|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rapture of J.D. Salinger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray leaves JD Salinger alone in the hotel room and goes for a walk. How does Ray come across Doc Graham?
(a) Ray somehow time travelled.
(b) He never leaves the hotel room, it's all a dream.
(c) Doc Graham somehow time travelled.
(d) Moonlight Graham appears like a ghost from Ray's field.
2. What business office do Ray and JD Salinger first visit to investigate Moonlight Graham?
(a) The local newspaper.
(b) A tavern.
(c) The TV station.
(d) The mining museum.
3. At the end of the novel, who locks the gate for the final time?
(a) Annie and Ray.
(c) It's left unlocked.
4. What position player is Ray excited to see finally appear on the field?
(b) Center fielder.
(d) Second baseman.
5. In "The Oldest Living Chicago Cub", what did Eddie sell to Mark?
(a) Shoeless Joe's cleats.
(b) An autographed baseball.
(c) A tractor.
(d) Ray's mortgage.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the novel, Ray turns and looks at the baseball field to see it ___________.
2. What signals to Salinger, Scissons, and Ray that the baseball players have returned?
3. Who first notices Shoeless Joe when he appears on the field?
4. While staying in a hotel in Minneapolis, what does JD Salinger suggest the three of them do?
5. At the end of the novel, what is Ray's hope for the baseball field?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)