Ray?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)