|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rapture of J.D. Salinger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball field did J.D. Salinger dream about playing on as a child?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) The Polo Grounds.
(c) Comiskey Park.
(d) Ebbets Field.
2. In The Oldest Living Chicago Cub, why is Mark so desperate to buy Ray's farm?
(a) Ray's farm is the only section that hasn't sold to Ray and his partners.
(b) Mark wants to help Annie's family.
(c) Ray's farm has the best view of the river.
(d) Mark wants to punish Ray for embarressing him.
3. What is Moonlight Graham's first name?
4. What does Salinger ask Ray multiple times before he agrees to join him at the baseball game?
(a) How good are the seats to the game?
(b) How long will the game take?
(c) If Ray is under physciatric care.
(d) How long it took for Ray to drive to his home from Iowa.
5. Where does Moonlight Graham go after the game he plays in for the White Sox on Ray's field is over?
(a) Through the gate in center field.
(b) He sleeps on the field.
(c) Into town to stay the night.
(d) Back into Ray's farmhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. While playing baseball, Eddie was on a team that did what?
2. What reason does Salinger think Ray was not invited to go through the door?
3. What happens to the field after each player leaves after each game?
4. At the end of the novel, who does Shoeless Joe ask to go with the other players through the doorway?
5. What does Ray pull from his wallet to give to JD Salinger?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)