|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rapture of J.D. Salinger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ray feel he should be asked to go with the other players through the doorway?
(a) His father is now part of the team.
(b) He risked everything and built the field.
(c) He offered to pay to go with the players.
(d) He knows what is on the other side of the doorway.
2. What profession is the hitch hiker who Ray and JD Salinger pick up?
(a) A farmhand.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A writer.
3. Having arrived in Moonlight Graham's town, what medical condition does Ray believe he and Salinger had contracted?
(b) Restless leg syndrome.
(d) Post-fantasy depression.
4. After returning from their first expedition in Chisholm, Ray has another dream about Eddie. What figure is in the dream?
(a) A black angel.
(b) A scarlet bird.
(c) A dark horse.
(d) A black butterfly.
5. What does Salinger ask Ray multiple times before he agrees to join him at the baseball game?
(a) How good are the seats to the game?
(b) If Ray is under physciatric care.
(c) How long will the game take?
(d) How long it took for Ray to drive to his home from Iowa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What team did Moonlight Graham play for in the majors?
2. Who does the announcer say is the White Sox catcher?
3. What does Ray feel when he is not asked to go with the other players through the door?
4. Before he became a farmer, what did Ray do for a living?
5. As Shoeless Joe talks about playing in the major leagues, Ray remembers falling in love with the land of Iowa. What is his memory of?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)